It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother is Getting Death Threats From Trained Killers!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
maybe next time he will learn not to mess with people he is not prepared to deal with.

Trained killers sounds like mafia hit men. The title is a little misleading. They are men and women who are trained in war. They probably are just sick of idiots giving them crap for doing their job.

If he is scared, then he should apologize on FB and withdraw from it. If he is not scared and believes in what he said, then he should be content to live with the consequences.

He is trying to act tough. He has to prove it should the situation call for it, or apologize now. Not a half apology, but humbly and sincerely ask for mercy. Hopefully they are not as judgmental as your brother and will accept his apology. Although being shot at for the prosperity of ungrateful and ignorant people might make you REALLY angry when they insult you from their moms house through an internet connection they don't pay for.

edit on 14-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ussoldier

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by HeartOfDixie
actually they are not all trained to kill. im not sure which part of the army it is but they go in to an area that has become stable with armed guards of couse but just to build relations and help everyone in the area. yes there are the guys that go in set up an ambush kill and leave. but saying all the army are trained killers. not true.

They get training on how and where to fire a weapon. They don't shoot to maim, they shoot to kill if needed. They are trained how to kill.

Yep. My cousin who served in two wars said to me exactly "I'm trained to kill someone". We don't need to white wash it or try to down play what the truth is. They are trained to kill.

All troops go through basic training, which is exactly that. Basic weapons training, GFT, and tactics. After Basic If you are not a combat troop you go to your AIT school for your MOS, most will forget what they learned at basic when they leave AIT. There are many support troops that don't remember how to load a 240B, S.A.W., or M4. They were trained to kill but after getting training for their primary MOS they forget what was taught at basic.

Now if you are a combat troop like Infantry then, Yes I would say they are trained to kill. We go to OSUT for basic and infantry school. Everything you say or do is about killing. When we march our cadences are about killing, when we are told to "Take your seats" we sound off with One Shot One Kill.When you get to your unit you will still get constant training to kill. We have to master every weapon system. So my opinion is only Combat Troops are "Trained Killers"

Infantry units have more physically-demanding training than other branches of armies, and place a greater emphasis on discipline, physical strength, fitness and spontaneous sustained aggression. The infantryman himself, with or without his personal weapon, is considered a weapon system.The role of the infantry is generally defined as engaging the enemy at close proximity and kill or injure them utilizing their rifle, pistol, bayonette, entrenching tool, or even their bare hands

I forgot to put in my 2 cents.. I could care less what some boy says on Fbook about us It wont change how I do my job. He is entitled to his opinion.
They aren't going to do anything to your brother. If they were going to do something they wouldn't say it, our best asset it the element of surprise. They are just trying to scare him and I think both parties are stupid.

Yes there is freedom of speech but sometimes you will be held accountable, use common sense or it can be considered hate speech. "the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, as with libel, slander, obscenity, sedition including inciting hatred and violence"

As for the soldiers, they are just as stupid for making threats online. We are held to a higher standard and are supposed to be professional at all times not act like thugs.
edit on 2012/11/14 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Most regular military outfits are a bunch of chumps. I wouldn't really be worried if I were him.
You say they are all trained killers? ha. The majority of them can't even carry out a decent fist fight.

-2/75
edit on 14-11-2012 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
Most regular military outfits are a bunch of chumps. I wouldn't really be worried if I were him.
You say they are all trained killers? ha. The majority of them can't even carry out a decent fist fight.

-2/75

Well...why don't you just march on over to FB, post that as your new status.....

\Des

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

-2/75

Well...why don't you just march on over to FB, post that as your new status.....

Des

I very well would if I had a Facebook. But I don't.
Ever been in the military? You would know what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

-2/75

Des

I very well would if I had a Facebook. But I don't.
Ever been in the military? You would know what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You're a female aren't you? If not, and you are indeed a male, then I know surely you're not 11B or 11C. (ARMY)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

who said ANYTHING about being Army?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
reply to post by resoe26

ME I said something about the ARMY.
Obviously you're a female. And obviously that disqualifies you from 11b & 11c in the ARMY.

-So what branch are you? are you even in the military of have been in the US military?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

Obviously you're a female. And obviously that disqualifies you from 11b & 11c in the ARMY.

-So what branch are you? are you even in the military of have been in the US military?

firstly, im not a female, weird how you assume a lot.

you said "Most regular military outfits are a bunch of chumps"

then i said "

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

then i said "

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

its been my experience that even Air Force guys (and women) dont take crap from anyone. if we get offended, you will hear about it.

im not in a "combat job" i deploy to combat zones. im a flightliner, f-15 avionics. for a "non-combat" career field even we are hard @sses.

and thats just the Air Force. i imagine Army/Marines would be quick to put you in your place, especially the ones with a military branch in their family tree. we feel the need to back our respective branches (as our family) on top of the fact that my whole family served or still serving in the military (multiple branches).

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

firstly, im not a female, weird how you assume a lot.

then i said "

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

for the most part it is whatev, im a laid back GUY. until i feel offended.

and again, NOT a soldier. Air Force.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

its been my experience that even Air Force guys (and women) dont take crap from anyone. if we get offended, you will hear about it.

im not in a "combat job" i deploy to combat zones. im a flightliner, f-15 avionics. for a "non-combat" career field even we are hard @sses.

and thats just the Air Force. i imagine Army/Marines would be quick to put you in your place, especially the ones with a military branch in their family tree. we feel the need to back our respective branches (as our family) on top of the fact that my whole family served or still serving in the military (multiple branches).

Air force guys badasses??
I was in the Army guy. I'll give you a star if you can guess what unit.
Off base by Ft. Lewis/McCord I once knocked out a Air Force guy.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by MDDoxs

like i said the post was obviously made to garner some attention but is it right for these people to threaten his life when all he did was state his opinion?

It is amazing to me what people will put on FB. Little kittens pretending to be big, tough lions. Perhaps he is just contending for the Darwin Award: You do something stupid, you die.

it seems like all these people know is KILL KILL KILL, and if someone dosent agree with exactly everything i do? hell, kill them too.

What? They're just expressing their opinion, same as your foul-mouthed brother. And I think you are over-stating the case. Your brother isn't dead. Neither are you. And if that happens? Collateral damage. Oops.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I honor my grandfather for his service. He once told me, "Don't ever let someone shut you up. I fought for this country so that you can speak".
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Now this is what honouring our armed forces is really all about . Those men really believed we were under threat from the fascist empire and they decided that they were not going to stand for that and they fought for their children and grandchildren to be free .
But every 60 or 70 years another generation comes along and wants to take those freedoms again . Its a never ending cycle due to human spit between good and evil tenancies and one has to stand ones grounds not to be bullied and thats what Hitler was and his troops, bullied .

The rest of the world had to deal with the transgressions of the German state . and all paid a huge price . Now the bullies have armed themselves with super high tech weapons itching to strike anyone anywhere . It no longer chooses country against country its choosing the worlds peoples , as its battlefield now

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Originally posted by mwood

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
wanna know what I think?
gear up and be ready to kill them back IN THE EVENT is happens.
I am sided right there with your brother,honestly though I wanna know how his FB status got shared in the way it did?did one of your bro's friends or something think it would be funny?or did someone else he add have a hand in it?
People in the Military think they are above Civilians somehow,idiots.

They are above you because they had the balls to step up and do something with their lives instead of just whining about everything on the internet.

Um, you can do something with your life that doesnt involve being brainwashed in the military right? Maybe, college? Invent a cure to cancer, or being a diplomat trying to PREVENT senseless killing. Those are much better choices than becoming just a cog in a huge machine.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, all those people brainwashed by the military like JFK. C'mon, that is a bit silly.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Well it is brainwashing. Not saying it is not effective in creating a soldier, but it is brainwashing nonetheless. You are broken down then built back up as a soldier.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

that same process is necessary to excel in anything you do not know. You first eliminate your preconceptions of it and then learn from scratch. You can't have a system of anything if everyone that begins it starts in a different direction and takes their own path.

If you want to learn how to paint, you learn the basics, you do not finger paint and go from there. If you want to excel you need to deconstruct your mind and rebuild it.

The military is no different since they have to learn many new skills we do not just fall into the habit of perfecting.

There is a common misconception that most soldiers are brain washed and incapable of "enlightened" thoughts that civilians who live a life of peace supposedly have.

I would suggest they study the life of the samurai Miyamoto Musashi. He was a raging lunatic as a young man who sought glory and battle. He died an enlightened master and wise man who contributed much to our understanding of spiritually. His path was the sword. All paths are valid if the individual is ready to take each next step in the journey of a thousand miles. They all get you "there".

Warriors and the path of the warrior are closer to real enlightenment because they face death and are more intimate with it, so weighing their lives and every action as if they were the last. They can find a deep meaning to life and mortality few have the chance to even get a glimpse of.

Look to the merry soviet army as it was fighting a terrible battle with the German troops in WW2. When they turned in for rest they were in an eternal celebration of life, since every night could be their last. Every drink, plate of food, cigarette, intimate moment, was a victory over death for them.

Even they were more qualified to speak of life and its intricacies or the human condition than a well read and scholarly student of enlightenment. He may not have looked up from his books to celebrate the life he was given. He may have only studied it looking for intellectual growth. What will he be able to tell you? How to study it? Certainly not how to LIVE it or what it means to him.

A man that greets death at his door step with a smile has more inner peace than the man that closes his door to it out of fear.

from Miyamoto Musashi´s five rings books.

The Book of Void

Although short, the void book lists, philosophically, the nature of both human knowledge and other things. The void book expressly deals with "That which cannot be seen".

"By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist."

The Book of Nothing, according to Musashi, is the true meaning of the strategy of Ni Ten Ichi Ryu. It seems very esoteric in nature because he seems to note that you must learn to perceive that which you cannot understand or comprehend. He notes that in this Void, what can be comprehended are things which we do and see, such as the way of the warrior, martial arts, and Ni Ten Ichi Ryu. At the same time, in the Void, things we do not do or see (which he calls Spirit), are part of the information which we perceive on a conscious level, but with which we have no physical relationship. It is arguable whether Musashi is referring to religious spirituality or if he is actually explaining a way to live a life and process thoughts.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness."

In the above quote, Musashi speaks of "virtue and no evil". This may mean "goodness and banishment of evil" or "purpose and non-existence of good and evil", and the exact meaning is open to debate.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join