It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If you see something, say something" HUGE sign on the side of a bus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What a world we have come to live in. I have seen the ads on the the television before. Not appreciating them at all but not thinking that it was a widespread effort by the .gov. I remember hearing a couple of years ago that Walmart had televisions at the checkouts that broadcast this meme. Personally, I never saw one, but then again, I don't frequent Walmart that often.

The sign I saw looked like it was just applied. You could see the edges of the plastic that weren't totally adhered.

I live in a very RED district. Although coastal areas of Southern California are more affluent and educated, therefore more progressive than the inland areas, this district's congressman is Issa. LOL The sane ones are outnumbered. Both newspapers are right-rags notable for their editorial sections.

Anyway the push is on. Perhaps one of you will turn me in to the authorities.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

This has been an MTA ad campaign for a while now. Basically asking people to report any suspicious, unattended packages. Just seems like a practical awareness campaign to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You post like a terrorist.

This is the east germany open range prison. SS number. ID card. Now they are talking about RFID implants. Like herd animals have implanted in them.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jrtallent

Seriously? You really think we are under attack and should be suspicious of packages? OMG it is working.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So what government official decided to put the sign on the bus?

Did you know that if you have too much food in your pantry.... That is govt criteria to put you on a watch list?
Or if you pay for purchases with cash. There are a whole lot of normal things that you can do to be a domestic terrorist suspect.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am fully aware of this. What I was pointing out is the encouragement of sheep to turn in their sheep friends. I find it insulting to the average intelligence. WTF didn't anyone read George Orwell?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Seriously? You really think we are under attack and should be suspicious of packages?

The IRA once bombed Victoria Station by dropping a package into a litter bin (I missed it by ten minutes).
When people start doing that, you will learn to be wary of unattended packages.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
"I didn't see nothin'"

I've been watching too much Sons of Anarchy to rat on anyone. No one likes a rat.
edit on 13-11-2012 by scorpiosin because: vodka

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Yeah, OK. We have no war going on in the USA. No one is blowing up planes. We don't need the TSA and body cavity searches to fly to Vegas. No one is hijacking busses. We have a few bank robberies, some gang violence, and a flourishing drug trade, but the last time I CHECKED, nobody is indiscriminately blowing # up. We have more to fear from our local governments than we do from some explosive devise. So, what were you saying....?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I am fully aware of this. What I was pointing out is the encouragement of sheep to turn in their sheep friends. I find it insulting to the average intelligence. WTF didn't anyone read George Orwell?
1984 was alive and well during WWI and WWII. Posters extolling the virtues of saving, turning in or a least shunning those that wasted or cheated on rationing. Keeping ones eyes out for the dreaded 'huns' and remembering that your own neighbor could be a spy. Round up those folks of Japanese heritage.... Put 'em in a camp.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I remember the first time traveling on AMTRAK for the first time and hearing that creepy announcement over the intercom made every 30 minutes telling everyone to watch out for suspicious looking people and to report them to the amtrak police. The voice was what made it the most interesting. It was as if i was put into one of those conspiracy movies.

P.S

I don't see with my eyes! ahhhh

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm saying that a number of years ago you had people flying aircraft into buildings, which is a kind of attack.
Who's to say that the same people won't try different methods?
(And this point doesn't actually depend on the identity of the people concerned)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What I was pointing out is the encouragement of sheep to turn in their sheep friends. I find it insulting to the average intelligence. WTF didn't anyone read George Orwell?

Sheep?!? Average intelligence?!?

What makes you so high and mighty? Oh yeah. You!

Get off your high horse and understand that some things are just reasonable precautions. Nothing really amiss here.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Since you are in the know...

Exactly who was flying planes into buildings?? Just want to check it out with you. Cuz there are a lot of people that want to know.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

LOL Please, tell me all about the "terror" in your town. Come on don't hold back because the authorities have been keeping it on the down low as to not cause concern with the rest of the nation.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

As I remarked, it doesn't actually matter who they were.
Whether it was Al Quaeda or the government, the point is valid either way.
I remember journalists on this side of the Atlantic, long before 911, commenting that America was unconsciously laying itself wide open to terrorist attacks, because no precautions at all were being observed at the time.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Good thing I don't live in the States, I don't even have a bank account anymore.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Kind of hard to protect yourself against a shadow government with massive rogue intelligence and military operations. As well as supra-national forces operating in crevices and running amok.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sebHFX

Sounds like a fairly smart way to live today.

IMO.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

In addition: Don't be naive. They aren't asking you to call them if you suspect your government may be up to no-good. They want to know if your neighbor is too brown. Or if your acquaintance at the bridge club is speaking ill of the government. Maybe your doctor has suggested an alternative medicine. The man in line behind you at the supermarket mentions he is not going to file his taxes. Your uncle buys an extra gun and converts his 401K into gold. You know, those kinds of things they need to know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join