It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Survive a Killer Pandemic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Flu bugs like the cold - and now is when they spread here in the Northern Hemisphere. Might as well be prepared. FYI - the next Super Flu pandemic strain just might be H5N1 Bird Flu - it's been mutating and looks about ready to go nuts. The situation isn't great - antivirals don't work; there probably won't be a vaccine in time and people don't trust them anyway; hospitals still don't have enough respirators; governments won't shut down schools or businesses, trade or travel (because the economy can't take the hit) - so whatever comes will spread like wildfire. Worst of all, the new killer strains use the immune system to create a "cytokine storm" and kill the healthiest, strongest and youngest people - NOT the "immune-compromised," chronically ill and elderly - so we'll have sick people taking care of other sick people.

The best defence is isolation - so pack that bug-out bag. Collect essentials - from water to meds to food and everything else. [Anyone got their list handy?]

By all means - boost your immune system but STOP if you get sick - avoid that "cytokine storm"! [Some herbs and spices fight flu without boosting the immune system - turmeric, green tea, oregano - complete list anyone?]

Set up a 'buddy system' with your neighbors.

Use ice baths to bring down fever...

I know we have Members who are on top of this stuff - more info please?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I don't know if it is on a list or not but for the past 12 years I have fought the flu and colds and bronchitis even pnuemonia with hot peppers/hot sauce.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

If, (big if) we were going to be hit, it'd take place (in my humble) along the east coast. The trauma, cold, stress, sanitation issues in New York and New Jersey are a perfect breeding ground.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
feel good foods...

Of course if you're into spicy like me and use it often you must amp the dosage (I have been eating straight hot peppers for years so I will add plenty plenty plenty more than my usual intake to help)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I agree with you. We eat hot peppers like they are going out of style and hardly ever catch the viruses that are making the rounds. Peppers are good for preventing stomach and gastrointestinal ailments as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Beezzer is right....I'd tell everyone to get out of the east coast if they can...and if they can't stay away from people. Neither is a possibility for me, can't go west cause I'm broke and can't keep away from people as I have kids that go to school and they could bring it home. :/

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

New York is a breeding ground but I'd be more worried about c-MRSA there. H5N1 bird flu is hitting Asia really hard again - and according to the replikin count, has increased to be more infectious and even more lethal to humans ...

The H1N1 pandemic of 2009 was predicted one year in advance by observing an increased Replikin®Count. Currently, the human lethality rate of H5N1 has increased to its highest level ever, as predicted by the increasing Replikin®Count of the p B1 'Lethality' Gene (1) as well as clinically (Figure).

The H5N1 virus previously has not been very infectious and has not spread easily to humans. (WHO total of 566 human cases since 2003.) However, in 2010, the Replikin®Count of the HA 'Infectivity' gene of H5N1 increased (2) predicting the outbreaks which have occurred in Cambodia and Vietnam in 2011-12 (1). In 2011 the Count has increased further to its highest level since the discovery of H5N1 in 1959 (p

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The real problem I personally face is that in our small community people are always in denial and send their sick kids to school anyway. By the time an outbreak happens everyone is already infected. To wait until it strikes our community would be too late, I need to stay on top of things before it hits my area and then keep the kids home and send their work by mail to the school. The school hates this and during the Swine flu pandemic had zero tolerance for my stance. My fear is that they will make vaccines mandatory and if I refuse then DFS gets called in and I am chalked up as a nutjob conspiracy case.

I hope you are wrong this time my friend.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If it's particularly bad (where you can't get out of bed) I have a special chicken soup recipe where I add whole fresh garlic and the hot pepper to it, and eat that. That's a triple whammy against the flu!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
just wait...
statistics tells that approx 20% will be imune and survive an killer pandamic...
you might be lucky....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
feed a cold,starve a fever as always worked for me.feel a cold comming on just pull a chair up to the fridge and have at,for me it does not seem to matter what i eat just as long as i eat.and a fever go to the couch with a pile of movies drink just enough to keep from getting dehydrated eat nothing to very,very little and nap for a day or two and fever will always break for me.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Chili, garlic both has important antioxidants, these two are good for preventing flu and they increase our metabolism when viruses leave the body faster. Black currant juice is good and have a lot vitamin c.
Some say Booze is good ( i have no experience to back this up ) it kills viruses and bacteria.
Also having zinc daily prevents flu.

Last time i had flu was when i was a child, so i guess i have been doing something right ? I just love spicy food and garlic

Latest studies says using normal hand soap is better than using disinfectants

edit on 13-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No one outside the super wealthy and special government agencies that live underground will survive a real pandemic...Oh there might be a few that survive due to their Genetics, but for the most part everyone else will succumb, especially if its a modified brand.

if you want to walk around the rest of your life with garlic canisters strapped on your face, or self contained biosphere, then you might be ok, if not? then quit worrying about it

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am gonna barricade me house and shoot everyone with some type of penicillin-shot out of my shotgun.
Seriously though, I will clean my house and get some sanitizing wipes, hand-sanitizer, etc to keep up afterwards. Also, one extremely important thing they teach you in the military: Don't touch your face. Keep your nasty little mits away, always.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

Its harder than you think, we touch our faces 3-5 times a minute, we need paperbags to protect our faces from ourselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
No one outside the super wealthy and special government agencies that live underground will survive a real pandemic...Oh there might be a few that survive due to their Genetics, but for the most part everyone else will succumb, especially if its a modified brand.

if you want to walk around the rest of your life with garlic canisters strapped on your face, or self contained biosphere, then you might be ok, if not? then quit worrying about it

Not true the black plague was a pandemic and there were more survivors than not.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Black plaque was a pandemic in era when people were travelling on horsebacks, now we have airplanes, trains and cars, we move from spot A to spot B in speed that no-one is safe from pandemia.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I have to say, out of the heavy drinkers I know...none of them ever seem to get real sick.

I can't imagine that a daily intake of booze is good for the immune system, so I have no idea how it works.

I do know that if you feel like crap, getting a buzz makes it more bareable.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This would be THE worst!

If something's going to come along and kill us all I'd much rather have it be quick and painless.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

I dont know I think that if you were prepared to hunker down when it hits and you do not end up with it you can survive. Not sure how long you would have to stay in with this one maybe Sop can answer that one?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join