It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend Commited Suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I am upset for you just having read this...I'm very sorry..You have a lot of friends here on ATS and I consider myself fortunate to be among them. Remember your friend and Trust that time heals all.

tom

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Very sorry about what happened, condolences to you, his family and his friends. I am sure I speak for others when I say you have touched many of us here on ATS and we are here to support you in this difficult time. Please feel free to u2u me if you feel the need.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
chin up, some awesome little baby just poped into the world ^^ to make some family very happy, all because of your friend 8o)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am very sorry for your loss. Suicide is hard for many to understand.

It is actually not uncommon for people to seem happy before committing suicide, because they have made the choice and feel the burden of life lifted off of them.

Sometimes with mental illness, it is not even a long speculated decision, if their brain goes haywire, they will suddenly say screw it, and take their life.

I almost lost my step sister last year, no one knew, she didn't tell anyone. But when my stepmother didn't hear from her, she called her work, work said she took a 2 month sabaatical. So my step mother found her apartment completely clean, everything packed, and her affairs in order basically.

My stepmother managed to stop her, but not many are so lucky.

Don't do the woulda coulda shoulda, there was nothing you could do.

Just know that he has finally found peace.

And lobby in the future for mental health recongition, and removing the social stigma, and educating people.

But yes, med changes are always serious, though healthy people can't understand why.

As I mentioned in Heff's thread, my divorcee, is in serious crisis mode. He just went through a med change, almsot got fired and had to take this week off work, and is in a very scarey condition, all from a med change.

Of course his shrink hasn't called him back in 2 days. His uncle also went through a med change, and tried to commit suicide, and was in the hospital for weeks, he went into a coma from ODing.

There needs to be more legislation and seriousness taken for those with mental illness.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Very sad. You mention he recently stopped his meds? Do you know if they were ssri's? I took them when I was 18 for about three months, then decided to stop abruptly, and almost died. Completely crazy, no control over emotions, total lack of sense of self, horrible experience. I never understood how someone could kill themselves until I experienced that withdrawal. SSRI drugs must be taken carefully, and I hope doctors are today giving patients the knowledge that you will go through withdrawal if you do not ween yourself off of them....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Sorry to hear of your friends untimely death.
Hopefully he is in a better place.My condolences go out to you and everyone he was friends with as well as his family.

I too, have first hand knowledge of how you must be feeling. I lost a good friend of mine some time ago. ( I think you help keep their spirit alive by thinking of them, and remembering them.) He was the kind of man nobody was a stranger, and would have given you the shirt off his back, if he thought it would help you out.

It does get a little easier in time,though you have that space in your heart that only your good friend could fill. They'll always be missed.

Good luck, sometimes it helps to stay busy.

edit on 13-11-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

edit on 13-11-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sorry to hear of your loss. I have had a dear friend of mine, that had chosen the path of your friend. I think of her often.
Just remember that time heals. They are in a better place. Trust me.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, all his troubles in this world are done with. Getting off his meds was a bad idea and probably what contributed to his sudden death. I take it he must have been manic depressive or bi-polar? Fine one minute and the next, hanging themselves in the closet. Hard deal. I had a friend shoot himself in the head with his .357 magnum, never even saw it coming and it was because his ex-wife took his daughter from him. Closed casket funeral, not much left of your head when you use a magnum.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Oh Honey what is there to say but I am so sorry. (hugs to you). What a sad sad tragedy.

Hugs are good. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hey Night

Im terribly sorry for your loss. Even as a pen friend and not physically close, you form emotional/mental bonds and hurt just as much. I hope you can be there for the others who are touched by this terrible thing.... as some of us can be here for you.

If you need me.. you know how to get me. I can be an ear.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

As with my brother...seeing his wife that way...just sucked the life out of him...he developed colin cancer and was gone in a year

Not surprising I had a small stroke, a couple heart procedures.....but this is not about me....

God put you in a special position to connect with your friend...and you did. Who knows really, but the truth be known? Perhaps by being that friend who was there for them...you kept them alive awhile longer...

Dont beat yourself up over this...mine was traumatic enough that now...3 yrs later...Im suffering a bit with Post Traumatic Stress..but Ill be ok, you know?

It doesnt have to be that way with you. Remember the good, and that there wouldve been nothing you could have done.
...except what you did do...you were there. And God Bless you for that.

Again...the U2U stands...anytime.
MS

You are very sweet. You have been through a lot and are still standing inspite of it all. I often say that we must be warriors in life as we fight against the darkness that often finds us. The U2U goes both ways. I am always here and willing to listen. Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am very sorry to read of your loss. The going off the meds and then trying or accomplishing suicide, hits very close to home. While I will never encourage suicide for obvious reasons, I can understand the amount of mental pain that one can have and the need for release of that pain. Mental pain can be every bit as tortuous as physical pain. It can consume a person.

I can also say, with certainty, that your friend appreciated you so very much and that you did contribute to making the life he had, better. It can be so hard for someone with mental illness to find even just one person who shines a light in their world and I believe that you did that for your friend.

I hope that your friend is finally at peace, I believe they are and I hope that you cherish the good memories and take solace in knowing that you did make a difference for him even though the outcome was what it was.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
I join with the others in wanting to comfort you. Each of us will have to deal with death in our own way. It is fruitless to try to understand a person's reason for ending their own life. The most productive thing we can do is recognize what that person meant to us and be thankful we got to know them. Cherish the things they did and said that communicated their love to you. I am glad you posted here on ATS. I am realizing more and more what a special community we have. Peace to you and all those who have lost loved ones.

Thank you so much! We do indeed have a special community here. Our ATS family is just wonderful and always here for us when we need them the most. We never have to feel alone in our struggles or sorrow.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom

I am upset for you just having read this...I'm very sorry..You have a lot of friends here on ATS and I consider myself fortunate to be among them. Remember your friend and Trust that time heals all.

tom

Thank you friend! Yes, it is always upsetting to hear such things. I do feel he is finally at peace and that helps.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Very sorry about what happened, condolences to you, his family and his friends. I am sure I speak for others when I say you have touched many of us here on ATS and we are here to support you in this difficult time. Please feel free to u2u me if you feel the need.

That is so sweet and I thank you. I too am here for anyone who needs to talk and am just a U2U away. I realize that we have many members going through different kinds of struggles in their lives right now and how difficult that can be.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Man I can't even imagine that. I mean I've heard of suicide but for it to actually happen. Look on the.bright side though, atleast you know that he is in a better place now. Sorry NightStar.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
chin up, some awesome little baby just poped into the world ^^ to make some family very happy, all because of your friend 8o)

You must mean reincarnation. I sure hope we get a say in that choice. I know myself, I would never choose to come back here, but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This let's me know that no matter how bad I have it right now, some people got it worse and I can get through this.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I agree right now, earth is not the best place to be.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I am very sorry for your loss. Suicide is hard for many to understand.

It is actually not uncommon for people to seem happy before committing suicide, because they have made the choice and feel the burden of life lifted off of them.

Sometimes with mental illness, it is not even a long speculated decision, if their brain goes haywire, they will suddenly say screw it, and take their life.

I almost lost my step sister last year, no one knew, she didn't tell anyone. But when my stepmother didn't hear from her, she called her work, work said she took a 2 month sabaatical. So my step mother found her apartment completely clean, everything packed, and her affairs in order basically.

My stepmother managed to stop her, but not many are so lucky.

Don't do the woulda coulda shoulda, there was nothing you could do.

Just know that he has finally found peace.

And lobby in the future for mental health recongition, and removing the social stigma, and educating people.

But yes, med changes are always serious, though healthy people can't understand why.

As I mentioned in Heff's thread, my divorcee, is in serious crisis mode. He just went through a med change, almsot got fired and had to take this week off work, and is in a very scarey condition, all from a med change.

Of course his shrink hasn't called him back in 2 days. His uncle also went through a med change, and tried to commit suicide, and was in the hospital for weeks, he went into a coma from ODing.

There needs to be more legislation and seriousness taken for those with mental illness.

I am glad that your step-sister is still here and hope that she is feeling much better. It is a shame that your divorcee and his uncle has to deal with the aftermath of med changes. Wow, I sure hope things change for the better for all of them. Meds are such a tricky thing. Please know that they will be in my thoughts and prayers hun.

I have helped a few people in my lifetime avoid suicide, but realize that I can't help them all. I am only human, can only try, the rest is up to them. For some, life just becomes too overwhelming, they feel they have reached their limit of suffering and it doesn't matter what anyone says or does. What matters is that they are no longer suffering, that they have finally found their peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join