Why do we have to use FaceBook to get access to ATS TLDR?

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm not going to rant because I've done too much of that recently.

Many of us don't like or use FB for varying reasons. Most of all, we don't trust it whatsoever. ATS knows this as there are a myriad of threads on that very topic.

So why can't we have access without going to FB? What's up? Why do I have to go to FB to "Like" something from ATS?

Very Disappointing IMO.

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You don't. SkepticOverlord added a direct link to the plugin here.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You don't. SkepticOverlord added a direct link to the plugin here.

Ok, thanks for that.

Glad I didn't rant...

Peace

Wait, I'm back...

Only Chrome users?

edit on 13-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Did you know Ats uses the same trackers as facebook? ATS installs cookies on your computer that track your internet use habits. they then sell that information to 2rd party companies just like facebook.
right now I see google+1, quantcast, gorilla nation and google analytic are currently trying to plug in to my pc.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Did you know Ats uses the same trackers as facebook? ATS installs cookies on your computer that track your internet use habits. they then sell that information to 2rd party companies just like facebook.
right now I see google+1, quantcast, gorilla nation and google analytic are currently trying to plug in to my pc.

I knew about Analytic as I've used it on my own sites to track visits.

Never knew the rest but to me FB is just really a 4 letter word...

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Just a beta, maybe they have only released it for chrome?? I am not sure... I would like a Safari extension tbh

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by jude11

Just a beta, maybe they have only released it for chrome?? I am not sure... I would like a Safari extension tbh

FireFox for me please!

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by jude11

FireFox for me please!

Peace

Ubuntu
thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

I see this kind of talk a lot and believe it for the most part, but who are they selling our info to?

I've been on ATS for almost 2 years and my gf has been on FB since forever, and we get zero phone calls, paper mail or email, salesmen, or anything related to the places we traverse online while ATS and FB remain open on the browsers.

If they are selling our information, it can't be to any company that makes a profit because no one has tried selling us anything from our online related activity, unless we requested to be on the emailing lists. I do get Gmail hacker attempts from China from time to time though.

Regardless, I think we'd all prefer to not be "tracked".

edit on 13-11-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I just checked the front page of ATS and got a total of 72 trackers! 72!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

I know who's doing what, but ads are just ads, who really buys into them in 2012? Grandma? QVC has the market on grandma dominated, and most of them aren't even online.

Free online game sites seem to do best with that demographic, but folks on ATS I think know better. Facebook is the online equivalent of QVC. There's a very low percentage of ATS users who are active & unaware FB members.

It's a waste of money frankly, the number of users who actually click on those ads is so insignificant, it isn't worth any company's time or effort IMHO. My conspiracy driven mind tends to think there's something more to it than just simple 3rd party financing agendas.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I know, but my point is they ATS is the same and people don't even realize it.

top topics

join