It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If you see something, say something" HUGE sign on the side of a bus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Funny thing is, in my town, the people that constitute a terror threat are there every night. The only cause they fight for is street cred.
If you call the authorities and complain about the fact that they are a threat to your well-being.... good luck with getting any help.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

The suggestion was made that they were asking people to report suspicious (ie unattended) packages.
The only point I was interested in making was that this was a sensible precaution. And so it is.
"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance", and that's one kind of vigilance.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

In the words of Ben Franklin: "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You are talking about gang violence I presume. I am sorry and I feel for you. It must be horrible to live in fear like that. But, I don't think the "If you see something, say something" campaign is really geared for that fight. Certainly law enforcement in gang riddled areas are aware of that. I have never lived in an area like that so I do not want to judge.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by TravisBickle451

LOL Please, tell me all about the "terror" in your town. Come on don't hold back because the authorities have been keeping it on the down low as to not cause concern with the rest of the nation.

What's your beef? The sign is for advice/reminder to not keep things to oneself and report activity.

Following your logic, I guess we should just ignore the advice of eating healthy and exercising because if we feel well then there's nothing to worry about. Everything is fine! Nothing has, can, or will go wrong.

reply to post by DISRAELI

Don't be naive. They aren't asking you to call them if you suspect your government may be up to no-good. They want to know if your neighbor is too brown. Or if your acquaintance at the bridge club is speaking ill of the government. Maybe your doctor has suggested an alternative medicine. The man in line behind you at the supermarket mentions he is not going to file his taxes. Your uncle buys an extra gun and converts his 401K into gold. You know, those kinds of things they need to know.

More laughs. Thanks!

First, nice move trying to push people to your "side" by shaming them. So if we don't agree with you, we're naive? Please!

You're imagination is running rampant. You saw a sign and now you've got all these scenarios that you think "they" want to know about. The only source for those things is your own head and whatever outside source you swallowed up is because of confirmation bias. You should probably just write a novel and put all those things you listed in it. What a way to stretch to try to get across whatever point you're peddling.
edit on 2012.11.13 by TravisBickle451 because: ...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I didn't shame anyone. You are trying to cause a fight. Why is that? Because I think that being fearful of my next door neighbor, is unsubstantiated when the fear has been implanted by the government??

Your reasoning makes no sense. How many terrorists live on your street, eh?? That is such garbage. Our populace need not be afraid of each other. It is the government that is sewing division. That is how they get down. Divide and conquer. To argue the other side only shows either your ignorance or participation/

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

By the way, who is "we"? You give yourself up when you speak in the plural. Is that a rat in your pocket or are you just happy to se me?
edit on 14-11-2012 by GrantedBail because: cuz

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

You are talking about gang violence I presume. I am sorry and I feel for you. It must be horrible to live in fear like that. But, I don't think the "If you see something, say something" campaign is really geared for that fight. Certainly law enforcement in gang riddled areas are aware of that. I have never lived in an area like that so I do not want to judge.

I don't live right in it, but the shootings, home invasions and robberies happen within a mile or two of my home.

The authorities are aware of the problem of course, but when it is an ongoing crime wave that affects people every day, versus a terrorist problem that has no effect to speak of... It would be nice for them to do a little more work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join