It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Needs Your ATTENTION Please!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I moved to Brazil in April 2012 of this year to be with my wife. I left behind my 13 year old son. His mother and I divorced; I re-married. I have 3 siblings and their respective spouses and my Dad; I gave my brother power of attorney to handle any issues concerning my son.

I prepared my son for this the moment (starting in Feb. 2011), I thought it was a possibility; my new wife had immigration problems we were trying to resolve. It was not an easy choice to leave my son or my family...my true love needed me more.

If I had custody the choice would have been much more difficult; I did not. I had parental rights and visitation; his circumstances were not going to change anymore drastically than they had when I moved out; June of 2010.

I had to put my wife on a plane without me on October 21, 2011; I had obligations I had to attend to first. My Mother was ill and my son had his bar mitzvah coming up and I needed to be there for that. My Mom understood and approved; she adored my new wife. My son understood and gave me his blessing. Mom ascended on Jan.31, 2012. My son had his bar mitzvah in April.

There is much more to this, but I just wanted to lay the scenario out for the purpose of this thread.

In October of this year I stopped hearing from my son. I started to reach out to my family for assistance. I am not able to call under my current circumstances and e-mail communication is all I can rely on (no one in my family has bothered to get Skype to keep in touch). I lost my cell phone service. There is much more to explain about my situation and that will be another thread for you to be bored to tears by.

If I were your sibling or son and you knew this information about my situation; how would you respond to me?
The following transcripts are from the e-mails I sent; I will give the replies I got in the course of the thread.

10-16-2012

If someone could please contact Erik and ask him to get on Skype I would greatly appreciate it. I hope all is well with my family. Edith and I are doing the best we can under trying circumstances as well I am sure you all are. We miss you all.

10-18-2012

I was hoping to speak to my son and I wonder if any of you have had contact with him lately. I have not heard from him for over 3 weeks now. I hope someone would contact me if something were wrong, but I'm not certain this is the case. I don't even know if you get my emails when I send them. Please, respond so I know this is at least being read by someone.

10-22-2012

Is there something someone is not telling me about Erik? As to why he won't contact me? Besides Skype, I have E-mail?

11-5-2012

When is the last time anyone spoke to Erik? What did he say? Did anyone ask him to email me or figure out what is wrong with his Skype connection? Please, do not ignore me about this. I know you all have your own lives, but I did not disappear. I moved to Brazil for a reason. Not to be forgotten.

Take care and much love to all.

Ascension211

B.T.W - Ascension is in honor of my Mom, 211 is in honor of my Wife (2-11-2011 = Anniversary)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
edit because idiot accidently replies to my post
instead of the op

edit on 13-11-2012 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You said "my true love needed me more".

Think about that for a moment.

Your child should come first, no matter what, not some woman. Your child is your flesh and blood. Sorry but it sounds to me like the power of the vagina has overtaken you.

I don't blame your son for not talking to you, you bailed on him.

link   
reply to post by xszawe

Sounds like your a dead beat dad... you actually abandoned your son for some tail? I hope your son resents you.. and tosses you away like you did him.
SHAME ON YOU!
You should go get your self fixed b4 you make any more kids to hurt.

link   
You said it yourself, "My true love needed me more." So you made your choice and now you live the results. No one in your family is "obligated" to get Skype to keep in touch with you. That's your responsibility. Now you've said this issue "needs y[our] ATTENTION Please"

It really doesn't, and the same goes for your son.
edit on 11/13/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
reply to post by xszawe

Sounds like your a dead beat dad... you actually abandoned your son for some tail? I hope your son resents you.. and tosses you away like you did him.
SHAME ON YOU!
You should go get your self fixed b4 you make any more kids to hurt.

im a son not a father
are you sure you replied to the right post

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
That does seem odd. Details aside, you cant contact your son or the rest of your family. That is peculiar. Best wishes for you, your probably smoking hot wife
, and your family situation.

I cant send PM's yet but I can try to contact them if you want.

Edit: After looking at some of the other messages, you did bail on your son. All reasons aside, to him you bailed. Consider that HIGHLY before wondering whats going on.
edit on 13-11-2012 by TruthHurtsDenialKills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not sure why you posted this here of all places.. Have some dignity and man up a bit..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

It was to him... Guy like him make all of us look bad, just becuz some vagina is more important... he thinks that gives him the RIGHT to abandon his responsabilities

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
its showing you care and have the need to know ,so i would respond if i was a family member or friend that knew your fam.unfortunately it doesnt always work that way,i know from experience,it can take time for a response.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

nvm
edit on 13-11-2012 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
well all my friends parents are divorced or dont love each other anyways so i would just fit in with the rest of the crowd. Nobody has parents anymore, everyone wants divorce. So i would ask myself, is this normal behavior or a cultural thing? so true love doesn't exist. So why do people complain about the father or the mother not being their if divorce is allowed?

dont give me that look like "well some people get divorce because of abuse blah, blah blah" i know every mostly every scenerio already and most of them just seem like an excuse to get away.

so yeah i wouldn't mind because my culture doesn't care anyways

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As I explained I did not abandon my son. I did not abandon anyone. The emails were sent to my siblings and my father, they were in contact with my son. I was certain this would get some volatile responses. If it were one of my siblings in the same situation I would have done everything I could to help them. This is why I am having trouble understanding your responses or theirs.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
we all make mistakes

we only truly lose

when we dont realise that they are mistakes

what we do in life...echoes through eternity....so you can rest in peace...do the right thing...while you still can

peace and love.....this is a journey, its hard and tough....but we all made a covenant pact, with the creator, before we came here....your stronger than you think

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I hope you two are able to make it through this...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This was not a piece of ass, We are married and have issues to resolve. She left her kids and grand kids because she had to. I only had one way to bring her back someday. My son gave me his blessing and loves my wife. The only reason I suggested this was because I was left to wonder. Facts will be presented shortly as to why this did happen.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
As I explained I did not abandon my son. I did not abandon anyone. The emails were sent to my siblings and my father, they were in contact with my son. I was certain this would get some volatile responses. If it were one of my siblings in the same situation I would have done everything I could to help them. This is why I am having trouble understanding your responses or theirs.

Yes, you did. You left the country. That's abandonment. Until you take responsibility for this you are not going to make any headway. You refuse to see it. Then you demand attention from us. That's nobody's problem but your own. There's nothing anyone here can do to "help you." If anyone chooses to get in the middle of this they are insane.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

You said you moved to Brazil. In other words you moved to a different Country without your son.

You asked for your sons blessing for your own reassurance on the matter, that is kind of selfish. A 13yr old isn't totally aware or emotionally ready to give a blessing for such a thing and when he gets older to realize that "dad" moved to another country for his "true love" aka another woman, he will resent you for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
True love can wait.

Personally I would've waited until matters were resolved so I wouldn't abandon my child. If my true love truly loved me she would wait as would I.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
You said "my true love needed me more".

Think about that for a moment.

Your child should come first, no matter what, not some woman. Your child is your flesh and blood. Sorry but it sounds to me like the power of the vagina has overtaken you.

I don't blame your son for not talking to you, you bailed on him.

1st thing that came to my mind was pretty much along the lines of 'kimish' (I just didn't want to be the ice-breaker!
)

2nd thing (or word) that came to mind was 'Facebook'. Surely this is the easiest way of getting in touch with someone in these days?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join