It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother is Getting Death Threats From Trained Killers!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Praetorius

I'm actually pointing out that one's actions have consequences. Beyond that, I have no investment.

Perhaps it might be advisable to lend more consideration to such sweeping statements in the future, then, as an extremist on the liberty front could take just as much offense with your views here as the respondents to OP's brother took, and could threaten you every equally. I doubt you would take such an agreeable tone with the exact same sort of unreasonable responses in such a case.

While life might be such, that does not always make it right. Cannibalism, pedophilia, and other such unsavory things occur in natural life, but are likewise frowned upon in civilized human society.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I am quite certain there are extremists (probably here) certainly on the 'net...

I suppose the *brother should have also thought of that.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I am quite certain there are extremists (probably here) certainly on the 'net...

I suppose the *brother should have also thought of that.

I don't disagree. And I suppose you should also think the same.

Regardless, I don't think the response of such extremists to your own opinions would be any more or less justified than they are in response to those mentioned in the OP. Your approval of their extremist responses is no less stupid than my own to any likewise threatening you for your responses would be.

I may find your implied approval here both ignorant and distasteful, but I won't wish for or approve of ANY possible physical reprisal or scare tactics against it, however much I feel that you also should have thought of such possibilities.
edit on 11/13/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

How old is your brother? He seems very young and immature.

We all need to be careful what we say and do. Words are powerful; and many people do take their opinions to the extreme.

Suggestion: Your brother should be persuaded (perhaps by you) to do (damage control); and go viral with an apology.

Unfortunately...someone from the responses he got...may actually follow through with their words. I hope and pray they don't.

I think you and/or someone should sit down with the entire family; discuss this situation; learn from it (again-post an apology).. and move on.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
your brother is an idiot and maybe he should be put in his place.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Caladonea, I respect your thoughts here, but I will say God forbid we ever all have to go through life apologizing to all we may have offended. I can see his thoughts as utterly justified, however shortsighted they may have been, but even if I was completely at odds with him, it is his God-given right to say as he sees fit, if the quote is accurate (and regardless if it's not!).

You could choose to say the foulest things I've ever not even yet thought of, but I would NOT sanction anyone threatening your life over it, or require a retraction - I would simply choose to fight you with words if necessary to highlight how wrong I found your opinion to be and let shame itself determine your course.

Be well.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
Maybe he shouldnt be saying "f*ck the troops" on a public forum and expecting nothing to happen. he should man up and face the consequences of his actions. or atleast put out an apology. hopefully nothing happens to your brother and/or family but if something does happen its your brothers fault.
edit on 13-11-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

saying "F*** YOU" is not a crime...assaulting someone however is a crime...If he gets hurt in any way...it is not his fault and the law will back him up 100% on that.

Since when does being a troop mean you get to do whatever the hell you want and supersede laws because someone doesn't like you and disagrees with your choice??

He should face the music to the social consequences, might lose some credibility, might lose some friends, might even get some hate mail and some return fire verbal abuse...THAT is an acceptable normal consequence that he should accept responsibility for....Getting his ass kicked or worse however...na, that aint his fault...someone else has to make that choice.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by Destinyone

he knows that know, i told him he should set his profile to private.

He should apoligize before hand.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

reply to post by Destinyone

he knows that know, i told him he should set his profile to private.

He should apoligize before hand.

2nd line

I think he should demand an apology and retraction from everyone who threatened him first, for the thing to make any damned sense.

This is the United States of America, not the Touchy-and-Feely Land of Restraining Your Opinions So You Don't Offend Someone's Delicate Damned Sensibilities.

Some people are offended by the killing of civilians, invasion of nations without justification, and various other things - but I didn't see OP's brother threatening to kill or otherwise physically assault any of those supposedly doing such. Did you?

This whole thing went stupid when it went past discussion and debate - and all those on the FAR SIDE of that divide are in the wrong.
edit on 11/13/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

reply to post by MDDoxs

like i said the post was obviously made to garner some attention but is it right for these people to threaten his life when all he did was state his opinion?

it seems like all these people know is KILL KILL KILL, and if someone dosent agree with exactly everything i do? hell, kill them too.

what he was saying is more than an opinion, its offensive. so saying what he did, to offend people, he should expect the attention.

Praising troops for having killed people (mostly innocent bystanders) is offensive.

People seem to think it's okay to say "F--- the terrorists", in regards to innocent families that have been tortured, murdered, and had their bodies desecrated with urine and feces. When the fact is, who should we really be praising?

Murders?

If you want to praise murderers for going into battle as a pawn on a chessboard. So be it.
Respect should go to the ones who have lost their lives at the hands of these killers.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I think he needs to apologize, its not like all the troops want to be there, or kill.
They are just doing that they are told. I can see how some solders may take offense to that.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is a land of the free(well what the gov lets of get away with) and he has a right to do say what he did, but somethings may need to be kept in your head. As in not post it on the biggest social networking site in the usa. kinda asking for some hate by posting something like t hat on a day meant to honor our vets not hate on them.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
actually they are not all trained to kill. im not sure which part of the army it is but they go in to an area that has become stable with armed guards of couse but just to build relations and help everyone in the area. yes there are the guys that go in set up an ambush kill and leave. but saying all the army are trained killers. not true.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeartOfDixie
actually they are not all trained to kill. im not sure which part of the army it is but they go in to an area that has become stable with armed guards of couse but just to build relations and help everyone in the area. yes there are the guys that go in set up an ambush kill and leave. but saying all the army are trained killers. not true.

They get training on how and where to fire a weapon. They don't shoot to maim, they shoot to kill if needed. They are trained how to kill.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

They get training on how and where to fire a weapon. They don't shoot to maim, they shoot to kill if needed. They are trained how to kill.

true i guess it would be their motive and intentions to help? that would set them apart from combat troops

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Your younger brother displays language that angry people use. Angry people kill when given the right circumstances.

I'd say your younger brother needs to grow up a lot. Sadly, I bet he hasn't learned his lesson. I'd bet that he gets beaten up sometime for his attitude and language combined when used in the wrong place, and I'd bet one day he also causes violence if someone doesn't beat some sense into him (excuse the pun)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

true i guess it would be their motive and intentions to help? that would set them apart from combat troops

Yes. That makes more sense.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Usually, I try to be measured and reasoned in what I post, but CagliostroTheGreat has me so confused that I'm just spinning things off the top of my head, no offense intended.

CagliostroTheGreat's brother seems to be an attention seeker. After looking through the thread I wonder, is CTG's brother actually himself?

Second, what does he want from this thread? He received every possible response in the first couple of pages. Are we not telling him what he wants to hear? What does he want to hear? Or is he trying to send out an opinion piece about "terrorist killer soldiers?"

I just don't understand, somebody want to help me?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Trolls gotta eat.
I fed him, thought he'd be full by now.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm sick and tired of these pro war mongering morons saying "support the troops." This is blatant propaganda to further support the war in Afghanistan. You want to support the troops? Bring them back home and quit selling their lives to Halliburton!

Better yet, if you want to support the troops, why not listen to them? Ron Paul received more donations from military servicemen then all the other candidates COMBINED.

Support the troops, but don't listen to them, and keep sending them to die for Israel.

We can all rest better now.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join