It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loyalty and permanent banns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Does loyalty count on this site?
I’ve had 8 of my friends get permanently banned on this site in the last 2 weeks.3 of them, had been on here for 3 years or more and the others a little under a year.

Does every bann warrant a permanent Bann?

People are very loyal to this site for what ever reasons they are, they contribute a lot ,they communicated a lot, and I think a lot of them love this site.

I understand no cursing, no swearing and no disrespect towards other people, no talking about the Jews and all the other 3 trillion rules that no other site in the history of forum has, but why permanent banns, why not3 days or a week, especially for the ones that have contributed so much time on this site, the ones that show loyalty and nothing but respect.

Does loyalty count?

It hurts the fun of being on site, and the moral, and the respect when you see people with 12,000 stars who have been on here for 3 years or better get permanently banned, or any body for that matter.

I honestly understand that its some real hard asses on this site that deserve to be banned, but for some I’m pretty sure permanent banns could be looked over just a little bit for some.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There are two different kinds of bans.

A post ban is a temporary restriction on the member's ability to post for a finite period of time while our staff works with them.

A permanent ban is the termination of the member's account entirely.

During the course of a post ban the member is usually in communication with staff members.

Even with a permanent ban, the (former) member is able to communicate with the site Admins via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page to find out what happened. In some cases accounts are reinstated. It all depends on the specific case.

As far as loyal/popular members go, that's not particularly relevant. Someone here for 3 years with thousands of stars and flags is held to the same T&C as someone here for one hour. While it hurts us to lose long time members, the T&C applies to all, including staff, and does not have room for status considerations.

If you know someone who feels they have been banned unfairly please encourage them to use the "Contact Us" link so we can discuss it.

I hope this answers your question.

join