It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Outrageous Facts Most People Don’t Know

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

edit on 14-11-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

Well if all of this is true and the world still works how it does then it is only logical to assume that most people do not know, because if they did, they would be rather angry about it.

And your statements kinda reflect yourself when you think about it, instead of being on one side or the other (as outlined by you) you have etched out a third, even more exclusive, place for yourself ie: the person who knows better then everyone else.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
perhaps you should investigate what a 'real person' is in the court of law,as opposed to a 'corporate' person.
is your name on your i.d. in capital letters? if so, well, the gov't owns you! your a corporation!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ever learning but never coming to a knowledge of the truth.
There is simply nothing that we can do except wait.
When the USA sneezes the whole world has a cold!, fight marxism, facsism, complacency, ignorance
Why were we taken so easily by a handful of men that turned us upon each other?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It is always a bit distasteful seeing cats go on about sheep or sheeple while jumping naively headfirst and uncritically at the first anti-anything type conspiracy that comes their way. It's a bit ironic. I hate the terms sheep and sheeple, so condescending. Other than that, I enjoy a good conspiracy with factual depth. This list is as shallow and unfounded as they come. Not to say a case couldn't be made for a few of the claims, but whatever case their may have been has been overshadowed by exaggeration and conspiracy flag waving. Not to mention a lack of the academic rules of argument to make a point worthy of consideration. These are just slogans for condescension.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Perhaps you should quote the law that changes person status within a legal system into a corporation? I'm asking for comedic effect since I already know you can't cause such a law doesn't excist. We've been through this several times in ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Regarding this from the OP:

18. The most powerful court in America is not the United States Supreme Court but, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. (42 Pa.C.S.A. 502)

Looking up the real answer to #18, I get this:

§ 502. General powers of Supreme Court. The Supreme Court shall have and exercise the powers vested in it by the Constitution of Pennsylvania, including the power generally to minister justice to all persons and to exercise the powers of the court, as fully and amply, to all intents and purposes, as the justices of the Court of King's Bench, Common Pleas and Exchequer, at Westminster, or any of them, could or might do on May 22, 1722. The Supreme Court shall also have and exercise the following powers: (1) All powers necessary or appropriate in aid of its original and appellate jurisdiction which are agreeable to the usages and principles of law. (2) The powers vested in it by statute, including the provisions of this title.

Source

Since the King's Bench has been dissolved, that means that the Supreme Court of PA, if anything, has zero power. See here.

I think maybe this is a bunch of horse poo on this site.

edit on 14-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravisBickle451

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
40 'facts' most people don't know-

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Ill bet most wont believe it!

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I'm having watching people going bonkers over stuff they dont really know about!

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
People in the US have no idea how the law has been used as a weapon against them.

Originally posted by NONPOINT21
Sad thing is nobody believes these things. People are too busy caring about materials and status when they should focus on family and these truths.

Sometimes I think would it be better to be a sheep and asleep. A lot less stress would come from it but in the end I love the fact that I think freely and maybe that is the only freedom I'll ever truly have and I'm fine with that. My search for truth will continue regardless of opinions of mindless sheep.

And if you look around this is as accurate as it gets, each generation dumber and more materialistic.

Listen to all the self-righteousness! Sheesh!

It's very typical of the people around here to try to get any edge to make themselves feel "superior" to others. It's quite foolish since the moment people do know about this, you'll have to look elsewhere to know something "most people don't know." So it isn't difficult to imagine most people don't want others to know or else it kills their "superiority."

Bottomline is that several of these "facts" are not top priorities in the everyday existence of people who have lives and responsibilities to care for. It ridiculous to jump to the conclusion that people simply don't know some nugget of trivia because they are "too busy caring about materials and status." Give me a break! Just another exhibit of evidence that people just want to feel above others. Pure elitism.

Just because others are not like you does not make them sheep or any less free than you. In fact, they think freely, too. And for anyone that agrees with the idea that every generation gets dumber, just remember you are not the first generation.

PS - I'm almost sure this post might get erased/blocked by admins/mods, but that'll just help prove my point to me and anyone else that gets the chance to read this. "Deny ignorance...."

edit on 2012.11.13 by TravisBickle451 because: ...

I was going to say something just like this, but, the formulation and structure of your thoughts in your sentences said it perfectly.
edit on 14-11-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

just adding my two cents! you can go into court and ask to be judged as a `real person` ,but that really screws them up,and it usually doesnt pass.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Well if all of this is true and the world still works how it does then it is only logical to assume that most people do not know, because if they did, they would be rather angry about it.

And your statements kinda reflect yourself when you think about it, instead of being on one side or the other (as outlined by you) you have etched out a third, even more exclusive, place for yourself ie: the person who knows better then everyone else.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

Exactly mate, I thought as much reading his rant as well!

Just checked out your short story, pretty good
Did Red Dwarf have an influence, it reminded me of the novels, especially Doug Naylor's style!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Some of the things that were put up there were kind of miss directed. Just thought I'd clear the air...

23. Britain is owned by the Vatican. (Treaty of 1213)

It was only under vatcan control and only for 5 years.

Pope Innocent III placed the kingdom of England under an interdict for five years between 1208 and 1213 after King John (King of England, reigned from 6 April 1199 until his death) refused to accept the pope's appointee Stephen Langton as Archbishop of Canterbury

wiki.answers.com...

24. The Pope can abolish any law in the United States. (Elements of Ecclesiastical Law Vol.1 53-54)

This is not true.The Pope can abolish any law made bya a BISHOP in the united states. The elements of eclesiastical law is on cannon law. In other words, religous rules.

www.archive.org.../54/mode/2up

This one hit the Nail on the head though...

The etymology of government means to control the mind. From Latinised Greek gubernatio ”management, government

Origins of Govern

late 13c., from O.Fr. governer (11c., Mod.Fr. gouverner) "govern," from L. gubernare "to direct, rule, guide, govern" (cf. Sp. gobernar, It. governare), originally "to steer," a nautical borrowing from Gk. kybernan "to steer or pilot a ship, direct" (the root of cybernetics). The -k- to -g- sound shift is perhaps via the medium of Etruscan. Related: Governed; governing.

www.etymonline.com...

Ment - Meaning mentality

Food for thought.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
you can go into court and ask to be judged as a `real person` ,but that really screws them up,and it usually doesnt pass.

Actually, if you do that all you get is blank looks as your statement is meaningless.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The etymology of government means to control the mind.
or From Latinised Greek gubernatio ”management, government”,
or from Ancient Greek κυβερνισμός, κυβέρνησις (kybernismos, kybernesis) “steering, pilotage, guiding”,
or what ever this is κυβερνάω (kybernao) “to steer, to drive, to guide, to act as a pilot” plus Latin mente ”mind”,

seems to check out all right, and all definitions are applicable, makes sense,
words are an awesome way to trek through history, family names too, though I'm surprised historical info such as above has not since been re-written,

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

The truth is best hidden among lies......we will never notice the real issues as were to busy getting ruffled over The Filler.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

He is right because anything someone else posts on the internet has to be true. Im a french model, wee

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

most people are stupid! prove me wrong! they like being that way! its easy!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobidinc

etymology is one of the best gifts us humans gave to ourselves! too bad most of us don't understand what we are actually saying when we talk! present company excluded!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
here's another fact....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

lol mate... what edge? An edge in an internet forum? Grow up.

This is how it works.

1. Person opens thread with something false.

2. Second person comes and says "listen, thats wrong because [insert fact here]"

3 First person says "oh... thanks! I could have believed this and made a fool out of myself prolly in real life if I wasnt informed"

See...? But no. Not here on ATS.

1. Person opens thread with something false.

2. Second person comes and says "listen, thats wrong because [insert fact here]"

3. First person says "WHY DONT YOU LET ME BELIEVE, YOU DEBUNKING EGOMANIAC THAT WANTS TO GET AN EDGE"...

What...? Look people are just doing you the favor of keeping you well informed. Want to believe in the freakin tooth-fairy, go ahead...

So yes, deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobidinc
The etymology of government means to control the mind.
or From Latinised Greek gubernatio ”management, government”,
or from Ancient Greek κυβερνισμός, κυβέρνησις (kybernismos, kybernesis) “steering, pilotage, guiding”,
or what ever this is κυβερνάω (kybernao) “to steer, to drive, to guide, to act as a pilot” plus Latin mente ”mind”,

seems to check out all right, and all definitions are applicable, makes sense,
words are an awesome way to trek through history, family names too, though I'm surprised historical info such as above has not since been re-written,

Yeah -- but the suffix "ment" or (Latin) "mente" means "using the mind" or "with the mind". It does NOT mean to do something "To the mind" (such as control the mind).

Furthermore, the etymology of "government" is from the French. The French added "ment" to the end of action words (verbs) to make them nouns. The French "-ment" suffix specifically means "result of the action"

So....

"Government" (a noun) is the result of "governing" (a verb)
"Management" (a noun) is the result of "managing" (a verb)
"Appointment" (a noun) is the result of "appointing" (a verb)
"Payment" (a noun) is the result of "paying" (a verb)
"Announcement" (a noun) is the result of "announcing" (a verb)
"Retirement" (a noun) is the result of "retiring" (a verb)

Et cetera and so on.

So, "government" means simply the "result of governing", NOT "governing to control the mind".

edit on 11/15/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join