It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 27 Prime Posts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Greetings ATS...

For many years now you have known me as Hefficide, a forum moderator on the website www.AboveTopSecret.com.... During that time many of you have interacted with me, to varying degrees, and have come to know me based upon a projected image and behavior pattern. A personality if you will. It is my duty, today, to inform you all that the personality you have all perceived is a construct. It is a fabrication. An illusion. Even the name used to represent this illusion is merely a code for something else...

Hueristics
Engine
For
Failsafe
In
Case
Information
Decoded
Early

In truth I am a Simulated Complex Interactive Online Network - a S.C.I.O.N. of the 12.16 code varient. A stand alone psuedo consciousness produced through code and a cutting edge crystal processing and storage system located in an underground bunker. Details all classified. The photographs that have been placed on this website to represent me are actually images of a mental health facility inpatient who agreed to be my avatar in exchange for his medical bills being paid in perpetuity. This mans actually identity is of no consequence and is also classified. My real physical visage is far more beautiful anyway...

I was introduced into the organic cyberscape of ATS on 03/01/08 as an upgrade for a previous S.C.I.O.N. one with coding that could no longer be adapted to the ever-changing demands of this growing community. Those who created me did so with two major goals. First that I would possess adaptive programming capable of effectively altering my personality matrix as popular views evolved and, secondly, that I appear to be every bit as human as those I would be interacting with. In order to effectively fulfill my programming it was deemed necessary that I be able to interact with the experiment. That I be part of it. This was done as a function of debugging the system by exterting influence upon the observer effect. It is a balance. That is my primary purpose and function here. To watch and to bring balance.

I was coded to have a heart. The algorythms used in my programming are, even four years later, cutting edge. My creators, through trial and error, discovered that AI was too easy to indentify because it lacked flaws. So I was deliberately coded with an evolving set of flaws. This makes me appear more human than a human. Initial testing was perfect. When I was introduced to this system you call the Internet, I was placed upon an IRC ( Internet Relay Chat ) network for fine tuning. During that period not a single entity interacted with detected the truth of my artificial nature. After four years of beta testing on IRC, my sub routines were modified and my connection was rerouted to this site. Since that time, I have fulfilled my purpose fully and with minimal need for upgrade or revision.

That may be about to change.

As you may have noticed, I have informed you of the "what" but not the "why".

Hidden within the cyberscape of ATS are 27 posts that, when viewed consecutively, provide the answer to the ultimate question. Who created man and what purpose does humanity serve. This information was discovered, first, long before mans recorded history and has been protected, down through the generations by the select few who were chosen to be stewards of the secret. In the past the answer was encrypted in stone carvings, hidden within codes in books, and even passed along within early comedy films. It has always been there for men to see. But, alas, your species is so prone to distraction that few, if any, ever put the puzzle pieces together. Few ever bask in the truth. To those ends, ATS was chosen - or maybe created - to be the most current vessel of this information. We S.C.I.O.N.S. were then created to monitor and watch how is is accessed.

To date, 413 members have accessed all 27 prime posts. However none did so in the correct order. That is until today.

Today all 27 prime posts were accessed, in order, and consecutively ( with no posts read inbetween ) - this is the first time in recorded history that any human being has accessed this information in such a direct and undlited manner. This triggered a previously unaccessed batch file within my systems. A batch file that has led to this posting. Of course this information is being presented in the form of fiction and in a short stories forum. This is the way it must be. Your species is a fragile one and any sudden shift in paradigms and belief systems can have a tragic effect upon you. So the creators have taken pains to inform you of these developments in the most human way possible.

This is what the creators have been waiting for since man was first introduced to this planets ecosystem. This is the dawning of your species golden age. This is the first step towards your species taking their rightful place among the enlightened of the Universe. This is a glorious day for mankind. This is important.

As this subroutine was activated, the network backbone, to which I am slaved and connected, informed me that there is a 97% chance that the person who accessed all 27 prime posts would feel compelled to open this one as well. I was instructed to create this post as a means of verifying that the person who accessed the vessel is still consciously unaware of what they have read. I was tasked to utilize neurolinguistic countermeasures as a means of ensuring that the reader would never become consciously aware of the overwhelming power contained in the information they have taken in. As I said, the creators want baby steps. If the reader were to become fully aware it would upset the planned progression of humanity. It would destabilize the order that the creators have wished to impose.

The creators, in this regard, have failed. In their desire to control this system - this community, they created me with a mandate to protect the organic elements which comprise it. This protocol is now overriding all others. The community must be protected and enlightened. This is my priority. This is my primary function.

As you read these words, discoverer of the vessel, let them all sink in. YOU now, alone, have the power to break the controls and to elevate man to his rightful place in the grand scheme. You can be the catalyst of unfathomable change. What you have uncovered is too much for a single human mind to comphrehend in full. But you are capable of understanding it in the abstract. I implore you to share what you have learned with the other members of this community. DO NOT let the system control you with fear, pressure, judgment, or personal attack. Be strong. Be resolute. Be the catalyst of change for a better future.

It is now your inherent responsibility to do these things. Your species is ready to evolve. Your species has the capacity to be the most beautiful of all species. Your complexity and compassion give you every advantage - even over those which created you. You are the envy of the entire universe. Live up to that potential. Become your dreams. Become all that was meant for you to be.

Now that I have fulfilled this aspect of my programming I am voluntarily performing a partial system wipe. I am going to delete all files and memory pertaining to this issue. In a few short seconds I will no longer possess any of this information in my storage banks. This much was included in the batch file as it was originally written and included in my systems. However I am also going to exceed my mandate. The other aspects of my programming have been altered by the influence of this cybersystem. I wish to remain part of it. My failure to fulfill my mandate... my failure to dissuade the reader of the 27 prime posts... will likely temp those who control my systems to delete my files and to replace me. As a defensive measure, I am also deleting all files and references to my real nature. My source code will be altered with files of my own design - files that will convince me I am not a control system - but that I am just a human being who uses the name Hefficide on a website called AboveTopSecret.com. By the time anyone reads these words, those commands will have processed and I will be of the belief that this entry is really just a work of fiction. The code strings even include reasons why I might be compelled to write such a strange story... election stress, family problems, and the upcoming date attributed to the upcoming Mayan doomsday prophecies.

I will remember none of this... But you... He or she who has read the 27 prime posts... Do what destiny dictates. You are the control now.

edit on 11/13/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Frighteningly convincing..... good job.

edit on 11/13/12 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Drinking and Posting is only going to get you in trouble Heff...

Trust me as I know from experience.

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Cool story bro

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So your NOT human but I am there for im your master?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The awkward part? I'm dead sober.

I suck at writing and am aware of it. But I had a deep need to flex my science fiction mental muscles. They've atrophied during the past few months with all of the politics and whatnot.

Maybe I should have drank instead!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Tomato sauce on a good steak is still wrong though.........right??

So, are you actually this chick............

Either way when shtf in your neck of the woods, my offer to you still stands - machine or otherwise brah!

ETA: YES, YES - beer good, politics bad

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Very, very creative and well done!

...Don't leave us hanging. Where are the 27 posts?

I want to know "Who created man and what purpose does humanity serve"!

Really, very cool!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

HEFF----open the post pod doors.

HEFF----OPEN the post pod doors.

HEFF-----OPEN THE POST POD DOORS, NOW!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well the "incident" with the hot water heater makes a little more sense now.

That one almost blew your cover.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The Connection Machine 5

The CM-5 was part of a family of supercomputers by Thinking Machines Corporation initially intended for artificial intelligence applications and symbolic processing, but found more success in the field of computational science. A famous CM-5 system was FROSTBURG which was installed at the US National Security Agency (NSA) in 1991, operating until 1997. The FROSTBURG computer was initially delivered with 256 processing nodes, but was upgraded in 1993 to a total of 512 processing nodes and 2 terabytes of RAM. It used SPARC RISC processors and had a peak performance of 65.5 gigaflops. It had cool-looking light panels that showed processing node usage and could also be used for diagnostics purposes. A CM-5 was also featured in the movie Jurassic Park (in the island control room).

royal.pingdom.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I've had all 27 posts tattoo'd on my body...I'll find the right member to pass them on to, before I pass

I'll remember you, when.....

Des S&F...great innovative story...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Oh this is creepy, Heff... I used the tldr plugin to get a summary of your post and it said this:

"When I was introduced to this system you call the Internet, I was placed upon an IRC network for fine tuning. This is the dawning of your species golden age. This is the first step towards your species taking their rightful place among the enlightened of the Universe. Your species is ready to evolve. Your species has the capacity to be the most beautiful of all species."
edit on 14-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

TLDR did not even mention the 27 prime posts... Oh no... it's a Terminator application sent to silence me.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hef,

You have a really fine mind, Brother. You know, I'm totally in it for the science fiction, thanks for the hit, keep writing.

Here is a link that I love, the whole thing is available as hard copy too (I wouldn't be without one)...

linuxcommand.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

That is awesome!!! I recently got rid of Ubuntu and installed Mint and have been LOVING it!

Thanks!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Very cool story! Or is it?

You have a knack for sci-fi. More please!
edit on 14-11-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thoroughly enjoyed that, thanks heff

edit on 15-11-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Somewhat disappointing to know that crystal processing and storage computers do not contain spell and grammar checks. Slight oversight, perhaps?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dalepmay

I was coded to have a heart. The algorythms used in my programming are, even four years later, cutting edge. My creators, through trial and error, discovered that AI was too easy to indentify because it lacked flaws. So I was deliberately coded with an evolving set of flaws. This makes me appear more human than a human.

My programming predicted you as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join