It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uhh, help. My state is breaking off with other state away from the USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
ppl tend to forget that the original states were FIRST, individual nations.
perhaps reinforcing their sovereignty has become necessary.

try to remember, during the days of the CW, information was seriously restricted ... that's not so, today.
back then, ppl were easily manipulated with lack of information (kinda still a problem today even with all the information that's readily available)

back then, there were corrections that needed to be made ... today, we have similar situations.
i would like nothing more than a peaceful resolution, however, history proves this unlikely.

i'm not sure why you'd title this thread as you did, you'll stand where you do, regardless the ground beneath your feet.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You realize there were petitions for secession in 2004 and 2008 as well, yes?? No civil war yet.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
You really shouldn't worry about it. It's not going to happen. It's a pipe dream of a few nutty people who actually think that the federal government will let go of their 50 slave economies.

At this point in Texas, 91,936 nutty people.

Just a few.

Don't worry. Go back to sleep.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Don't trip. All those people that signed those petitions are now targets of the NDAA. They are all going to be rounded up and won't bother any of us anymore.

Yeah, I kind of that the petitions were made by White House stooges to flush us out. We're all on a list now.

Just like in 1776. "Cept back then the list included names like Jefferson, Washington, Franklin, Hamilton...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Look at who is governing your state. If your state is 100% republican (flyover states) they will be quick to refuse federal welfare funds.

If you're illegal, criminal, or life-long dependent and family dependent on "welfare" - move out to Illinois, California, Conn., or some other liberal bastion - because civil war, or something akin to it is coming.

People are sick and tired of having their hard earned "wealth" redistributed.

Look to abortion being illegal, and capital punishment for pedophiles being legalized in conservative states. If you feel differently, move to a "liberal" state.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's silly. They're just making a statement. Texas, for example. Don't they have some serious ports? And aren't they big on the military? What would they do if they seceded?

PR campaign is what I see.

They're almost certain to get a republican president in the whitehouse come 2016, so...

There's that new Bush kid. What's he? 36? He's almost of age to try for President, but I doubt he'd try that so early. They got options. People will get tired of the democrats.

It's interesting to watch. This nation is split according to the popular vote in the presidential election. Feels to me like there's a lot of uncertainty about which party can best lead the nation.
edit on 14-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Oh, I see... You are some kind of patriot or something....

Not down with being a republic and all...right?

I guess majority rules only if you are the majority?

Do you not get you are fighting the wrong enemy? No you don't. You are a victim of divide and conquer. You are so dense that you cannot see how you are being manipulated to HATE. It makes you feel better to have others to abhor and look down upon. You are a sucker. They look at you and laugh. They say to themselves, "Check this idiot out, he is hating on his brother, even tried to run him down with his car!!! LOL these people are so easy. It is great when you own the media and can dupe these ignorant suckers. Ha ha ha. Hey, pass the caviar."

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

The Declaration of Independence is not law, but rather a well written statement given the times...

It put King George on notice.

But the Constitution is law. And nowhere does it say that states can secede.

It does however give them rights to govern themselves locally.

edit on 14-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The choice boils down to this, and history has repeated itself, even in the Book of Mormon.

Freemen or Kingmen? Your choice.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It's a joke, politically, legally, in every sense, it's a joke, no need to worry, your state is breaking away as seriously as california is breaking away into it's own island making arizona beach front property

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by davjan4

Look at who is governing your state. If your state is 100% republican (flyover states) they will be quick to refuse federal welfare funds.

If you're illegal, criminal, or life-long dependent and family dependent on "welfare" - move out to Illinois, California, Conn., or some other liberal bastion - because civil war, or something akin to it is coming.

People are sick and tired of having their hard earned "wealth" redistributed.

Look to abortion being illegal, and capital punishment for pedophiles being legalized in conservative states. If you feel differently, move to a "liberal" state.

Yes given from what i gather, the red states are some of the most heavily populated with welfare users of all of em
Then again if the red states all left the 'union' the economy of what would be left of America would suddenly become alot better given the taxes used to pay for the welfare of all those Red State welfare users suddenly becomes free for other uses...

As a non American, the thought of one day having to deal with lots of various flavored mini Americas is frightening... But from what I gather it will never happen.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Hopefully your not losing much sleep over this because it's simply not going to happen.Don't we have bigger concerns on our plate at the moment.

If any part of this story is to be considered worthy of concern, it would be...WHY HAS THE MEDIA DECIDED TO TAKE THIS STORY AND RUN WITH IT??? Mean while there's little mention of the slow moving utilities companies inability to get their customers electricity up for weeks, and in some cases saying it may be after Thanksgiving before...?

dX
edit on 14-11-2012 by HumanoidX because: typo

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Quibbling, in my view - I'm pretty sure England likely also had a law against secession - incredibly shortsighted of them if not. Regardless, the principle of secession is clearly ingrained in US history and consciousness, and it is only proper that as such, the right to peacefully secede be recognized. ESPECIALLY in such case as the government breaks its contract (the constitution) with the states and begins acting in ways that we originally severed from England as a result of.

I know ultimately it would come down to who wins the fight if it ended up at blows with a group trying to secede, but I can see no valid defense for the anti-secession view in light of our own history. To feel that civil war is necessary to prevent a severing of the union means there is no union anyway, and I don't feel citizen should ever have to slaughter citizen merely because some of them no longer wish to be a part of the US. I feel it to be a betrayal of the most unAmerican sort.

But, I can see the argument both logically and historically for the opposing view - I just find it highly distasteful. Thanks for your thoughts and input.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
just an update -- ALL 50 states now have active petitions on file and 10% of those have greater then 25,000 signatures. something tells me this is a bit more than symbolic.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Praetorius

The Declaration of Independence is not law, but rather a well written statement given the times...

It put King George on notice.

But the Constitution is law. And nowhere does it say that states can secede.

It does however give them rights to govern themselves locally.

edit on 14-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)
TDawg, if you still believe the bold part, it is no wonder you are so confused.

the Constitution is not law, never has been and was never intended to be.
it is an outline of operations, it is a guarantee of rights, it is a compact, a contract, an agreement, not law.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Aren't you talking about the Bill of Rights?

What about the Constitutional Amendments?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
As I was surfing the web, I came across that states want to break away.

Everyone knows this, but what if you found out that your state is in the deal as well?

That is how I feel, I feel like "WHAT!?"

A video from KSL.com

If this happens, then in my opinion, civil war II will inevitably come.

Thoughts?

Exactly what are you afraid of?

Lets say this actually happens. Your state government would have happened to have contingency plans in place to take up the slack for all federal government resources they no longer are getting. Smaller government, smaller intrusion into your private life. So far, you have offered no justification why you have to fear something like this.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Honor93

Aren't you talking about the Bill of Rights?

What about the Constitutional Amendments?

well yes, you cannot discuss the Constitution without the Bill of Rights.
while the BoR stands independent of the Constitution, the Constitution does not stand independent of the BoR.

what about the Amendments ??
are they laws ? - no
have they changed over the years ? - yes
are they permanent once ratified ? - no
please ask a more specific question.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
well yes, you cannot discuss the Constitution without the Bill of Rights.
while the BoR stands independent of the Constitution, the Constitution does not stand independent of the BoR.

what about the Amendments ??
are they laws ? - no
have they changed over the years ? - yes
are they permanent once ratified ? - no
please ask a more specific question.

Hmmm, So the amendments are the not law, but the basis for law?

I know that they can be changed.

But if they are not law, why do we see people in court all the time citing a violation of free speech?

Or using the fifth in a attempt to protect themselves or others?

These cases reach the SCOTUS quite often. Such as McDonald v. Chicago, which involved the 2d Amendment.

When I see such cases being addressed, I will admit that I see the issue as both about rights and law.

Intertwined, yet seperate? Is that what you are saying?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Do not get worked up over this, it is all just smoke, for their boy Mit lost, so they have to have a little fit.
To bad they can not except the fact that Dems won and the Rep lost, look at the house they still hold up there, but they did lose the Sen, could it be an other do nothing Con?, for one will not bend to the other?

I do feel that if this keeps up, they will bring on all the doom and gloom predicted here, 12 21 12, NDAA FEMA camps,ect ect for they could be bringing on their own end, self for filled prophecy.

I do not know the count but by years end they could exceed 10mil, just a drop in the bucket.

They will still be out numbered, 10 to 1.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join