It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creaking noise while you are in bed trying to sleep

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I hear creaks occasionally in my home. Like many of you, I just attribute it to house settling sounds. There is one instance, though, that stands out from the rest. My wife, son and I arrived home around 8 PM one night about a year-and-a-half ago after visiting with family. My wife took our son inside while I went out to the street to check the mailbox. As I walked into the house, my wife was coming back out with our son saying she heard someone walking upstairs. They waited in the garage while I checked the house. I checked everywhere, but no one was there and nothing was out of place. My wife swears she heard footsteps and halfway joked that our house was haunted.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I hear these sounds every night when the TV is off. just it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. guess am kinda unscareable
don't we all see all the rage, anger, and murders on the world. nations is fighting. just open up your TV.
well, guess after all the stuff we saw and still seeing. few strange sounds cant even makes us raise an eyebrow.
I attribute the sounds to the refrigerator, or temperature going down so metal objects would be effected. or even portal being opened, or unseen spirits moving around.

however none of the previous possibilities would take my sleep away.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Fadi15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
Im always hearing noises coming from the roof of my room...

You probably have mice/bats/birds nesting in your attic (loft).

Originally posted by Auricom

I have fans going 24/7 due to my tinnitus. Both big and small.

I also suffer from tinnitus and have found that YouTube can be a good source of white noise, just something to keep in mind if you fancy a change from the fans

Originally posted by FeelingPure
reply to post by winofiend

I actually thought it could have been intruders at first, Id be much more comfortable to be robbed by the living then the dead

To be honest if I'm going to have an intruder in my house at night I'd probably rather it were a ghost than a human; every time I turn on the news I hear about people being killed by people, but people being killed by ghosts seems to be considerably rarer (would make for an interesting headline though!).

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Older houses and homes can be scarier than newer ones. My parent's house for instance, where I grew up. If you are alone in the house and it's quiet, it sounds like there are footsteps constantly walking upstairs on the third level. i won't even go into my stories about the basement. I think that noises appear louder at night time because it's the one time we're quiet and everything is shut off for the night. the darkness at night can make things seem different, and that can play with our imaginations.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I hear creeks a lot when i am in the bed,
but usually that's just my bones *LOL*

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Heat changes really do make a lot of strange noises.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I agree that the movie played a part. I used to love horror movies. The scarier the better. Then my husband got a job working out of town for days at a time. I refuse to watch anything remotely scary now.

Also, you think differently than I do. When I hear noises I always think mice, or rats, or possums in the house. I think I'd freak out just as badly as I would seeing a ghost!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
this happend to me every damn day in last couple months.
to be correct, every damn night,
I turn of my tv, pc etc, and then it starts cracking noise firstly on my doors, then on my cloathes storae, then around my tv and pc, then on doors on balcony. then again on dress storage etc. and it stops only when i turn on tv and put some channel with aquarium or fire camin. or when turn on tablet and put some music. even then i can hear it when tablet is turned on but considerably less cracking.

some ghost like to watching tv, and does not like a tablet and reading?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wwwchronos

Last night again too. Loud night with the water pipes, heating system and building shifting. Sure makes for a long night with very little sleep. Finally popped a sleeping pill and passed out for a few hours.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I usually hear knocking more than I do creaking.
Anybody else get this?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Temperatures, electrics, your house "settling down" causes those kind of noises. There were no ghosts breakdancing around your house. Just your tired mind playing tricks on you after watching horror movies.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join