It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Mark?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ever driven a snowscooter? Stupid girl? On icy roads?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Ever driven a snowscooter? Stupid girl? On icy roads?

Nope.
But I can parallel park in the rain.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

You are promulgating unsound doctrine.
Tread lightly brother, lest you be a stumbling block.

Covenant Law

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
Haven't finished reading all subsequent posts to the one in this reply, as I am researching as I go. However, I found this applicable and worth noting:

The Hebrew word Tevet means: The tenth attribute that enables a human being to be able to exchange or trade the gifts or talents of his natural strength into the spiritual realm that designs the purpose of his life.

The physical act of Giving ones tithe to God, being generous, sharing, the buying and selling or trading of things which promotes God's reality in the earth,

is also part of the spiritual energies which are released by God during the the tenth month called "Tevet" on God's Hebrew calendar.

But on the other hand "Tevet" is also the season when the negative energies of selfishness, evil eye, love of money, evil trading, slavery, the buying and selling of idols becomes evident in this season.

The origin of evil trade:

The tenth month on the Hebrew calendar is the season when the forces of evil which opposes God's authority in the earth begins to warfare and to contend against God's chosen ones.

Nimrod, the founder of the Babylonian system of trading (selling, making & buying of idols) established a law of opposing God through trading, where his stock market sold items of sorcery, witchcraft and magic.

God's Holy Seasons

Yes indeed, well done. It's all about "trafficing merchandise" (which those with "feigned words make of you"): people are selling themselves to these lies. Okay, but, now look at 2 Thess 2 and you'll see the apostle warning that before the second coming occurs, we're going to see the "son of perdition" sitting in the temple claiming to be God. correlate: where have we seen this before? Look at Ezekiel 28 and you'll see prophecy against the prince/king of Tyre (which means Rock), and he says this:

Eze 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am God, I sit in the seat of God

God then tells him "Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness. They shall bring thee down to the pit" this is talking about the "elect remnant" who know who he really is- an imposter Rock- a fake Rock- a fake Jesus; and they "draw their swords" meaning- the swords of the spirit- they draw out TRUTH again him to "bring him down into the pit"

Eph 6:17 and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds
5 Casting down every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God

Now continue through Ezekiel 28 and you'll get to the KING who is "the covering cherub" who was "in the garden of God" etc. and who:

By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

For my endeavor to truly be in earnest, it must also be with the humility to submit my desire to His timing

Understood, and well said: therefore WATCH the 10th day of the 10th month and when you see the "king of confusion" coming with "all his host" you'll know for certain exactly who he is and you won't be confused.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled"
The word for merchandise is "rekullah" which can imply peddling or pandering.

"Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities by the iniquity of thy traffick "
Same word used here, "rekullah". The root of this word is "rakal", which means to go about, from one to another. The implication is to pander-- such as merchandise or gossip.

This word is connected and related to the late Hebrew word for slander and the Arabic word for calumniator.

Meditating on those verses in this context begins to paint quite a picture of what is being referred to.

The connection I'm still trying to make with the mark of the Beast is with the depth and scope of scripture, insofar as what is being implied by scripture can have a spiritual meaning and manifestation AND the physical or literal counterpart. The Bible is the master text of double entendre.
I am still working out your interpretation, but I feel very strongly that there is more-- whether you haven't gotten that far in working it out yourself or whether you have just decidedly edited your comments thus far in this thread, I do not know.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Meditating on those verses in this context begins to paint quite a picture of what is being referred to.

The connection I'm still trying to make with the mark of the Beast is with the depth and scope of scripture, insofar as what is being implied by scripture can have a spiritual meaning and manifestation AND the physical or literal counterpart. The Bible is the master text of double entendre.
I am still working out your interpretation, but I feel very strongly that there is more-- whether you haven't gotten that far in working it out yourself or whether you have just decidedly edited your comments thus far in this thread, I do not know.

I'm definitely "editing" what I'm saying; if I were to post everything relative my posts would pretty much run the length of the bible plus commentary. I'm posting the stuff that I think gets a person a good foundation. I don't want to overload anyone, and I have to keep the things I say a certain "focal minimum" in order to get an effective point across; then the rest they can build up "here a little there a little" as it were.

The "literal counterpart" you're looking for to this is the teffilin: en.wikipedia.org...

The hand-tefillin, or shel yad
the head-tefillin, or shel rosh

"The Torah commands that they should be worn to serve as a "sign" and "remembrance" that God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt"

The phsycial economy being "trafficked/peddled" as you put it is an analogue of the spiritual economy being "trafficked/peddled" wherein we understand that the WORD OF GOD is the proverbial "coin" and "teaching" is the proverbial economy: "false teachers" effectively have turned the spiritual economy into a "den of thieves and robbers" by using the scripture in a twisted manner in order to "make merchandise of you":

2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
edit on 16-11-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

A quick addition:

2Pet 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

So you see the false teachers use this spiritual economy to traffick in people (this is what all of this "people trafficking" is about in the OT, it's about the spiritual truth couched in the physical analogue: buying and selling men through false teachings; which the apostle says causes "the truth" to be "evil spoken of"

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Just a quick note here that- in the end, it all turns out good for everyone because they're all "repenting" right before the second coming thanks to the intervention of the "elected ones" who "burn her with fire" through the revelation of the truth "the everlasting gospel" (which is the "everlasting fire" that burns everything up- purifying it: ie burning up confusion with understanding):

1Co 3:13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. 14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

so yeah there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth; but then again:

Re 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

I've come to a similar conclusion.

I noticed a while ago now the parallels between Rev 13:16 and Exodus 13:9-10. I'm aware of the Adventist notion that the "mark of the Beast" is Sunday (first day sabbath) in opposition to Saturday (seventh day sabbath). But, the parallels are more evident with Passover in distinction to Easter. And what I've concluded is that the "mark of the Beast" will be a symbol of slavery unlike the Passover, which is symbolic of the Christian's deliverance from sin and death (paralleling Israel's deliverance from Egyptian bondage). I did some research and learned that in the decades soon after the apostle John's death the first major doctrine to be attacked was the Passover. It led to a great debate known as the Quartodeciman controversy in which Polycarp (a disciple of John) and later Polycrates (who was a disciple of Polycarp) defended the observance of Christ's Passover on the 14th of Nisan whereas the Roman popes defended the observance of Easter Sunday.

Later the Roman Emperor Constantine and Pope Sylvester at the Nicean Council sanctioned the observance of Easter throughout the Empire. Constantine wrote an official letter, which Eusebius notes: "At this meeting the question concerning...Easter was discussed...First of all, it appeared an unworthy thing that in the celebration of this...feast we should follow the practice of the Jews...Let us then have nothing in common with the Jews...It has been determined by the common judgment of all, that the...feast of Easter should be kept on one and the same day." Later due to opposition by the quartodecimans in Asia Minor who refused to adopt Easter Constantine sent another official letter sparking persecution against these heretics: "...To speak of your criminality as it deserves, demands more time and leisure than I can give...Why not at once strike, as it were, at the root of so great a mischief by a public manifestation of displeasure? Forasmuch, then, as it is no longer possible to bear with your pernicious errors, we give warning by this present statute that none of you henceforth presume to assemble yourselves together. We have directed, accordingly, that you be deprived of all the houses in which you are accustomed to hold your assemblies: and (we) forbid the holding of your superstitious and senseless meetings, not in public merely, but in any private house or place whatsoever...Take the far better course of entering the Catholic Church...We have commanded...that you be positively deprived of every gathering point of your superstitious meetings, I mean all the houses of prayer...and that these be made over without delay to the Catholic Church; that any other places be confiscated to the public service, and no facility whatever be left for any future gathering, in order that from this day forward none of your unlawful assemblies may presume to appear in any public or private place. Let this edict be made public."

It will be interesting if something similar will happen when the Beast and False Prophet ally together to oversee the enforcement of the "mark of the Beast" throughout Europe and the Middle East.

I also wonder if there will be a technical application of the "mark of the Beast" besides symbolic seeing that the Jews in the Holocaust were stamped on their wrists, which is equivalent to the hand (since in Roman times the wrist was part of the hand) and in Acts 17:9 it states: "Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven ["charagma"] by art ["techne"] and man's device." What I have found of interest is that the same word translated as "graven" here is translated as "mark" in Rev. 13:16, which can mean literally "stamp" or even "graven work." And "charagma" is used in connection with "techne" in Acts 17:9 meaning craft or trade and from which we get the word "technology." And with the ubiquitousness of technology growing more each day it does make you wonder if it might be applied someway in the fulfillment of the "mark of the Beast."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join