It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States v.s. North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What do you think will happen if the United States goes to War with North Korea, who do you think will join, and what do you think the outcome will be?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
We would see the MOAB in use in a big way.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Britian will join, or we lost our last Allie. Actually I think Japan and South Korea would join

We would definetly win, unless another country intervenes. Then where in for a lot of trouble

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i think it would be the uglyest most devestating war ever, in reported history..

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
How can you say that blade runner with nearly 200,000+ SK troops waiting to fight, and many american troops, and the Most powerful airforce in the world vicotry is assured.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, I've heard on websites and in the news that NK could rain down something like 500,000 artillery shells an hour into SK and could destroy Seoul rapidly. That'd be some massive death I would think. I still believe we would win, but to prevent SK from taking huge losses we'd need an enormous pre-emptive strike.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Im sure SK has the same plans for NK also Sk technology is soo much greater than NKs

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
How can you say that blade runner with nearly 200,000+ SK troops waiting to fight, and many american troops, and the Most powerful airforce in the world vicotry is assured.

Remember Vietnam! Doesn't matter how many troops there are. It's tactics that count in wars like these.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It wouldn't be the US and The North Koreans, it would be bigger than that. Many nations would have roles, just as they always do. People make money off of death and destruction. Those people are not thinking about humanity. The money they make is nothing more than blood money.

I won't make and pointless assumptions over who will win. For anything can happen.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
i think that is just a way to separate ppl, in different ways to think, agree with with or not, is always the same, so now, if even america decides to not attack, the
tension between SK and Nk now has grow thx to america, also with japan, something bad is gonna happen anyway, the difference is just numbers (or better said lifes), but at the end of the war, nothing will be solved, and the countries involved aren�t getting better....
Actually i think there will be a rearangement of goverment in the entire globe... Just give it time...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
We would see the MOAB in use in a big way.

you forgot about the taepodong nuclear icbms?

and moabs wont do much to NK, underground tunnel networks!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
kim jong il is a one stylish pimp!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Jong Ill or whatever you may call him is a self-inflated idiot much in the mold of Fidel Castro, once North Koreans began losing more men then they could replace, and run out of Oil, (logistics ladies and gentlemen), and starving I think they would turn on him in a second.

Let's look at a tale of the tape in my opinion:

N. Korea : Undertrained Pilots
Modern Migs but not kept up mechanically
No $$$ to finance war effort for longer then a few weeks
Not enough working equipment to keep solders armed.
1974 style ICBM's that couldn't hit Russia, much less a US naval Fleet.
Oil supplies vastly overrated,
Coastal Defense Navy only
Same Tanks Iraq had
Starving People
Idiot Dictator which people will abandon once war effort turns against them.
No spy satellites, can't see US troops
Can't rely on Allies to help them out, they are on thier own.

US:
Top notch military, best training in the world
You have seen about 5% of American military might in the last 2 years.
Secret Weapons (EMP, MOAB, RAPTOR, ???, Laser Weapons)
Money to finance long term war effort'
Aid of South Korea, Japan, Austrailia, Spain, and Britain
Dominant Naval Power
Dominant Air Power
Dominant Land Power
Dominant Space Power
Dominant Technology
Logistics (Food, Clothes, Oil, Gas, Windex, you name it they got it and they can get it quick)

My take

War if ugly for about a week, then trouble hits the North Koreans in terms of a three Front War, US, Britain, SK and Japan all work together to apply pressure to North Korea. They establish air superiority in a week, beachheads in 2, Korean's begin to understand the problem, they are fighting with no oil or food, while our boys are frying t-bone's on thier ol t-72's, quit the war and go home, leaving middle Korea virtually defenseless.

This one won't last much more than Iraq, and you will see the true might of the United States in action, prepare to see what you speak out against and ask yourself if you understand this next statement.

"No more Mr. Nice guy, you want it, you'll get it" Man Americanism is a bitch isn't it?

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by Shining Wizard]

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Shining wizzard, i see u enjoy and u take this a funny thing, but it�s not funny that all these innocent ppl is gonna die because of the game of those elitists, and u see it as a competition? i wonder one day a b-52 comes a bombards your neighbourhood and then i�d like to see if u see it as a competition of star wars, who has the best army...
This if not a game, there is lifes between...
I just don�t get this kind of attitudes...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger
kim jong il is a one stylish pimp!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The US can't afford a war with North Korea. Not without evacuating the west coast first. The risk of one of the Taepodong's hitting Los Angeles is too big. The US's best weapon right now is diplomacy. Maybe they can manage to get past their own bellicist convictions and sign a non-agression treaty with North Korea. That would do a better job than 500 000 US soldiers.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I still don't know what purpose another agreement will serve - NK should live up to its previous ones, (which the US did honor) all this while we continue to send food aid. (Juche has obviously failed)

Though I think the the dear leader needs to be beaten like a rental car, I don't think we have much in the way of a military option. Seoul, being close to the DMZ, would suffer heavy damage. (it's within range of NK artillery and surely missiles, rockets, and that sort of stuff). The only way military action would work would to have it be massive, pre-meditated, 'shock and awe' times 10, with a large multi-national coalition consisting of china, russia, S.K., and Japan. Or at least having all those people 'in on the plan.' Surely, the US would 'beat' NK. But, at what cost?

VzH

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Not another war please

Peace.........................

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
GLASS!!!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think that a war with NK would have immeasurably horrible outcomes. Kim would throw everything hes got at us if he felt like he was going down. We would be fighting a country that is made up of: an evil dictator, a potentially powerfull military, millions of starving people and its neighbor china, who would definetly not like American troops invading NK.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join