It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend Commited Suicide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This man was a pen-pal of mine for years before I ever had a computer. This morning I recieved a call from one of his relatives to tell me that he passed away, he commited suicide. I had just spoken to him last week and he was so happy, so positive...

This man had some mental problems for years, nothing violent or anything. He was on medications and recently decided to come off them, saying he felt better, clear-headed, inspired. Then wham! Gone! All his friends said the same thing, there was no indiction that he was even thinking of such a thing. This often happens with suicide victoms, leaving family members and friends shocked.

I'm not sure why I am writing this. Maybe it's to acknowledge that a decent human being, a friend of many years is gone. Perhaps to honor his memory, to let the world know that they have lost one more special soul, or to just say that I am so sorry he felt so badly that he had to end it like that. I know in my heart that his suffering has ended and that he has finally found his peace.

Still...I cry for the loss of life, for all his friends and family members that never got to say goodbye.

Goodbye old friend. May your new journey be wondrous and bright. I will remember you.

It's sad. It always is when we lose someone.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am very sorry to hear this, Night. I know it must be difficult. You have made a huge, positive influence on people's lives, including mine. Sometimes it's unpredictable, people are unpredictable. He probably didn't realize what it would do to him to go off his meds, that depression would overwhelm him. These things happen (as tragic as they are.) It's impossible to know exactly why he took his life. You had no way of knowing either. We can't save everyone.

Just want to remind you what you've done and meant for me, and to others. You’re a bright star in my eyes, always.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

My Dear Friend Night Star, I am Sorry to read about your friend, What a tragedy, the best thing you can do, Is Exactly What you stated. Continue to Remember Your Friend and Think Good thoughts.
Hang in there, I understand why you posted hear, It helps, it is kinda like therapy.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
I am very sorry to hear this, Night. I know it must be difficult. You have made a huge, positive influence on people's lives, including mine. Sometimes it's unpredictable, people are unpredictable. He probably didn't realize what it would do to him to go off his meds, that depression would overwhelm him. These things happen (as tragic as they are.) It's impossible to know exactly why he took his life. You had no way of knowing either. We can't save everyone.

Just want to remind you what you've done and meant for me, and to others. You’re a bright star in my eyes, always.

Thank you so much. You have been the most amazing friend ever and have helped me in my own life in so many ways and I am ever so grateful.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

My Dear Friend Night Star, I am Sorry to read about your friend, What a tragedy, the best thing you can do, Is Exactly What you stated. Continue to Remember Your Friend and Think Good thoughts.
Hang in there, I understand why you posted hear, It helps, it is kinda like therapy.

It is indeed my friend. Thank you so much!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

There is a great darkness that overcomes people when they go off of psych medications that they have been on for years. I have personal experience through a very close person to me. First off the physical withdrawal is horrible and lasts months.

This friend chose to go off of the medications because they weren't helping. After years of switching medications, and going from doctor to doctor. Undergoing "cocktails", as they call them, of combination therapies; some of which medications were added just to alleviate side effects caused by other psych meds.

This person has had a couple of suicide attempts since. These aren't the type of suicide attempts meant to garner attention. This person was literally saved from, or robbed of, death by family members.

I am so sorry for your loss.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've been in your shoes. I spent a long time asking myself why that person had done it. Finally I realized that it was what he wanted and he no longer had to live with the inner torment that he dealt with.

In that sense, I was glad for him. Sorry to see him go.....but he is finally free.

Sorry for your loss.
edit on 13-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am sorry for your loss and everyone else who lost this man as well. Anti-depressants = suicide when some goes off them... WTF? I have always found this incredibly odd, look into it. Big Pharma knows this is an epidemic but refuses to give it any more attention than other side effects, such as dry mouth.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Sorry to hear...I found my sister-in-law in the basemetn after hearing a loud bang outside. She put a sawed off shotgun to her chest and leaned back against the wall before she pulled the trigger...Im still not completely over it....and I dont think you ever really DO get over these things.

Then my brother...he couldnt live without her and was with me when we found her...and at that? He just gave living, and shortly after, he was gone too. I took care of him until the end.

Dont blame yourself in any way...no matter what you think as in "I shouda-coulda-woulda" and maybe you couldve done something..so its not something you can do to change fate.

I'd like to tell you it gets easier with time, but it really doesnt...it just fades a little. Cherish the memories...it sounds like you too as well...like my later brother and his wife..had a wonderful relationship.

You gotta think that God put you in that place for them.

God Bless...and U2U me anytime...Peace, Love and Light
MS

Hey God bless you

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I’m sorry to hear that.

The happiness you talk about he was having in the last few weeks was that he already made his mind. In most suicides people seem to be happier than the norm right before they kill themselves. There like this because they have already made up their minds and no longer live with guilt.

Sorry for your loss

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

There is a great darkness that overcomes people when they go off of psych medications that they have been on for years. I have personal experience through a very close person to me. First off the physical withdrawal is horrible and lasts months.

This friend chose to go off of the medications because they weren't helping. After years of switching medications, and going from doctor to doctor. Undergoing "cocktails", as they call them, of combination therapies; some of which medications were added just to alleviate side effects caused by other psych meds.

This person has had a couple of suicide attempts since. These aren't the type of suicide attempts meant to garner attention. This person was literally saved from, or robbed of, death by family members.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you. I am so sorry to hear of your own friend and their struggles. It is sometimes difficult finding the right meds at the right dosage. There are many who are helped and go on to lead fairly normal and satisfying lives. I wish the very best or your friend.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I've been in your shoes. I spent a long time asking myself why that person had done it. Finally I realized that it was what he wanted and he no longer had to live with the inner torment that he dealt with.

In that sense, I was glad for him. Sorry to see him go.....but he is finally free.

Sorry for your loss.
edit on 13-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Yes I too am sorry to see him go and sorry that his life was such a struggle, but I feel that now he can find the peace he so desperately needed and feel he is in a better place. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
I am sorry for your loss and everyone else who lost this man as well. Anti-depressants = suicide when some goes off them... WTF? I have always found this incredibly odd, look into it. Big Pharma knows this is an epidemic but refuses to give it any more attention than other side effects, such as dry mouth.

Thank you!
A good doctor will always tell you to not go off those meds cold turkey. Some people when they feel better after taking the meds decide they don't need them anymore. Some will be on meds that arn't helping and get frustrated after trying a couple of different things then just stop altogether. There are luckily those who have found the right meds at the right dosage and are doing very well.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Sorry to hear...I found my sister-in-law in the basemetn after hearing a loud bang outside. She put a sawed off shotgun to her chest and leaned back against the wall before she pulled the trigger...Im still not completely over it....and I dont think you ever really DO get over these things.

Then my brother...he couldnt live without her and was with me when we found her...and at that? He just gave living, and shortly after, he was gone too. I took care of him until the end.

Dont blame yourself in any way...no matter what you think as in "I shouda-coulda-woulda" and maybe you couldve done something..so its not something you can do to change fate.

I'd like to tell you it gets easier with time, but it really doesnt...it just fades a little. Cherish the memories...it sounds like you too as well...like my later brother and his wife..had a wonderful relationship.

You gotta think that God put you in that place for them.

God Bless...and U2U me anytime...Peace, Love and Light
MS

Hey God bless you

OMG How horrible that must have been for you. I am so sorry to hear this. I don't blame myself in any way. It was what he decided to do. His mind was made up or he would have reached out to someone. He knew there were people in his life who would have helped if they could. I think he just got to a point where he was tired of all the years of struggling and overwhelmed and needed a release.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i sincerely hope he finds what he was looking for.

life is a hard thing.

made even more difficult by mental illness.

sorry for the loss.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I’m sorry to hear that.

The happiness you talk about he was having in the last few weeks was that he already made his mind. In most suicides people seem to be happier than the norm right before they kill themselves. There like this because they have already made up their minds and no longer live with guilt.

Sorry for your loss

I did think of that. The thing was that he was planning on moving back to his home town and all his belongings were packed as though he were still planning to go. I don't know what went through his mind or at what moment he decided to end it all. Thanks for your comment and sympathy.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
i sincerely hope he finds what he was looking for.

life is a hard thing.

made even more difficult by mental illness.

sorry for the loss.

You are so right, life is a hard thing for most people, never mind those with mental disorder. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Oh Honey what is there to say but I am so sorry. (hugs to you). What a sad sad tragedy.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

As with my brother...seeing his wife that way...just sucked the life out of him...he developed colin cancer and was gone in a year

Not surprising I had a small stroke, a couple heart procedures.....but this is not about me....

God put you in a special position to connect with your friend...and you did. Who knows really, but the truth be known? Perhaps by being that friend who was there for them...you kept them alive awhile longer...

Dont beat yourself up over this...mine was traumatic enough that now...3 yrs later...Im suffering a bit with Post Traumatic Stress..but Ill be ok, you know?

It doesnt have to be that way with you. Remember the good, and that there wouldve been nothing you could have done.
...except what you did do...you were there. And God Bless you for that.

Again...the U2U stands...anytime.
MS

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I join with the others in wanting to comfort you. Each of us will have to deal with death in our own way. It is fruitless to try to understand a person's reason for ending their own life. The most productive thing we can do is recognize what that person meant to us and be thankful we got to know them. Cherish the things they did and said that communicated their love to you. I am glad you posted here on ATS. I am realizing more and more what a special community we have. Peace to you and all those who have lost loved ones.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join