It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Monumental Is Going To Happen

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I am not going to argue the points you made. You make some sweeping generalizations based off of your limited perspective. You also make many assumptions about myself and others "intentions". It would be redundant to point them all out here.

Best wishes to ya

Namaste

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

In other words you have nothing to add to the discussion other than some vague suggestions that you might, but won't.

Hmmm. What is being discussed is confirmation bias. It is common among the woo-woos. It is dismiss the misses and proclaim hits as overwhelming evidence.

In the case of RV the military does NOT use that anymore since they labeled it as useless. The government says it is worthless.

I could repeat what I wrote before, but you know it's correct. Otherwise something would have been posted other than innuendo.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

In other words you have nothing to add to the discussion other than some vague suggestions that you might, but won't.

Not really.

All I have is personal experience not something I "read" online. Nor something I can provide a link to you for, and you have proven you are a man of faith, my personal experiences will mean nothing to you.

I submit

You clearly know more about the shadows than I do.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

Personal experience is important, but you have to balance that across the experiences of others. I'm not reading things online and taking them hook, line, and sinker as so many do.

You have to apply some sort of rational approach to the things you read or experience. Let's take a simple example. I see a bird fly away from me. The view is fleeting, but I get a sense that the bird is robin sized. It seemed like weak flight. The flight was stroke, stroke, glide, stroke, stroke, glide.

At this point do I begin by assuming that I have just seen a martian or new species or evidence of interdimensional travel? No, I begin by trying to figure out which known species match the things I thought I saw. I am assuming that due to the fleeting nature of the observation I might be wrong about some of the characteristics. If this happens many, many times I do not apply residualization and jump to the absurd conclusion that somewhere in that large mass of viewings there is something extraordinary.

But when it comes to psi or whatever people want to call it they begin by assuming that something marvelous has happened or that the huge pile of so-called evidence can't be all wrong. Well, it is. Just as I can mistakenly think I observed an accipiter so can a person think that they had a real psi event.

Question things, but don't scoff.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Vkey08 the notion that we use only 10% or whatever of our brain is false. Here is a link to the issue. I do want to point out that this has nothing to do with anything else you mention in your post.
faculty.washington.edu...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

To analyze statements and check facts is not being negative. It is avoiding being gullible.

I KNOW that we are not alone...and so do you, you have a thick viel over you because your frequency is so low so you have no comprehension that anything else exists..

That has nothing whatsoever to do with the issue at hand. The questions is whether or not some of the claims made in this thread are correct. Often parts or the entire issue can be checked.

For example, a comment was made about people only using 10% of the brains. That is completely false. It is often used by those pushing fringe concepts, but it is completely wrong.

This notion of vibrations is a long standing baloney story told by those that have no idea what that means. The story is told with hand waving and the introduction of irrelevant material about something or other that vaguely sounds scientific to the untrained ear.

Is there anything to the claims of 2012? Nothing at all except the movement of cash from the gullible to the frauds, charlatans, and hoaxers who are smiling all of the way to the bank.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

To analyze statements and check facts is not being negative. It is avoiding being gullible.

I KNOW that we are not alone...and so do you, you have a thick viel over you because your frequency is so low so you have no comprehension that anything else exists..

That has nothing whatsoever to do with the issue at hand. The questions is whether or not some of the claims made in this thread are correct. Often parts or the entire issue can be checked.

For example, a comment was made about people only using 10% of the brains. That is completely false. It is often used by those pushing fringe concepts, but it is completely wrong.

This notion of vibrations is a long standing baloney story told by those that have no idea what that means. The story is told with hand waving and the introduction of irrelevant material about something or other that vaguely sounds scientific to the untrained ear.

Is there anything to the claims of 2012? Nothing at all except the movement of cash from the gullible to the frauds, charlatans, and hoaxers who are smiling all of the way to the bank.

ok Stereo...bro

knowing we are not alone is a huge step

lol, it goes above any thread on the internet

i agree we use more than 10% of our brains
, i hear you ...i'm into facts too, but facts change as we rise in cosnsiousness, like the world is round and whatnot...lol

everything is energ, frequency, consciousness..

2012..in my opinion is the dawning of the golden age, it will be different for everyone, but one thing for sure is lots of energy will be flowing to this planet, the veil will thin......"there are two paths you can go on" led zep/stairway....lol

love or fear...

change is happening all around, will you be able to change Stereo?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

Vkey08 the notion that we use only 10% or whatever of our brain is false. Here is a link to the issue. I do want to point out that this has nothing to do with anything else you mention in your post.
faculty.washington.edu...

I know technically we use it all Stereo,if we didn't we'd be dead, as various parts of the brain control various functions etc etc. , it's more of a comment on the fact that we understand so little about how we function, even with everything we know. 150 years ago, noone would have thought that the brain was electrical in nature, as we get better and better technology and are able to research further, we are finding that we don't know as much as we thought we did. So who knows, there may be a portion of the brain, properly stimulated that could cause a psychic type phenomenon, or a limited form of telepathic communication, we simply don't have all the answers yet..

That's what I mean when I use that statement... You should know me a little better than that by now

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

knowing we are not alone is a huge step

lol, it goes above any thread on the internet

i agree we use more than 10% of our brains , i hear you ...i'm into facts too, but facts change as we rise in cosnsiousness, like the world is round and whatnot...lol

everything is energ, frequency, consciousness..

2012..in my opinion is the dawning of the golden age, it will be different for everyone, but one thing for sure is lots of energy will be flowing to this planet, the veil will thin......"there are two paths you can go on" led zep/stairway....lol

love or fear...

change is happening all around, will you be able to change Stereo?

Knowing would be a big difference, but to date there is only faith that we are not alone. It is wishful thinking only, not knowing.

This idea that there is change afoot is true only in the sense that things change all of the time. There is no coming golden age or any of that other hooey begin thrown out by the people robbing the gullible.

Change is what happens and has been happening for all of the time there has been a universe.

There is no magical energy flowing to our planet, nor is there any magical energy on its way. Everything is not frequency. That's one of the older claims from the woo woo clan going back to the days of the mediums, aka channelers. Frequency and the other nonsense claims are just wishy washy terms when used by hucksters to pretend they are scientific in some way. Energy, frequencies, harmonics, etc. are just words used to pretend legitimacy. At least they dropped ectoplasm.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I should have known better, but it is a pervasive myth that had me snooker till about a decade ago.

Are you aware that parts of the brain can be stimulated to give people a deep religious experience?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

there is magical energy flowing to this planet...

the Schumann resonances are rising...i could research facts all day, but lol...i'd rather do otherthings

have you ever pretended as a child? did you ever have imaginary friends, but were actuallly angels/spirit guides?
do you dream?

these are all proof of what is beyond the normal Human senses....

trust me bro, life is EPIC!

way more epic than what you can precieve right now...

you should look into people who have died and come back...

allow yourself to believe others, use your intuition...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

I should have known better, but it is a pervasive myth that had me snooker till about a decade ago.

Are you aware that parts of the brain can be stimulated to give people a deep religious experience?

I had heard something about that but haven't really looked into it
maybe i shall now.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Personal experience is important, but you have to balance that across the experiences of others. I'm not reading things online and taking them hook, line, and sinker as so many do.

You are assuming "I" or "others" take everything we read online with a hook, line, and sinker.

You are projecting your "views" onto others,

I for one did not have the internet nor had I even heard of certain experience until after the experiences.

In this way I am able to read anything I want and filter it through my experiences and take what "feels" right. Anyone can do the same thing without having any personal experience with the subject matter, but when you have had personal experience it helps.

Of course one should maintain a balance as we should with anything, Subjectivity/Objectivity is important, but a point will be reached that no matter what "another" says your subjectivity knows better.

Namaste

edit on 28-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

there is magical energy flowing to this planet...

the Schumann resonances are rising...i could research facts all day, but lol...i'd rather do otherthings

have you ever pretended as a child? did you ever have imaginary friends, but were actuallly angels/spirit guides?
do you dream?

these are all proof of what is beyond the normal Human senses....

trust me bro, life is EPIC!

way more epic than what you can precieve right now...

you should look into people who have died and come back...

allow yourself to believe others, use your intuition...

LOL, magical energy? How ridiculous!

The Schumann resonances are not rising. Another falsehood.

What we do as children is irrelevant. The only ones pretending now are those making false claims about magic and angels and other make believe.

Hucksters and con artists make vague claims about life being more than we realize. This is their introduction into whatever silly idea they want to use to dip into the wallets of the gullible audience. They say worthless junk like follow your instincts and use your intuition.

What the person is actually doing is to beg the audience to turn off their thinking and be led around by a ring in the nose to the abattoir where their wallet is eviscerated. It reminds me of the cartoon where the cattle are lined up for the slaughterhouse and one of the cattle says to one out of line, "Hey buddy, no cutting in line." The gullible fight to be fleeced first.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

so ...you come to my thread to speak negative of my way of being or anyone like me...

there is probably no way to prove anything metaphysical to you, because you seem set in your ways..

so what is your purpose?

to bring negativty to the thread?

you can't debunk me, i know what i know...

so your talk while may frustrate me will not bring me down....

i just don't see your point.....you want me to think the way you do?

it's not going to happen...

so from now on, say your thoughts on the subject and move on, i would ask you to not argue so much, it is not getting anywhere...

do you notice this?

how about you make a thread Stereo?

on topic= i feel that 2012 is very positive, it is the beginning of a new era, i can feel it...you can too if you relax and allow, spend most of your "time" out in nature, it will come back to you..

i will share some links as i find them to help...

once again love is the key...

just love..

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Keep it clean folks and on topic. Just a gentle reminder

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The eagle has landed!

What a beautiful bird

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

so ...you come to my thread to speak negative of my way of being or anyone like me

Trust me I feel your frustration.

What helps me is trying to remember folks that "that" actually provide me with a catalyst/opportunity to test my "faith" in my current belief, or whatever resonates as truth to me.

So really (as hard as it might be) we should be thanking Stereo for his exchange here. Look it as "you" testing your belief, whatever that "belief" may be.

His posts will either sway your current views, or help you/me have less self doubt in what we believe.

Namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join