It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will renounce my faith

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by mythos
Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

etc. etc. etc.

He said the verse must not pertain to ancient Israel, but oh wait, you think the entire book is about christians

he said to show him ONE VERSE in the bible where God asks someone to do some violence. he has been shown plenty. to cherry pick whether "God" is talking to ancient israelites or not is silly.

otherwise... screw the 10 commandments, 'cause that was for the ancient israelites.

this thread is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

You're lying.

Never, especially not in the OP, did I ask somebody to show me ONE verse where God asks somebody to commit a violent act,

Nor did I ever deny God did such a thing, lest I deny my God,

I understand God has handed down judgements in the past and used men as His means to accomplish this.

I said, show me ONE verse where God commands CHRISTIANS, since the FIRST CENTURY UP UNTIL THE CURRENT TIME, to use violence in any way, shape or form,

and, the God haters have been unable to do so,

Thank you,

Come again.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Let's take a look at the quoted Scripture, IN context, as opposed to twisting Scripture to support your distorted (and incorrect) views;

Matthew 15

New King James Version (NKJV)
Defilement Comes from Within

15 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, 2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”

3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition.

Oh, and let's see, a few verses down, one of the actions the Messiah condemns;

16 So Jesus said, “Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20 These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.”

Well, what do ya know?

Scripture doesn't seem so evil when you're not twisting it and corrupting it to fit your own warped views,

So,

Try again.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

After I had the experience I thought I may have been delusional myself, and I actually back slid from faith again after this,

Then I had a similar experience exactly 1 year after this experience.

After that, I had once again back slid and fallen away from faith,

And almost exactly one year later, I had yet another Divine Encounter.

Sometimes I wish I was just making everything up and so I could not be accountable for my actions and just do whatever I please,

But then I snap out of my delusion, and wake up to reality:

God is watching.

You will be judged.

Live with it, learn it, love it,

or suffer consequences,

Truth hurts sometimes,

But,

I can't stop gravity, my friend.

God bless.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I posted what you asked for OP New testament, Jesus backing up gods word on killing children. Still waiting for your renouncement.

By the way atheist and agnostic are not interchangeable words. (Reference to you post on why you have the faith you do.)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Thanks for sharing.

I cannot say I share your convictions, nor am I convinced by the countless verses you've quoted and interpreted. I'm not a fan of Bible God, but I've no interest in having you renounce your faith. To each their own.

Wish you luck and happiness.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
You're lying.

Never, especially not in the OP, did I ask somebody to show me ONE verse where God asks somebody to commit a violent act,

Nor did I ever deny God did such a thing, lest I deny my God,

I understand God has handed down judgements in the past and used men as His means to accomplish this.

I said, show me ONE verse where God commands CHRISTIANS, since the FIRST CENTURY UP UNTIL THE CURRENT TIME, to use violence in any way, shape or form,

The OP

If any man can show me ONE SINGLE VERSE, just ONE VERSE, that says that I should stone or hurt or kill anybody or commit violence in anyway, which applies to me today, I will publicly renounce my faith.

Two different versions of the truth it seems.

and, the God haters have been unable to do so,

Thank you,

Come again.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I did,

I know that,

Thank you,

Come again.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Unable to read correctly,

Not only can you not read the Bible in context,

You can't even read replies on a forum in context,

No wonder you think God is evil.

Try some more.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

Thank you,

I love you,

Blessings and happiness unto you and your entire family,

Seek Truth and Wisdom,

Your brother in Love,

Grace, Peace, and Truth,

Amen

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Raelsatu

Most of the arguments, it seems, against God, are from people who elevate themselves to "god" status.

After all, for an atheist to be a true atheist, he'd have to have omniscience....

*sigh*

What are you getting at? You're saying that somebody must either have total faith God is non-existent, or total faith that he does exist? You're really not speaking sense.

Anyway I'm not the one proclaiming to have the answers to the origins of everything; you study an ancient translated text, assert what the truth is (even though it's based on faith), & then act as if your dogma is infallible. Sorry but your spirituality is not any more special or unique than the next persons. Your subjective spirituality is naturally biased, & so you'll look for any possible interpretation of the verses that fixes the context you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If any man can show me ONE SINGLE VERSE, just ONE VERSE, that says that I should stone or hurt or kill anybody or commit violence in anyway, which applies to me today, I will publicly renounce my faith.

The verse MUST NOT pertain to ancient Israel, it must pertain to all followers of God to this current day.

is quite different than

regardless, this whole thread is splitting hairs and solely functions on the fact that YOU somehow have the ultimate knowledge & most proper interpretation of the bible. as i said earlier, this is silly stuff.

by the way...

a) i am not a liar... and do not appreciate being called one.

i have done nothing but reply to your own direct quotes... reread the thread and tell me i have done otherwise. your chronic obfuscation does not make me a liar.

b) i am not a God hater...

my faith in my spirituality is deep and rooted and it is audacious of you to assume otherwise.

i, however, do not feel so insecure in my faith as to feel the need to make boasts online, bargaining my faith over semantics and interpretations. it is cheap and childish what you have done, and i feel you know it, hence your defensiveness.

you are confusing "God haters", with haters of lame threads.

remove the plank from your own eye before you point out the speck in your brothers.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wise is not he who proved something, but he who knew the truth and didn't argue.

This applies to all of you.

Each has their own truth. Some come to it by themselves, others are incapable of it and for them truth is voluntary slavery. Leave them to it as it is their own choice.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velatropa24
Wise is not he who proved something, but he who knew the truth and didn't argue.

Well spoken, friend. God bless you and thank you for your wisdom.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Why do you want to renounce your god so badly?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Repent,

No more time left to argue,

Either repent or suffer,

I love you,

God loves you

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Your spirituality is false if it's in anyone or anything but the God of the Bible and His Son our Lord Jesus,

I love you,

God loves you,

Repent.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by mythos

Your spirituality is false if it's in anyone or anything but the God of the Bible and His Son our Lord Jesus,

I love you,

God loves you,

Repent.

what need is there to repent a spirituality that fills my heart and soul with a deep reverence for the Great Mystery of life?

your audaciousness is crass and offensive. your brand of theocratic absolutist christianity is part of the reason why humanity remains in chaos. it is no different than the Taliban.

repent!

PS if you truly loved me, you would accept me for who i am. i know God does.

PSS- the Goddess loves you.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: godlover25

It was proven to you, many times over. You welched on your agreement. Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm not entirely sure you have found a verse which meets the OP's requirements. It is not addressed to Christians, it is not even addressed to Jews. In fact, it is not a command or order to anyone. It is part, obviously of Jeremiah 48. Here's how that chapter begins:

Concerning Moab:

This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says:

“Woe to Nebo, for it will be ruined.
Kiriathaim will be disgraced and captured;
the stronghold will be disgraced and shattered.
Moab will be praised no more;
in Heshbon people will plot her downfall:
‘Come, let us put an end to that nation.’
You, the people of Madmen, will also be silenced;
the sword will pursue you.

Jeremiah 48: 1, 2

This is Jeremiah repeating what God is foretelling about the destruction of Moab by the Amonites. (Heshbon was an Amonite city.)

Because of the context, the verse doesn't mean what you think it does.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join