It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RISK!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I, for one, absolutely love this game. I though this would be a good area to post this in.

A website called "Major Command" (www.majorcommand.com) let's you play risk online against other players for free; a variety of maps, game styles, and etc. are located there. There is an added bonus of being able to send "Diplomatic messages" to other players, to cease hostilities at certain boarders, etc. If anyone is interested in playing, I'll be there using the same username as here (anon4m05)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I liked Risk, but I hated the dice aspect of it. It's really infuriating to have your army of 40 wiped out by an army of 6. I may check it out nonetheless. Still hooked on online Stratego. Damn I'm old.
edit on 13-11-2012 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I used to play risk on Friday nights with other ATSers. But they have gone on to greater things. I miss it!

It is really funny when everyone is from different countries too.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anon4m05

Hey, I know you posted in my 'games' thread the other day. I may just take you up on your offer. Do I have to make a log-in account?

What times do you typically play a round? I haven't played RISK in ages and could never get anybody interested in playing with me haha. I'll have to refresh myself on the rules a bit, but it is one of my favorite games.

I preferred Axis & Allies somewhat--which was even more difficult to find people to play it with.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Hey, I know you posted in my 'games' thread the other day. I may just take you up on your offer. Do I have to make a log-in account?

What times do you typically play a round? I haven't played RISK in ages and could never get anybody interested in playing with me haha. I'll have to refresh myself on the rules a bit, but it is one of my favorite games.

I preferred Axis & Allies somewhat--which was even more difficult to find people to play it with.

Ah I certainly did. And yes you have to make an account (its free btw); its so it can record your stats (wins, loses, honor, etc.). It's hard to say when I usually play; I'm a late night gamer sometimes so often I'll be playing around 10-11 pm EST. Look forward to seeing you in the warzone!

EDIT; I forgot to mention, there are two types of games. "Realtime" gives each player 2 1/2 minutes for your turn, games last anywhere from 40 min - 2 hrs (so make so you have time set aside). Then there is "Casual"; I haven't played it myself, but it allows each person 24 hrs to make their turn; so essentially, you check in once a day and make your move, and then go about the rest of the day until the next one. With "Casual" you can have many games going at once; perhaps that would be a good way to get an ATS game going? Though I do prefer realtime...
edit on 14-11-2012 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yeah, I am a fan of real-time myself. I tried playing scrabble on facebook a few times many moons ago. I hated it because so many people seemed to abandon the game after a couple of days. I could never complete an actual game of scrabble on facebook--I'll leave that one to your imagination haha!

Well, I will make an account under my same ATS name one of these days.

"...RISK. A game of global domination being played by two people who can rarely run their own lives."--Seinfeld.

top topics

join