It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother is Getting Death Threats From Trained Killers!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
1. I personally DO NOT agree with the wars.....

2. I do not agree with our foreign policy...

3. I DO NOT not consider our military men and women "trained killers"

4. I do support AMERICAN CITIZENS who are sent into harms way of a just cause or an unjust one.
(they don't pick where they are sent)

5. When you run your mouth in the real world, sometimes ya eat some knuckles.

6. When you run your mouth on the internet, sometimes ya get tracked down...

He was out of line and should post a huge apology.....or take what comes.

He has the right to post whatever he wants because of those "trained killers" doing their job in the past.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Forgive me, but my confusion is mounting. Would you be so kind as to explain how this ties into the thread? I don't quite see it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
wanna know what I think?
gear up and be ready to kill them back IN THE EVENT is happens.
I am sided right there with your brother,honestly though I wanna know how his FB status got shared in the way it did?did one of your bro's friends or something think it would be funny?or did someone else he add have a hand in it?
People in the Military think they are above Civilians somehow,idiots.

They are above you because they had the balls to step up and do something with their lives instead of just whining about everything on the internet.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
if they are real and genuine death threats, he needs to involve the police and facebook management.

it doesnt matter if you like what he said, he has a right to free speech.

i kind of agree with him. war is abhorrent, and glorifying the troops only makes it easier to continue with wars..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
To bad your mom, sisters, and brothers might get hurt or killed too

maybe you should tell your mom about it?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
1. I personally DO NOT agree with the wars.....

2. I do not agree with our foreign policy...

3. I DO NOT not consider our military men and women "trained killers"

4. I do support AMERICAN CITIZENS who are sent into harms way of a just cause or an unjust one.
(they don't pick where they are sent)

5. When you run your mouth in the real world, sometimes ya eat some knuckles.

6. When you run your mouth on the internet, sometimes ya get tracked down...

He was out of line and should post a huge apology.....or take what comes.

He has the right to post whatever he wants because of those "trained killers" doing their job in the past.

No he should not. He should call the non-emergency number and inform them of ALL of the people who made serious threats. A lady says she thinks it would be good that Obama gets *expletive removed*, and she has the secret service at her door. At the least these troops should get a warning if not a full on dishonorable discharge. No need to abuse your brain washing *cough*, sorry "training".

By take whatever comes, you mean a time consuming court case to get these people charged with criminal threatening right?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

wanna know what I think?
I am sided right there with your brother,honestly though I wanna know how his FB status got shared in the way it did?did one of your bro's friends or something think it would be funny?or did someone else he add have a hand in it?

They are above you because they had the balls to step up and do something with their lives instead of just whining about everything on the internet.

Um, you can do something with your life that doesnt involve being brainwashed in the military right? Maybe, college? Invent a cure to cancer, or being a diplomat trying to PREVENT senseless killing. Those are much better choices than becoming just a cog in a huge machine.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Free speech. He can say whatever he wants. Everyone can say whatever they want. Regardless of subject matter, unpopular speech is what these troops are supposedly fighting for. You don’t need to fight to preserve popular speech like “this is great, and so is this”. But unpopular speech like this needs to be protected. He hasn’t harmed anyone. To receive threats via the internet is repugnant and cowardly. Particularly from trained and paid soldiers toward a civilian presumably with little or no combat training. It’s like a pit bull taking on a golden retriever in a fight. One is bred and trained for battle, the other simply is not. Anyway, they’re keyboard warriors most likely with absolutely no intention on carrying out their threats. Why would they ruin their own life by traveling to this fellow’s house and killing or bashing him senseless over something so trivial like a facebook statement? Makes no sense and sounds like it belongs back in early high school or primary school; “say that about my mum again and I’ll knock ya teeth out!”. Storm in a tea cup, but don’t ever say that he shouldn’t have said it because at the end of the day, he and we all can say whatever the hell we like, regardless.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Read first page comments. lots of typical responses that your brother deserves death threats .
Hmmm...well if this is the level of the people on this site , then what a sorry site or rather , what a sorry lot of misery guts people on this site .

Hands up who remembers Stick and stones may break my bones

But names will never hurt me .

Try to grow up just a little people . The younger brother was name calling by saying Fu*ck you .about your f**ked up actions in wars .
So kiddies hands up who likes wars .

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
This past veterans day my younger brother posted a status update on Facebook.

this is that update in its entirety:

We remember our own countries murderers but forget about all the innocent people killed in all these pointless f---ing wars. That's right! They are people just like you and I. I don't support the troops. I don't support the f---ing wars. I don't support the killing on either side of any war. So in turn: F--- THE TROOPS! F--- THE WARS! F---THE KILLING! AND F--- you IF YOU SUPPORT ANY OF THESE THINGS TOO!!!

i know, my brother is a very vocal and opinionated individual.

this,however, is where things start to get messy.

somehow the above quoted status update ended up on the facebook page Awesome S--T my drill sergeant said.

since then my brother has been recieving an obscene amount of death threats thorough FB!

these people are, as i understand, for the most part enlisted soldiers. my question is:

how is it legal for military men to threaten death on a civilian!?

obviously the status update was made to garner some semblance of attention but my brother was not expecting to recieve death threats from TRAINED KILLERS!

these people are even going so far as to attemt to ascertain my brothers whereabouts. a house we share with our mother another younger brother two sisters and as many as three children depending on my mothers babysitting status at the time.
needless to say, i'm a bit worried myself.

a man named Bobby Ciceroni has even said he is coming to florida, oh i guess i should have mentioned they found out we do , in fact, live in florida, and i quote

" Im gonna beat your scrawny little asses for your lack of respect. You want to believe something is one thing do put it on a social network for the world to see is my problem. And I did say ASSES!!!!!"

so ATS, whats your take on the situation?

It's not legal. Bring it to the authorities attention, and hopefully the soldiers will be reprimanded. Your brother has the right to free speech, and nobody should threaten him for exercising that right.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
your brother is an idiot and maybe he should be put in his place.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

Right, because some sections of society isn't capable of seeing one person act like a moron, without acting like a moron.

My thoughts are, so what?, just more bluster and hot air in a world of the same, and why would you want to see him "Put in his place" for exercising free speech, particularly when that free speech does not affect you, in any way, at all?.

And if anyone does feel offended by it, i think you need to grow up a little bit.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

wanna know what I think?

Okay, so someone is "above" another person if they exhibit a lack of critical thinking skills and will go and kill another person for pretty much no reason other than, they are told to because they have resources the people, originating the orders, would like for themselves?.

Far as im concerned, anyone that avoided any kind of armed service, and would refuse it, is far more emotionally advanced, and in possession of a bigger pair of balls than your average unthinking "serviceman".

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

lol... I for one think your brother is completely correct. I am not American, but knowing the disgusting things the troops of my country have done, I say F them too. Especially these recent and current conflicts in Libya and Syria and the middle east. I am absolutely disgusted at the way our western governments have manipulated us into fighting these wars, and the number of innocent civilians killed in the process. It's not at all surprising he got death threats for saying something like that, just goes to show many soldiers are indeed sociopaths who can't handle a little bit of criticism. They are so entangled in the illusion of "national pride" that they can't even see the noses on their own faces. What he said is 100% true imo, but he was stupid to post it on FB where anyone can see who he is and easily track him down.
edit on 14/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Your free guide to trolling the world:

* To make Muslims mad, insult their prophet.
* To make Americans mad, insult their troops.
* To make the British mad, insult members of royalty.
* To make the Chinese mad, insult their penis size.
* To make Australians mad, insult their beer selection.
* To make ATS staff mad, mention a certain plant.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Your free guide to trolling the world:

* To make Muslims mad, insult their prophet.
* To make Americans mad, insult their troops.
* To make the British mad, insult members of royalty.
* To make the Chinese mad, insult their penis size.
* To make Australians mad, insult their beer selection.
* To make ATS staff mad, mention a certain plant.

Hilarious. All of them are so true as well. I personally like the last two the most. (my dad is Australian, and I am half)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

lol... I for one think your brother is completely correct. I am not American, but knowing the disgusting things the troops of my country have done, I say F them too. Especially these recent and current conflicts in Libya and Syria and the middle east. I am absolutely disgusted at the way our western governments have manipulated us into fighting these wars, and the number of innocent civilians killed in the process. It's not at all surprising he got death threats for saying something like that, just goes to show many soldiers are indeed sociopaths who can't handle a little bit of criticism. They are so entangled in the illusion of "national pride" that they can't even see the noses on their own faces. What he said is 100% true imo, but he was stupid to post it on FB where anyone can see who he is and easily track him down.

Very true, I would save it for an anonymous forum like this.

I am guessing you are in the UK? If so, then ya, your troops are some of the worst, at least in the past.(pre-1940's mostly)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
These people making threats are no different than Muslims who believe they have the right to kill people if they post an offensive picture of Mohammed!

Although I agree with this statement, and find that nothing warrants death-threats, we may have run into a bit of a quandary. Can ATS objectively judge a death threat based on someone's publicized opinion as something troubling, or will mob mentality reign, where reason is ignored and "burn the witch" is screamed?

I must admit, I didn't think ATS would jump at the chance to punish a person for exercising their freedom of speech - something I thought would be staunchly defended here. Wow. Just, well...wow.

I wonder how all of us would feel if this was a story about someone receiving death threats from local LEO's after insulting them on FB.

edit on 11/14/2012 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
After my own grandfather served in WWII, he renounced his bronze stars and became completely anti war. He threw them into a fire in front of my family, back in the mid 50's. He was ahead of his time. He suffered severe PTSD and had to be medicated until he died. I used to live with my grandparents off and on, and remember the nightmares he woke up from, screaming, crying, and would throw up. He was tormented by what he saw and experienced in the war until the day he died.

He raised me to understand the true cost of war and what it does to a person's mind and soul. Including what it does to the victim's families.

I am anti war, I am against killing. I am against cowardly drone strikes, and I'm against funding of the MIC when our country is sinking into economical hell and the numbers of people on welfare are rising and public education is suffering greatly. Our money needs to go to the people and not on these endless wars.

Now with that said, I have often posted about my views and have received threats and nasty PM's here right on ATS. That is fine. If they want to support their wars and killings, then they may do so, but i won't and I'm very outspoken about it.

I applaud your brother for enacting his freedom of speech and saying what is on his mind. He must remember though, sometimes freedom of speech comes with a consequence, so if he is not willing to stand up and take the fall out of his convictions, then he better sit down and be silent.

Sometimes, it is better to stand alone, when standing with the crowd does not seem to be the right thing. When you go against the tide, you'll get slapped by the onslaught of rough waves.

This is going to be a big problem that we will see a lot more of in the years to come in this country. If you do not support the endless wars, the TSA, the patriot act, etc. you will be seen as a domestic terrorist.

What is truly sad is, our soldiers are considered a threat of domestic terrorism when they return home from fighting for their country.

I honor my grandfather for his service. He once told me, "Don't ever let someone shut you up. I fought for this country so that you can speak".

I honor all of my relatives for their service as well, Vietnam, Korea, Gulf War I, and II. But I can tell you that after their service, they too have changed their minds and hearts about these endless wars.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by HeartOfDixie
actually they are not all trained to kill. im not sure which part of the army it is but they go in to an area that has become stable with armed guards of couse but just to build relations and help everyone in the area. yes there are the guys that go in set up an ambush kill and leave. but saying all the army are trained killers. not true.

They get training on how and where to fire a weapon. They don't shoot to maim, they shoot to kill if needed. They are trained how to kill.

Yep. My cousin who served in two wars said to me exactly "I'm trained to kill someone". We don't need to white wash it or try to down play what the truth is. They are trained to kill.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by HeartOfDixie
actually they are not all trained to kill. im not sure which part of the army it is but they go in to an area that has become stable with armed guards of couse but just to build relations and help everyone in the area. yes there are the guys that go in set up an ambush kill and leave. but saying all the army are trained killers. not true.

They get training on how and where to fire a weapon. They don't shoot to maim, they shoot to kill if needed. They are trained how to kill.

Yep. My cousin who served in two wars said to me exactly "I'm trained to kill someone". We don't need to white wash it or try to down play what the truth is. They are trained to kill.

All troops go through basic training, which is exactly that. Basic weapons training, GFT, and tactics. After Basic If you are not a combat troop you go to your AIT school for your MOS, most will forget what they learned at basic when they leave AIT. There are many support troops that don't remember how to load a 240B, S.A.W., or M4. They were trained to kill but after getting training for their primary MOS they forget what was taught at basic.

Now if you are a combat troop like Infantry then, Yes I would say they are trained to kill. We go to OSUT for basic and infantry school. Everything you say or do is about killing. When we march our cadences are about killing, when we are told to "Take your seats" we sound off with One Shot One Kill.When you get to your unit you will still get constant training to kill. We have to master every weapon system. So my opinion is only Combat Troops are "Trained Killers"

Infantry units have more physically-demanding training than other branches of armies, and place a greater emphasis on discipline, physical strength, fitness and spontaneous sustained aggression. The infantryman himself, with or without his personal weapon, is considered a weapon system.The role of the infantry is generally defined as engaging the enemy at close proximity and kill or injure them utilizing their rifle, pistol, bayonette, entrenching tool, or even their bare hands

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join