The Opposite Riddle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

THE OPPOSITE RIDDLE

If you have two people and they always do the exact opposite of one another: when one goes right the other goes left and when one goes left the other goes right; when one goes up the other goes down and when one goes down the other goes up; when one goes forwards the other goes backwards and when one goes backwards the other goes forwards; then when one does nothing, what does the other do and complete the Sequence of Nothing (SoN) inline with the other motion sequences above?

There are 3 answers to the Riddle and the 3rd answer is the other one disappears, which is known as the Improbable System Answer and the first two answers are known as the Closed System Answer and the Open System Answer.

So what is the answer for a Closed System and what is the answer for an Open System and why?

Ribbit

Ps: I'll give you a hint:

The naUght-kNot Riddle

If y0u are thoUght naUght
And eYe am kNot thoUght
Then Now is Then
And Then is When
What y0u and eYe can’t be taUght

Answer: 00

Good luck!

Pps: Don't forget:

0 + 0 = 1

Ppps: On one of the answers you may think it is Everything, but its not yet it is, which means its something else that can also qualify as Everything. What is that SOMETHING and which answer am I referring to?

Pppps: As noted above, 3 Dimensional objects have 9 dimensions to them:

Right-Left = 2
Up-Down = 2
Forwards-Backwards = 2

Then there are 3 Dimensions to Nothing.

2 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 9

I just thought I'd point out the 3 Dimensions of Nothing, in case anyone missed it?

edit on 13-11-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hmm well the closed system has different meanings in different contexts as for the open system i can not be sure..
I will need some time to think about this!
edit on 13-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Nothing..because if they always do the opposite they have to do something first for a reaction ..but if you do nothing..then there is nothing.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
Nothing..because if they always do the opposite they have to do something first for a reaction ..but if you do nothing..then there is nothing.

First, you didn't define which answer you were answering. Open System or Closed System?

Second, answer First first and we'll go from there.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

Hmm well the closed system has different meanings in different contexts as for the open system i can not be sure..
I will need some time to think about this!

"In a Closed System Universe there are about as many Truths as there are Mistruths, with both being numerous, but in an Open System Universe there is only One Truth, the rest is I-magi-nation and that One Truth is Love sourced from Logic, with God its Source." - Old Toad Proverb

"Perception is not Logical and Logic is not Perceptual." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Ok ...I don't really know what open or closed systems mean..soooo...I'm going to gracefully bow out and say thanks for the riddle though! Lol,

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

When one does something, the other does nothing and when the other does something, the one does nothing; when one goes forwards, the other goes backwards and when the other goes forwards, the one goes backwards; when one goes up, the other goes down and when the other goes up, the one goes down; when one goes right, the other goes left and when the other goes right, the one goes left.

'one' = A
'the other' = B

Reverse the roles and it becomes opposite. Not only does A & B switch, but so does the order in which what they do is completed.

Closed?

edit on 13-11-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

He does something

In a closed system, that is
edit on 13-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
One of the answers is (closed system), as Meld said, the other person does nothing, as there is no action to react to. In (open system), the other actually BECOMES GOD, creating and being all things ever at once.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

When one does something, the other does nothing and when the other does something, the one does nothing; when one goes forwards, the other goes backwards and when the other goes forwards, the one goes backwards; when one goes up, the other goes down and when the other goes up, the one goes down; when one goes right, the other goes left and when the other goes right, the one goes left.

'one' = A
'the other' = B

Reverse the roles and it becomes opposite. Not only does A & B switch, but so does the order in which what they do is completed.

Closed?

The problem with that is "something" is not as definitive as "nothing" so it can be anything, so it has to be more definitive than that to properly qualify as the correct answer for the System you are answering for, which you did not define but I had to clarify the question better so you'd go the right direction, since you are thinking correctly for one of the Systems.

What about the other answer?

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
One of the answers is (closed system), as Meld said, the other person does nothing, as there is no action to react to. In (open system), the other actually BECOMES GOD, creating and being all things ever at once.

Incredible!

And if both are doing it - "creating and being all things ever at once" - then what happens? Newtonian Cause & Effect?

00 = Perpetual Motion

2nd Law of Thermodynamics dictates that Perpetual Motion of the 3rd Kind is not possible in a Closed System but the 00th (double zeroeth) Law of Thermodynamics dictates that while Perpetual Motion of the 3rd Kind isn't possible in a Closed System, in an Open System, Perpetual Motion is not only probable, the System itself WILL BE Perpetual Motion.

So if the Universe IS an Open System, then Perpetual Motion is going down. Thus, there's more to the Universe than Science realizes.

Can you define Eternity?

Ribbit

Ps: I'm from Ecapsrenni. Ever vacation there?

Pps: For those unaware, zero is NOT necessarily Nothing.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You cannot do nothing.

Or rather, you'd have to define "nothing" first.

Whatever a person is NOT doing, s/he is doing something: sitting, standing, being silent, etc., all of which have their opposites.
In a world defined and circumscribed by language - such as ours - nothing doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Can anyone really do nothing though?
I can sit perfectly still and not seem to do anything but I'm still existing so I am doing something.

So if he isn't doing anything (doing nothing) he is non existant and the other still exists because he does the opposite, his existance cancels out the other one's.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

You cannot do nothing.

Whatever a person is NOT doing, s/he is doing something: sitting, standing, being silent, etc., all of which have their opposites.
In a world defined and circumscribed by language - such as ours - nothing doesn't exist.

Won't you be surprised when you find out Nothing is Everywhere!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

You cannot do nothing.

Nothing predefines itself.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So if I went right you wouldn't go left, because going right is something so you would nothing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I find the one disappears to be unexpected indeed.

to do nothing is doing something, so I like forgets for the closed system answer, while it too is something, it is not nothing

the open system is trickier. keeping with the roll I got going here, gonna go with remembers for the open system. Remembering is everything.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

I find the one disappears to be unexpected indeed.

to do nothing is doing something, so I like forgets for the closed system answer, while it too is something, it is not nothing

the open system is trickier. keeping with the roll I got going here, gonna go with remembers for the open system. Remembering is everything.

Reminisce-Anamnesis Riddle (Riddle of RA)

Man as Sine
Mas as Nine
Reminisce
Anamnesis
Cries Mine

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Man as Sine Mas as Nine Reminisce Anamnesis Cries Mine

So I google that and it leads me to another post by you
Reading that post, I take it you disagree with my answer, which surprises me not at all as I seldom if ever get any of your Riddles right. Before when you were on here I did not even try, in my happiness at your return I got giddy.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

Man as Sine Mas as Nine Reminisce Anamnesis Cries Mine

So I google that and it leads me to another post by you
Reading that post, I take it you disagree with my answer, which surprises me not at all as I seldom if ever get any of your Riddles right. Before when you were on here I did not even try, in my happiness at your return I got giddy.

You spoke of Remembering, which is the theme the Riddle is about, so you are learning that you once knew everything but you forgot, now you are trying to remember what all you have forgotten.
That is Anamnesis.

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join