It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWESOME Solar ECLIPSE happening right now in New Zealand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

Am trying to get a decent pic for everyone, but can't seem to capture the cresent shape of the SUN properly from my cellphone. I was told not to look directly at it, but I did anyway and it is AWESOME...

Someone should have a pic up soon no doubt.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tawewe
Hey Guys,

Am trying to get a decent pic for everyone, but can't seem to capture the cresent shape of the SUN properly from my cellphone. I was told not to look directly at it, but I did anyway and it is AWESOME...

Someone should have a pic up soon no doubt.

www.stuff.co.nz...

Here's some video enjoy
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So can you see nibiru then?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

I heard if you stare enough into the Sun during the eclipse that eventually you'll catch it

Isn't it right OP?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tawewe

I am from Cairns in QLD. I had a quick glance without glasses before the full eclipse. It was crazy. Like a massive flare. I am glad I seen that.

Once it was full eclipse and all was black. Again it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I was laying in bed this morning debating weather I was going to get up and see it. I thought "meh I have seen it on TV before how different can it be". Truly amazing event. Pitch black for 5mins than day again.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Awesome dreamfox1
thankyou.

s 4 u

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

haha, u know it !

2nd

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Woke up yesterday morning, well stirred really and looked at the light on my ceiling.. meh still early I thought, went back to sleep woke up again.. hmmm odd lights still real dull. Heard others in the family were up got up and noticed the light was far to dull to be normal then heard others talking about it and then we all realized it must be a solar eclipse
yes none of us knew about it before hand.

Broke out the old telescopes sun lens and used that to look at it and got to see it as it receded from the 85% coverage they said we'd get here.

Also we used a pin hole lens (poke a hole in a piece of card with a pin then hold the paper over some white paper and move the card back or forward to focus image of the sun)
works real well. Didnt trust looking at the sun to long with an old 30 year old sun filter lens.

Not sure why theyve said we wont get another until around 2028?... we had a 50% solar eclipse here about 6 years ago unless their talking about the total eclipse in Carins.

One of my aunties is in Cairns.
edit on 14-11-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join