It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will renounce my faith

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by Whatsitallabout

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD

Isaiah 65:2 All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations--

Isaiah 66:18 "And I, because of their actions and their imaginations, am about to come and gather all nations and tongues, and they will come and see my glory

THAT... is called "CHERRY PICKING"...

Please read The Story of the Snake...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Nothing you have posted says anything about anybody being clear of the old laws.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncents

Of course man is still under the law,

You're going to die, are you not?

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

CLV 1C 1:18 For the word *of the cross is stupidity, indeed, to *those who are perishing~, yet to us *who are being saved~ it is the power of God.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Sinful men have proclaimed God to be evil based on misguided thoughts

That is the first truth i've seen from you...

If a small child thinks his daddy is the biggest meany poopy head ever after he gets a spanking, is the childs view correct?

A child doesn't understand as an adult should...

We call that child abuse these days by the way...

Your inability to sense Gods Righteous and Holy Judgement is no excuse for disbelieving on Him and His Authority

I've already told you im not a "disbeliever"...

And your digging your hole deeper... Hope you have a good shovel...

CLV 1C 1:18 For the word *of the cross is stupidity, indeed, to *those who are perishing~, yet to us *who are being saved~ it is the power of God.

Please stop quoting scripture and speak from your heart... i assume you have one even though you freely condem others...

edit on 13-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
OP,

You asked. They provided. You don't accept what they say.

You're debating like a three year old. Simple denial doesn't mean you are correct.

I'm sure you see this as some victory of your faith or you're "quenching all the fiery darts of the wicked one", but in reality, you are giving Christians a bad name because of your

TROLLING.

So in summary...stop.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

Google: Context, Old covenant vs New covenant

So what happened to the souls of all those people before the New Covenant?

Its like the Catholic Church saying it's okay now to eat meat on Fridays from this point on....

Oops, sorry - you are still condemned because you happened to die before I changed my mind and the new rule was applied.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yeah, see, you didn't entirely answer my question, because nowhere within the bible is the entire human genome printed, the periodic table, nor the laymans interpretation for entanglement.

Secondly, earlier you were denouncing the first testament as not relevent, however you now mention the Torah...You are aware they are one and the same thing aren't you ?!

I see you chose not to defend your purpose for beginning this thread, therefore my original post still stands.

This thread is an ego trip for you, and a display of arrogance, that you feel you can try to "convert" people to your way of thinking, without regard for free will.

You put this on the table, nobody asked you to, all you are doing is seeking to manipulate, well good luck, you might skew a few...Oh, no, wait....This is ATS !

No-one is going to have a manipulated epiphany here.
edit on 13-11-2012 by solargeddon because: Typos grrr

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ok... I am not going to try to show you nothing except a common sense perspective.....1'st, Whom did in fact write the Bible?....second question...who wrote the Ten commandments?Third question....who has changed/translated/and or altered scriptures into a multitude religions throughout time?Who murdered Jesus Christ to cover up the truth?...who murdered J.F.K to cover up the truth?.......Who murdered Martin Luther King to cover up the truth?Guess they were just all random act's of violence against good people for no reason whats so ever....huh?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I completely agree, denial doesn't mean you are correct.

If people are lacking wisdom, it is there responsibility to learn it, not mine to teach them.

Now, can you show me that one verse I'm asking for so I can renounce my faith in this evil God?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Isaiah was a prophet so I'm pretty sure his thoughts were gods thoughts. Might be

proph·e·cy/ˈpräfəsē/
Noun:
A prediction of what will happen in the future.
The faculty, function, or practice of prophesying.

If he wasn't prophesying gods thoughts, then it was one of the sins worthy of killing someone for in my original post - predicting the future.

I am by no means renouncing my faith, merely asking questions based on your original one.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

The Bible was written by various Godly men as they were moved by the Spirit of God,

The LORD wrote the Ten Commandments Himself on stone tablets on Sinai and gave them to Moses to deliver to the Israelites,

Moses wrote the Torah, the Law, aka the Pentateuch, first five books of the Tanakh, and Joshua finished it up and wrote the Book of Joshua, then Judges, Kings, Samuel, etc were written in early Kingdom of Israel times by King Saul, King David, King Solomon and there scribes and people under them, then the Tanakh was also contributed to by various other kings, prophets, preachers and teachers of Israel,

The Pharisees and Sadduccees (two main sects of 1st century Judaism) conspired with Roman authorities to trump up false charges against Yeshua and then helped convict Him and move the crowd to release a murderer named Barrabas instead of the King of the Jews, these people in turn all belong to the Synagogue of Satan, which is the same as our modern day free masons / illuminati / royal blood lines, etc etc

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

After the first two or three posts I thought I understood this thread. But, now, I'd like you to clarify. It seemed, at the start, that you were asking people to provide a verse from the New Testament in which God ordered us to kill, or otherwise hurt each other.

That's fine, I could understand that. People provide you with a bunch of verses from the Old Testament, which you properly reject according to your rules. But now? What's going on? How did we get into a discussion on the morality of the Old Testament? Have you been side-tracked, or is this where you wanted the discussion to go?

link   

Isaiah was a vessel which Elohim was using to speak to mankind through

link   

Once again, these verses do not state that anyone is no longer to follow the old laws of the Christian god. They do state that people cannot only follow the law and not have faith though. That is not what we are talking about here.

It appears that you do not have any scripture that states the old laws do not apply to modern times.

You have been provided many scriptures directly mentioning killing and harming others.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I wanted people to prove to me, with a proper Biblical understanding and correct understanding of Christian Theology, that the God of the Old Testament is evil.

If anybody could do that in a truthful and respective manner, I would publicly renounce my faith.

My point of the thread will be revealed in due time, I have reasons for doing this.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I still don't understand why you don't put your vast amount of knowledge to good use.

Teach and lead with love!

You come in swinging before the bell has ever rang. People will not follow a bully. Put forth your reasons for believing that God is Love. Why do you only see it your way? God is different to every believer, IMO.

Every time I read the OT, I see an angry vengeful God. But evertime I read it I gain something new from it. In my childhood years I was SCARED of God and his judgment on me. He seemed to send people to Hell for doing something every human does, sins.

He made people wander around in a desert for longer than they should have, the leader never getting to see the promised land. Killed countless people, struck the 7 plagues on a land, hardened hearts, and really made women out to be of less worth than a man. (Stories simplified for those unfamiliar.)

I once again plead with you to teach by what you claim your God is, LOVE. Stop criticizing and have a little tolerance to see where others are coming from. Then you can have a peaceful debate, not an argument.

Do yourself a favor and don't become a youth minister. Please.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Sometimes the truth hurts.

We have no right to judge the Almighty,

Have you ever read the book of Job?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As was Moses, but apparently that's irrelevant now. I'm more confused than before.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncents

AV Lk 16:16 The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join