It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creaking noise while you are in bed trying to sleep

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Last night i was watching a few horror movies by myself alone while laying in bed, I also had my 2 laptops turned on next to me, being the only 1 in the house i thought i was alone till i started hearing strange noises outside my room, it sounded like someone just made movement on the other side of my door, The type of movment sound you would hear when your legs start to creak when moving from a spot you have been standing for awhile

i then turned off my TV, Laptops then went to bed, as soon as it went silent having turned off all my stuff, it suddenly started creaking around the house like a maniac!!

Could this be the fact that because i turned off all my energy power sources like TV, Laptops ghosts start going crazy running around my dam house because of no more energy..

Or am i just over thinking this whole situation?
edit on 14-11-2012 by Kandinsky because: fixed title typo

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I had this happen to me the other night. I was freaked out. Don't know what to tell you, but I think it's just paranoia...and our ears adjusting to silence.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

More likely than not, without the "white noise" of your electronics going, you were finally hearing the natural noises of the house. My house creaks like an old lady's knees when everything is absolutely silent.

I chalk it up to natural house settling noises.

-TS

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

Could be!! I remember i had an experience like this a few weeks ago, I tried something different and yelled out "STFU" then everything went silent for some strange reason.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's from the temp change during the night. During the day, it happens again. Either your not there to hear it, or stuff is on and you can't hear the subtle creaks.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Thanks for the relief, This is the first time I've ever really discussed a topic like this, great to hear that it really is just the house

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I live in a huge condo building, joined units - 184 of them. The building is about 10 years old and has always had issues with settling into the foundation. Every year or so, my front door shifts and we have to readjust the lock on it. Annoying as hell.

Terrifying some nights especially after a good horror fest.

It's winter here now and dark by 7 pm. Pitch black in the middle of night and makes everything that much spookier. This building, even though it's only 10 years old makes all kinds of noises through the night.

link   

Originally posted by jough626
It's from the temp change during the night. During the day, it happens again. Either your not there to hear it, or stuff is on and you can't hear the subtle creaks.

Yes sir, the materials contract. Metal more so than wood. All that rubbing together, getting freaky, making kinky soundssseeerrrrrmm whoa wait what? Oh yeah the house creaking, get a fan to make some white noise and you probably wont hear it again.

link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

Could be!! I remember i had an experience like this a few weeks ago, I tried something different and yelled out "STFU" then everything went silent for some strange reason.

See since you yelled, you probably shocked your ears or something lol. I really don't know what to say. When this happened to me, I was on the ipadular all night and when it was turned off, I was convinced the noise was the camera going off. It wasn't, and finally when I freaked out and ruffled all the covers and "hummfed", it was gone. I swear it was my ears clicking or something.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

No. It was a Ghost, bro.

link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure

This sounds a little unhealthy. Are you sure these sounds were in the house and not in your head?

Just kidding. I've found yelling helps nearly everything.

link   
I sometimes turn my fan on to block out all other noises if I can't sleep. It's background white noise to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Im always hearing noises coming from the roof of my room...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It sure doesnt hurt to pray and meditate and ask for protection. And go through your life and ask to learn whatever you came to learn and do the work you came to do. That doesnt hurt any. I consider scarey movies to be focal points for evp.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

You beat me to it, must have typed your response before I posted mine ..fans are great for blocking out noise.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I would hate to have a dog's hearing ability, could you all imagine listening to the next door neighbours cracking? as well as your own

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My old house is very loud this time of year, when it starts getting cold. There have been a few occasions where things were not so easily explained away, but those are few and far in between. (The sound of stomping feet running through the house will startle even the most rational minded non-believing person.)

I have always found it interesting that if you lay in a bathtub with your ears underwater you can hear all kinds of sounds your house makes that you otherwise wouldn't notice.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
It sure doesnt hurt to pray and meditate and ask for protection. And go through your life and ask to learn whatever you came to learn and do the work you came to do. That doesnt hurt any. I consider scarey movies to be focal points for evp.

or he could get a fan. lol.

Originally posted by Charmeine
I sometimes turn my fan on to block out all other noises if I can't sleep. It's background white noise to me.

I use the fan so I don't have to hear my girl's loud breathing, I'm a light sleeper, need that noise buffer or I wake up constantly. She likes to try and sleep with the tv on, but I just can't do that, I remember being a kid my sisters would sleep with the radio on, even though they were down the hall I could hear it and it bothered me, thats how I found out about using a fan.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It was the boogie man waiting for you to turn out your lights so he could scare you ...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
As in any sensory deprivation, once you remove something (sight, sound, smell, etc) your brain tries to search for it.

Hence, a heightened state of awareness.

Therefore don't worry

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join