It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uhh, help. My state is breaking off with other state away from the USA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As I was surfing the web, I came across that states want to break away.

Everyone knows this, but what if you found out that your state is in the deal as well?

That is how I feel, I feel like "WHAT!?"

A video from KSL.com

If this happens, then in my opinion, civil war II will inevitably come.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You really shouldn't worry about it. It's not going to happen. It's a pipe dream of a few nutty people who actually think that the federal government will let go of their 50 slave economies.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Those are*civilian* petitions. NOT State petitions...you don't have anything to worry about.....

Des

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
As I was surfing the web, I came across that states want to break away.

Everyone knows this, but what if you found out that your state is in the deal as well?

That is how I feel, I feel like "WHAT!?"

A video from KSL.com

Thoughts?

Ummm, yep and I'm in one of those states, as well...feel I should move my A^#$ to stable possibly high ground somewhere in a cave very soon. Not looking forward to that with a teenaged girl. So NOT!!!

Oh well she'll have to suck it up and follow my lead whether she likes it or not.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Not gonna happen, too many people like suckling from the teet of a corrupt national government. Rest assured, things will go on as they always have.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Don't trip. All those people that signed those petitions are now targets of the NDAA. They are all going to be rounded up and won't bother any of us anymore.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Not gonna happen, but if it ever did, I'm sure your state wouldn't hold you hostage

link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
You really shouldn't worry about it. It's not going to happen. It's a pipe dream of a few nutty people who actually think that the federal government will let go of their 50 slave economies.

Yeah those nutbags may be gun toting nutbags, then you think we don't have to worry???
Really some called the patriots that started the last civil war some nutbags that were "Just civilians" that's why it's called a civil war.

link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

But what if it does?

True, the fed are too greedy to let go of the 50 states. But what if those 30 states really broke off and started their own dily-bob?

link   
History tends to repeat itself and the way this world has become it doesn't surprise me. My advice, don't pay attention anyone, go about your business and live your life, it's not like anything you say or do will make a dang bit difference anyway.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   

I'd say "Uhh...well, OK then. We can't do much worse, right?"

The US states were ideally to be vibrant and distinct states, sharing a few common interests and self-determining their outcomes otherwise. They have instead become overly homogenized serf states ruled by a far-removed and centralized controlling power. We are far from our roots and intended purpose.

I would very much like a chance to try the experiment in liberty we should have been. Even if we failed in it, it couldn't have been a much more spectacular failure than what we see now. Likely less debt and loss of liberty, regardless.

edit on 11/13/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There won't be a civil war because of secession this time.

How would the federal government justify a war against the people simply because a state (or states) wanted to exercise its right to leave the union?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

So what if it does?

You could always move to a state in the union.

And if a civil war ever came not going to turn out like the last one:

The only reason the North "won" was because they had an "industrial base".

Modern day everyone is in the same boat this nations so called assets all made in China.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
There won't be a civil war because of secession this time.

How would the federal government justify a war against the people simply because a state (or states) wanted to exercise its right to leave the union?

The same way it justified the war in that piss hole over there in the middle east.
Make the fake boogy man go after him, decimate him....move along.
edit on 13-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

IIRC..Texas is the only State that has a signed treaty, that allows them to break the treaty at will.....

Des

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
But doesn't it say that the Government is under the people and not over the people?

Because going off this saying "When the people fear the Government, it's tyranny. When the Government fears the people, it's freedom."

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

IIRC..Texas is the only State that has a signed treaty, that allows them to break the treaty at will.....

Des

If you think a treaty is necessary, then you need to go reflect on the Declaration that we submitted to England to sue for our own independence. An affront to God-given rights or other basic human dignities requires no treaty to allow a severance of ties.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

So therefore any other state declaring they want to secede is the new boggeyman..or at least their citizens are and then make one false move you will become the government target (or they'll purposefully make a target(False Flag)) and then boom....you have a civil war on your hands ladies and gents.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The voice of the people are starting to come out, people are tired of the BS... this is about the Constitution being turned inside out, NDAA, TSA, Homeland Security, Drones over America?, Government Corruption, etc; It's not about the election...Democrat or Republican nothing would have changed, it's the same BS and it's been that way for years. This is a result of people starting to wake up to what really going on within the system. They want REAL CHANGE, not a promise of change!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join