It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Solar Eclipse, Australia, 14th November 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

AND suddenly the heavens were open and unfastened. Thousands lining beaches and lookouts in Cairns and Port Douglas burst into cheers and tears as a total solar eclipse plunged Queensland's far north into darkness at 6.39am. For two minutes time stood still as an eerie, unearthly glow - the colour of indigo - fell over the tropical coast.

"It is like everyone had come down to watch the End of the World," said Dr Natalie Dillon, a scientist in Mareeba. "When it goes dark and the temperature drops, you get a sense of the fragility of life. "I just feel in awe. It is like the Moon has wiped a cloth over the face of the Sun and we can start afresh. She said the moment of totality was a glimpse into the start of the Ice Age. "It shows how the Sun is the reason life exists on earth. Too much closer and we'd burn. Too much further away and we'd freeze. "For a moment, you get a sense of what it felt like when the dinosaurs went extinct as the cloud of a meteorite storm obscured the sun and plunged Earth into an Ice Age."

www.news.com.au...

Amazing Moment of Total Solar Eclipse (2012 November 14 Australia)

Total Solar Eclipse Australia - Slooh Complete Broadcast

edit on 13-11-2012 by Hydrawolf because: link

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So i guess there is no nibiru showing up as someone had prophecised...bummer...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A truly beautiful thing. I hope one day I will personally witness one. August 21st, 2017 I might get a chance

Future solar eclipses

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I wonder if the newcolor scheme was inspired by it?

Must admit it looked pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We didn't see the eclipse no thanks to the overcast.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Holy Cow!!!!

This is it! Kiss ur ass goodbye!

"The day has arrived for the destruction of the evil white sons of bitches"

- mayan king - 1602 a.d.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just want to say I witnessed this live this morning, from my front yard in Townsville North Queensland, it was spectacular. I borrowed a few welding lenses and goggles from my work so the kids could watch with me also.
I tried to take photos but it's not that easy to photograph the sun.
In Townsville we had about 95% coverage of the sun for about 10 minutes. There was always just a little bit of the edge showing, a crescent, bu it was still awesome to see. It did get a lot darker.
I wonder how many KW it stole from my solar panels.....

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Clicked video all I got was a plump guy selling cards of some type.
Whats this all about?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
could it have hurt to have a clear day, I am curious about Niburu. I don't want to be watching pronz one day and Niburu shows up to destroy us.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Clicked video all I got was a plump guy selling cards of some type.
Whats this all about?

It was the complete broadcast, it goes for over 3 hours. If you skip through you will see the footage of the Total Solar Eclipse.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydrawolf

Thanks great video...I have an extremely slow wireless broadband these days..sometimes I can boil an egg before the youtube vid loads.
Cheers for heads up.

new topics

top topics

join