It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtract Texas Add Puerto Rico = 50 Stars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

No, that's only faux news fibs. The calculated number is from the 2010 census and counts only for US citizens (it says so in the little fine print). So that number if for actual citizens, not illegals

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dukesy

What do you mean by "you people?" Just kidding. Come on, why are you taking this media crap seriously? I could care less if people in Texas feel burned about the election or any other state for that matter. The people you should be worried about and the ones that could possibly hurt this nation are the ones signing the petitions.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

That number is not right. The current population of Texas is 25,674,681. I don't know where in the World you came up with your number. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

I know everyone disses Cali. I am not sticking up for our lack of fiscal responsibility. . . but we are hardly a drain on the US economy. Seriously. If you want to play that argument, we'll take 100% of the tax revenues of those "small companies" that call our state home.

Do you realize that over 20% of US market cap (the size of the stock market) resides in this state alone? Chevron, Cisco, Facebook, countless biotech firms, etc. . . .I hesitate even naming companies because then you forget to mention a few mega-cap stocks like Google.

Oh yeah, and we'll take the internet with us too.

Seriously, not sticking up for our lousy fiscal policies. We spend a ton. However, we contribute a tremendous amount of tax revenues to the US. Want to trade the productivity of Silicon Valley for Puerto Rico?

Good luck.

Also, we are home to SpaceX, so you can keep NASA.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

No, that's only faux news fibs. The calculated number is from the 2010 census and counts only for US citizens (it says so in the little fine print). So that number if for actual citizens, not illegals

You're not seriously arguing that Texas only has a population of about 600,000 right?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

lol I think I have more than that in my county.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Our state is broke for the same reason the country is. Interest on loans and bonds and reduced tax income. There are billions in unfunded pensions. We spend more on our prison system then our education system. Too many pigs at the trough. The list goes on and on. The state needs to file bankruptcy and start over. We have an annual GDP of 1.8 trillion dollars. There is plenty for us to start over with. It is what needs to be done in many municipalities and states. Even some countries, ie Greece. Let the bankers take the hit. It is about time.
edit on 13-11-2012 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

so not gonna correct your compeltely FALSE numbers? huh?

Just gonna keep going on with that line?

Are you trolling , or just that ignorant?

Sorry I hate to be crass here........but seriously.......how can you even attempt to try to make that statement as factual when we have cities larger then what you just stated.......

Next time you try and insult and political troll...........atleast have your facts somewhat straight

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SFWatcher

Just yanking your chain, but it really is just as plausible, or even more plausible than letting Texas secede. I know Cali has some very good attributes, I've got friends there. It isn't my cup of green tea, but to each their own.

I think Texans would see it more this way......

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Oh no you didunt. You didn't really say that did you?? Oh wow.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Bull honkey! I never use that word, but seriously?? Where is your link?

You are trolling now. So you are saying that 90% of Texans are illegal? Oh now you are hilarious. You are too funny, Purple! So only about 10% of Texans work in upper echelon jobs, have passports, have mortgages, are *cough* white or black *cough*.

You crack me up and remind me of that auto insurance commercial...."everything is true on the internet, right"

Oh ETA: Couldn't help myself, but on this thread......CIA from your profile...C is Awesome. I think you mispelled awesome for annoying.

edit on 13-11-2012 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I've got an update folks: 34 States have petitioned for secession and Texas has over 90,000 signatures.

What would we think about over 60% of the States REALLY trying to seceed?

It will be interesting to see what the response is for Texas, Georgia, Tennessee - all have over the 25,000 signatures required for a response - Missouri has two petitions that combined total over 27,000 as well.

Symbolic or not one thing is a certainty: the country is in deep trouble.

ganjoa
edit on 14-11-2012 by ganjoa because: updated numbers

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
As much as I like Puerto Ricans, I wouldn't mind if they were let go.
Their spanish is terrible. They are like the hillbillies of hispanics.
edit on 14-11-2012 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
Yeah its common knowledge that they were on their own up until 1845. I am just more on the topic of how whiny certain states are after the election AND how the media likes spinning stuff like this out of control. I mean I know the 35000 people who signed the petition are serious but what does the other part of the Texas populace think about this. Anybody from Texas?

Yes sir I am from Texas.
Yes sir I do understand that media (and individuals on forums and blogs) can spin all sorts of stuff out of control.
I dont think much of it.
I dont think much about your blanket statements of Texas either.
Anything else?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I live in Texas right now and if any state were to ever make the first move I think it would be us.

I don't totally support the agenda but at the rate we are going states need to make a stand with the feds.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The population of Texas is 601,723 according to the 2010 census. There are 333,435 people in Texas that recieve Welfare. That's more than half. If they secede, they LOSE that welfare. Most of the welfare recipients are sreaming about how they want to secede because that's what faux news tells them to shout.

Over 80% of the welfare recipients I know are die hard republicans yet they shout and scream about the economy. Makes very little sense. They are the problem they are upset about.

Let them secede, then see what happens when the federal checks stop coming in.

What are you talking about dude? There are 2 million people in Dallas alone. Same for San Antonio and Houston.
Where do you get 600k from?

And also, why is everyone harping on Texas so much? Louisiana was actually the first state to do this, now there are many others.
edit on 11/14/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Well, after going back and reading more posts, I see that people have already addressed the population issue.
The dude lives wayyyyy out in left field.
edit on 11/14/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Then you dont know puertoricans.

Dime, como esta mi espa~ol?
Apuesto que mucho mejor que el tuyo.

What an ignorant thing to say

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow

Originally posted by resoe26

Then you dont know puertoricans.

Dime, como esta mi espa~ol?
Apuesto que mucho mejor que el tuyo.

What an ignorant thing to say

Serio? eres un boriquoa?

You no what boriquoa means in Galego? It is equivalent to Maricon.
And yeah I do know some Puerto Ricans. When they speak, they never really pronounce thier words. It's
all mumbled and jammed together like they have a sock in thier mouth and thier tongue is paralyzed.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Si soy Boricua. Apuesto que frente a uno no lo dices.
Gallego en PR significa que tienes este en la boca.

Shows your ignorance. Every spanish-speaking country speaks it in a different way. Use their own words,(regionalisms) their own accents. Only on TV is spanish "accent neutral". You fail.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
reply to post by resoe26

Si soy Boricua. Apuesto que frente a uno no lo dices.
Gallego en PR significa que tienes este en la boca.

Shows your ignorance. Every spanish-speaking country speaks it in a different way. Use their own words,(regionalisms) their own accents. Only on TV is spanish "accent neutral". You fail.

Way to state the obvious. You fail.
I know every pinche country has a different dialect. I was stating that IMO, puerto rican's dialect is the worst.
Sorry.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join