It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Mark?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would like to start this discussion by expressing that in no way, shape or form do I intend to spread fear or negativity by engaging the matter at hand. My presentation represents how I have come to believe the fabled "Mark of the Beast" with regards to its meaning and existence in this world.

The passage I will base my presentation around comes from Revelation:

"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

While there are many variations/translations of this passage, this one suffices. First, to unravel the mystery, the author suggests wisdom and insight. On my own, I don't have much of that, but I've been given some fantastic Help along the way.

1. 6 represented man in ancient times.

2. Greek philosophy heavily influenced the mind's of biblical authors. The author of this passage would have been familiar with the traditional Greek distinction of the 3 dimensions of human existence: physical, emotional/mental and spiritual/intellectual. The three 6's correspond and represent man's absolute control over the three dimensions of human experience.

3. It is MAN's number that is the symbol of this dominion. And this number isn't anything specific, it can be any number. Cell phones, social security numbers, license plates, barcodes and the list goes on ad infinitum. Its elegance reflects not only its simplicity, but also subtle, subversive intelligence, a hallmark of those powers seeking to bind us in ignorance. Everything has a number these days, from the food on your table to the books on subjects spiritual.

So the mark isn't something concrete, like an RFID chip, though technology like this certainly constitutes the next generation of control. It is already in play. Those here gifted with spiritual sight may have seen it too, the three black bars on foreheads. I know I have.

Should anyone be interested in suggestions for avoiding permanent marking, my inbox is always open.

May the Spirit Be With You,
Anonymous
edit on 13-11-2012 by UncoveringPatmo because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UncoveringPatmo

Dump the gematria.

Start your search with "what is the word 'charagma'" which is used in the Revelation of John. What does that word mean?

Then, look at the description, and see how it compares to a tefillin. What is the significance of the tefillin? When you get those two things down, you'll understand what John was talking about.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Dump the gematria.

Start your search with "what is the word 'charagma'" which is used in the Revelation of John. What does that word mean?

Then, look at the description, and see how it compares to a tefillin. What is the significance of the tefillin? When you get those two things down, you'll understand what John was talking about.

I have never had this pointed out to me before, that is probably the best interpretation I have seen to date. Grateful to you.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
6 neutrons
6 protons
6 electrons

The hand and the forehead.

The frontal lobes of your brain are positioned right behind your 'forehead'. The frontal lobe is a critical centre and it controls the 'essence' of our humanity.

The hand is the means by which our thoughts are carried out, interact with the world, our actions, how we do what we do...

Any conscious being (in this case, humans - the number of a man) that carries this signature (which we all do, as we are all carbon based), that eschews the use of the frontal lobe and consequently the action which ensues...has the mark, for all to see...they are as 'beasts'...

A99
edit on 14-11-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Dear UncoveringPatmo,

The Hebrew language had letters that were also numbers. A=1, B=2, C=3, they were interchangeable and because of this the Jews were able to memorize the bible with an oral tradition. Each sentence was checked by adding up all the letters, same was true for each paragraph and book. As a consequence, 666 is the name of a man and the number of his name. That is what was meant by the passages you are referencing. It was something that every Jew could understand at the time.

As for "the mark", I agree a chip is not a mark and is not the Mark of the Beast. The marks referred to must be able to be seen by others. It could be something as simple as a small invisible to the human eye tattoo verifying that you are you. The bible says that the mark will be required for someone to buy or sell; therefore, it is related to currency.

There is a common foolishness where people claim that John in Revelations was writing about Nero because his name when converted to numbers is supposed to equal 666; but, the writer would obviously known that it is was not required to have a mark to buy and sell under Nero and the word had not spread to the ends of the earth. Personally, it matters little who the Anti-Christ is, the issue must be whether or not one will take a mark in order to buy or sell. The name of the man could be anything, many names add up to 666.

My concern is that people would take a mark rather than be chipped. People are more afraid of being chipped then having an invisible tattoo.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

Dump the gematria.

I have never had this pointed out to me before, that is probably the best interpretation I have seen to date. Grateful to you.

Wish I could take credit for it. There was a sort of an offbeat church in Huntsville we used to go to, the minister was big on you learning to read Koine and conducted the service out of a Greek New Testament. It's all his.

The tefillin is a demonstration to the world that you carry the word of God in your hands (deeds) and in your mind (thoughts). It's bound to your forehead and right hand, and contains within it a verse from the Torah. The description of the "mark" is that it's also in your right hand and forehead. That's because the author is using the literal description of the tefillin to describe the mark.

Charagma has a LOT of meanings, depending on context. It CAN mean a tattoo, or a physical mark, but it also means a contract, a vow, a pledge. In the context of the tefillin, charagma means that you have given your mind and deeds to the service of the Beast, in a knowing fashion. It does not mean an RFID, or credit card, or whatnot. It has to be done willingly.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Okay there's two ways to understand the bible. One is to let it define itself, one is to make up the definitions yourself. Most people follow the latter and if you do this you are never going to understand it; you'll be running around on some apoclyptic scavenger hunt trying to "see" it- and you're going to see it everywhere. microchip! credit cards! computer mouse! This is "leaning on your own understanding"- you look at "count the number" "the number of a man" "666" and start looking everywhere except the bible trying to "find the 666"; a carbon atom! 6-pointed star! Ronald Reagan!

these words and phrases are being correlated; instead of looking around, you ask "where else do I find these ideas in the bible?" correlate info John is using symbols and phrases that have already been used and he expects you to know this and correlate: The reason John is talking about hands and foreheads is because of this:

Ex 13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD’S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt. 10 Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year.
Ex 13:16 And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes: for by strength of hand the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt.

This is the Passover covenant, and this "sign" was saying "The Lord brought me out of Egypt"; this is what Jesus did- a spiritual Exodus, and He became the Passover sign of the Christians who now say "saved me from bondage to sin and death" correlate

Here at Rev you see a false prophet and people receiving his mark. Now, there is only one man in scripture, and only one name in scripture that has the counted number of 666- and that name is ADONIKAM (ezra 2) which means MY RISEN LORD;

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, or if ye receive another spirit, or another gospel

So you can receive another Jesus, another spirit, another gospel. And Jesus is what?

1Co 5:7 For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Jesus is the Passover covenant; the Passover sign on the hand and forehead of every Christian signifying "the Lord brought us out of Egypt"; but here comes this false Jesus: what happens at Sinai:

Ex 32:4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
Ex 32:8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

Now these people are saying "Here's our gods which brought us out of Egypt!" and worshipping them. They're receiving another god as the Passover sign, on the hand and forehead. Then Moses comes down and is like "What are you people doing?" And this will happen again:

1Ki 12:28 Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

Before the TRUE Christ returns, same thing. False gods; "behold your gods which brought you out of Egypt!" "Hey look everyone, it's Jesus!" Every Christian which worships him is saying "It's the Lord who brought me out of Egypt!", receiving him in the place of the TRUE Christ, receiving him as the Passover. EPIC FAIL was invented for this time.

This will begin in the 10th day of the 10th month Levitical calendar (Dec/Jan Gregorian), and this false Jesus is "the abomination causing desolation", the "great and terrible image", the "destroyer of nations", the "king of confusion".

Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels (notice the "beguiling"- as in "serpent"?)
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus
De 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes, and when thou seest all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them
Ps 78:49 He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.
Re 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea!

Be prepared for an angelic invasion, lead by a liar claiming to be "Jesus"- he's launching his attack on the 10th day of the 10th month- receive him as he who "brought you out of bondage" and you got his mark.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Also look:

Re 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not:

Rev 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not:

Now why do you think John goes out of his way to TWICE tell you about how he "fell down to worship the angel" and the angel says SEE THOU DO IT NOT! Wouldn't you think John, when writing, would just be like "okay let's skip that little detail there" unless he's trying to tell you something important?

Read those two passages, and understand after each "see thou do it not" John and the angel turn and wink at you "yeah yeah? get it?"

edit: look, watch this video, it's not long and it is an analogue: this is the bride, the elect and the false prophet (this whole series is an analogue of these things but this one is the focal point of the series):

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-11-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

Dump the gematria.

Wish I could take credit for it. There was a sort of an offbeat church in Huntsville we used to go to, the minister was big on you learning to read Koine and conducted the service out of a Greek New Testament. It's all his.

The tefillin is a demonstration to the world that you carry the word of God in your hands (deeds) and in your mind (thoughts). It's bound to your forehead and right hand, and contains within it a verse from the Torah. The description of the "mark" is that it's also in your right hand and forehead. That's because the author is using the literal description of the tefillin to describe the mark.

Charagma has a LOT of meanings, depending on context. It CAN mean a tattoo, or a physical mark, but it also means a contract, a vow, a pledge. In the context of the tefillin, charagma means that you have given your mind and deeds to the service of the Beast, in a knowing fashion. It does not mean an RFID, or credit card, or whatnot. It has to be done willingly.
[/quote

Well thanks for bringing it to my attention, take credit for that

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

Dear MrCobb,

Yes, we are not to worship angels, fallen or not, we are to love God with all our heart and manage angels, be over them. Peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I did a thread on the Mark in my own series on Revelation.
The key point is that it is a sign of loyalty to the Beast, which God recognises and punishes as disloyalty to himself.
Now if people are "tricked" into accepting something (like an RFID chip), and they don't know what it is, or if it is something that happens automatically (like being human), that hardly works as a sign of loyalty. So these things cannot be the Mark.

Since the Mark cannot appear until the Beast appears, there is no point in looking for it until you are sure about the arrival of the Beast. So I suggested doing it the other way round.

The Mark of the Beast is that symbol or set of symbols which indicates a voluntary and conscious loyalty to the Beast and/or that world leader openly claiming to be the returned Christ...

Based on my previous definition, I'm going to offer this two-step method of identifying the Mark.
Step 1; Look around the world, and identify a world-leader openly claiming to be the returned Christ. That is the Beast,or one of them.
Step 2; Note what symbol he is using to identify those who accept his claim. That is the Mark.
If the steps are carried out in that order, and the second step is not even attempted until the first step has been sucessfully completed, then the method is infallible.

Revelation; The Mark of the Beast

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The pope has a name Vicarius Filii Dei and that name equals 666 , The mark of of the beast or the seal of god is in your forehead and in your hand its your beliefs and ways ,

The part in the bible were it says you will not be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast could be not keeping the sabbath day ,keeping the sabbath is in the ten commandments , it was the catholic church that changed the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

if you are lucky enough to be in a job and working and you told your boss you will not work on Saturday because it is the sabbath you would more often then not lose your job so then you can not buy or sell ,
This of coarse is just another theory on the mark of the beast but it does fit and it is all in the bible

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It was mentioned that you will not be able to buy or sell without the mark.....it has to be voluntary....

WHAT IF??? it WAS indeed a micro chip implanted into your hand...if it is the new currency, people will line up voluntarily to get it as this is how they will survive and purchase goods / resources.

Great!!! Now my brain is all worked up and going a mile a minute

Interesting thread. I like it!!

S+F

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

You've broken through my usual wall of reserve on this particular topic.
I have long-since believed that this is one of the things that will truly remain a mystery until, and only when, divine understanding is imparted. Until then, any interpretation can only be pure speculation, at best.

One of my personal speculations was that the mark would somehow entail genetic manipulation also. A few of my reasonings behind that personal conclusion was that we are told that men will seek death, and not find it; and we are told that only those who receive the mark will join the Enemy and his cohorts in eternal punishment.
From what I understand at this point in my spiritual endeavor, all other souls who have not taken the mark but have also not chosen redemption, thus unable to partake of eternal life which is only given by and through Christ, will die the second death at the Great Judgment and be what the Bible refers to as "no more."
All those who receive the mark will have somehow chosen counterfeit "everlasting life" through the Enemy, thus will have made a second death into sentient oblivion not possible. Therefore, the only place for them is in the eternal place of the Enemy.

Like I said, this is simply my personal musings on the matter at this point. I find your post reasonable and sense enough Truth in it to further explore. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

Very cool post. I like your connection of Passover to the mark. For all the people that say that the chip is not the mark, I can only point them to "PositivID begins taking orders for the iglucose chip" here:
globenewswire.com...
And of course, they started selling the chip on 4-11-12, right in the middle of Passover. The makers of the chip know that they are providing the mark.

As to the rest of your post:

Another interesting connection is the mark being taken as a symbol of being rescued from Babylon/ Egypt/ enslavement - which is really what the "rapture" is - "given wings" to escape enslavement from Babylon. Looking at Rev. 14:6-11, we know that Babylon falls multiple times (at least twice - once at the very end and one fall before the mark is offered. The angels declare Babylon is fallen, is fallen, then they say don't take the mark of the beast. So, instead of freeing themselves, people go "back to Egypt"/ enslavement/ take the mark.

God destroys Babylon, God brings the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt, then Aaron, the brother of Moses, the false prophet that offers up the golden calf to the masses (said to be the god that brought them out of Egypt - a lie about who delivered them). In our current situation, God will destroy Babylon (our current evil enslavement) and a false prophet will lie about who delivered us and offer the mark - imo, they are setting up that God is "an alien on Mars". Lemme back up a second...

Basically, the Illuminati, who are replicating/ fulfilling prophecies, are divided into 2 camps, white and black magic, one pretending to be God, the other pretending to be Satan. The white magic group makes up God as an alien on Mars. Check out my "martian idols and rituals" thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com... The black forms the antagonist to the white - both sides of which are blasphemous.

So, using Ezekiel 17 as our template, "God" (an "alien from Mars") comes down 12-21-12 because Israel has "broken the covenant with the king of the North/ Babylon (which God wants) by making a covenant with the King of the South". In other words, Israel made a covenant with the EU on 6-11-9, (11-6-9 in EU format, 3rd one down) ec.europa.eu...
12-21-12 is the 1290th day (Dan 12:11's sudden destruction day) from 6-11-9. Ezekiel 17 (historically speaking) says that the King of the North sets up a puppet prince in Israel. This prince makes a covenant with the King of Babylon/ North and in the middle of the week/ 7 years breaks the covenant to make a covenant with Death and Hades, the king of the South who will "protect him" from the king of the North (Israel doesn't want to serve Babylon and knows that they will suffer his wrath by not serving him, so they try to cut a deal with Pharaoh for help.).

Back to current day, Israel made a covenant with the King of the North/ the EU with classified security info (check out the treaty) in 2009, In the middle of the week, 3.5 years later, meaning very shortly, Israel makes a covenant with the King of the South, the Muslim Brotherhood! Well, the EU is not going to be happy with this situation and neither is "God" (the "Martian invader UFO's") which is why both attack. The EU/ king of the North/ maybe the UN places the abomination of desolation in response to "religious extremism" - no religion allowed. The covenant that Israel made with the King of the South/ the covenant with Death and Hades is annulled by God (Isaiah 28:15) in 2016 when the 3rd Temple is started on 12-24-16, Hanukah and Christmas.

2300 days for the 3rd Temple to be sanctified (Dan 8:14) from 12-24-16 would be 4-29-23, the last day of Passover 2023. 7 solar years prior is also the last day of Passover, 4-29-16. The 2520th day (2 sets of 1260 days) before 4-29-23 is 6-4-16 - which is the 1261st day after 12-21-12.

Basically, it is 2 sets of 7 years. 2009 -16 is the arrival of the prince of the covenant messiah (in a Jewish sense, the one to give them the 3rd Temple.) Once the 3rd temple has arrived, another 7 year covenant is started and the pattern repeats: the king of the North/ Babylon installs a prince for Israel/ starting the 3rd temple. In the middle of the 7 yrs, this prince breaks the treaty on 11-16-19 by making a treaty with a king of the south. In response to this, the king of babylon installs the Abomination of Desolation and starts oppressing the saints (again) and then Christ will return.

But back to the mark, after Babylon has fallen, 12-21-12, "God"/ the "Martian ufo's" who are the "real liberators" are lied about and a fake "liberator" is given to us, the mark of this fake god given to us.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam. The description of the "mark" is that it's also in your right hand and forehead. That's because the author is using the literal description of the tefillin to describe the mark.

could one compare the recent voting for President with the traits of 'Charagma'...

in that many were deluded into giving their hearts & minds & voting action over to a promise of CHANGE & going FORWARD.

i think we will look back at last Nov 6th as something surrealistic....
zombie voting ?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

6 x 6 x 6 = 216 = 9

6 + 6 + 6 = 18 = 9

There's a few ways we can look at 9. In some documentarys they've eluded to looking for 9. Either 9 people, 3 people that represent 9, or 1 person who represents 9.

In either case 9 has to be found in order to activate the crystal skulls. Those people or person is chosen to recieve all the information that will be given to them. As the crystal skulls work as a hard drive with vast amounts of information in them.

9 is also when the "gods" left. 9 is also 2012 does that mean the "gods" return.

I have a theory that 9 represents chaos. So how does it apply? 9 when they left would have been chaotic because how do we go on how do we live without those who have been with us for so long. Imagine a mother bird flying and never coming home to the baby birds who are "thought" to be ready to fly.

We've lived so long without them that it'd be chaos for them to return. OMG were being invaded. Everyone get in your let's go crazy pose. You get the idea.

If we want to look at the mark of the beast from the classic look. Right hand and all that. Think Godzilla vs Mecha-Godzilla. Or think Man vs Terminator.

Our universe is a biological computer the only thing that rivals it is the technological computer. Therefore the mark of the beast meaning the replicate of the beast that everyone will be forced to have supposively is technology. To be more specific with the right hand. How many left handed mice have you ever seen?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCobb

Because I was going off non bible quotes and then looking at your post all I can think about is the third eye. Asian belief systems.

Which makes since when you think of Asian era 5. Hesia, Hera 5.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
you mean what was the mark

it was a tattoo you needed to do business and pay taxes, like a tax ID number

and the beast was nero

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well when you pair 666 with the pythagorean theorem or 3-4-5 you get an interesting number.
6x3 = 18
6x4 = 24
6x5 = 30 +
----------------

72 is the Egyptian calculation for the movement of the zodiac in the heavens, or the zodiac moves 1 degree for every 72 years in a 360 degree circle, yielding the Earth's precessional rotation of 25920 years. Dividing that by 5 and you get 5184 years. Now, like the Mayan calendar this number starts off from 3114 BC, and the current modern end date for their calendar would be the year 2070.

For Mayan calendar fans, you notice the disparity right away. The Mayan calendar is right around 5125 years. It happens by accident I square rooted 5125 and I got 71.589, which is very close to 72 years. So I squared 72 and got 5184. So thats the cheap math for figuring the one fifth period of the Earth's precessional period. The Mayan calculation is close to NASA's estimate because they must have determined the Earth's orbit was more of an ellipse rather than a perfect circle as found with the Egyptian calculation.

So the sign of the beast, or the beast itself, may not show up until 2070. But thats 58 years for technology to advance enough to cater to some of the wilder ideas out there concerning this particular prophecy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join