It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd huge pic a friend posted on facebook... you think it's galaxies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Right away I said photoshop but supposedly the url is from nasa itself. I only have the pic as she posted the pic, but I figured I'd drop by and ask your opinions. If it IS photoshop, why is it on a NASA site? If it isn't photoshop, then those 'galaxies' are some kind of ships.

I still think it's photoshop but WHY? if anyone can find more info/proper link for this, I'd totally appreciate it. I feel bad I can't be of more help than just the pic and my 2 cents worth.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Theres a thread, with a video about this on here somewhere. I saw it but didnt comment in it, sorry im to lazy to look it up for you

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Are you talking about the reflections of the buttons on the window?

Or am I missing something?

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

The blue "UFO" that's about dead center in the pic.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I believe it is an astronaut flashlight that floated away by accident!

Or maybe not!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

There is also something visible to the upper left of the satellite dish.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah I'm lost as to what they are as well. Perhaps that vid the one person mentioned would put it into sense. As to what they are right now xD The middle one, I totally 'see' Star Trek Enterprise.

I mean they could be galaxies with just uber bright stars shining like that but...... I'm really unsure. I'm pretty sure if those three things WERE ships, NASA would have hid this pic like no tomorrow xD

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
Are you talking about the reflections of the buttons on the window?

Or am I missing something?

Peace

The 'nose' of the ISS or whatever it is, look a 'foot' in front of it. See that galaxy? Make hte pic big and look at that galaxy. and there are two other galaxies below the ISS or whatever it is. Those too. :/ I know it has to be eye tricks but I want opinions regardless.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

No, I don't think it's photoshop. I've seen this picture somewhere else but I can't remember where. Actualy ther are two "objects". If you blow them up and flip one of them you can see they are both of the same configuration. If they were reflections of the same thing I figure they would be both angled the same way but they're not.

Here is a quick PS I did.

But definitely not Galaxies.

edit on 13-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think it looks like this:

Stargate- Tribute to F-302

I enjoyed watching it.
edit on 11/13/2012 by earthalien50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I dont know what they are but I can almost guaranty that they arent galaxies.
The pic is from a regular camera, not from a telescope, you cant really see galaxies like that without a telescope.

And I did look but cannot find the thread with the video. The search engine on ats is terrible.
edit on 11/13/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Looks like sunlight reflecting off a planet if you ask me

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

It's not that bad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i see nothing odd, galaxies do look like that. and the one i saw on the image is probably andromeda, our next door neighbor. it's visible from earth, that's how it looks from the iss.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Oh well.. fail on my part then

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

i see reflections of the inside of the iss where the photo was taken, that's why they appear doubled.
now what's dead center on the image is a galaxy, much likely m31, you can see it from earth with your own eyes, why not on a regular camera from the iss?

it appears like that because it's the closest one to us, in fact it's on a collision course with our own galaxy.
but don't worry that's only 4billion years from now.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Galaxies are very faint, so there's no way a galaxy could be visible in this photo. You need an exposure of several minutes to capture a galaxy, and certainly not in bright sunlight like in this photo.

This photo was taken through a Shuttle window (you can see some ghostly reflections on the left), so my guess is that the "UFO" is a reflection of some light inside the Shuttle.

On the photo itself, you see the Hubble Telescope, which had been serviced during that Shuttle mission.

earth.jsc.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-11-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

The nearest galaxy is Andromeda, its 2.5 million light years from us and to the naked eye, it appears as a fuzzy dot in the starry sky.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Galaxies are very faint, so there's no way a galaxy could be visible in this photo. You need an exposure of several minutes to capture a galaxy, and certainly not in bright sunlight like in this photo.

This photo was taken through a Shuttle window (you can see some ghostly reflections on the left), so my guess is that the "UFO" is a reflection of some light inside the Shuttle.

On the photo itself, you see the Hubble Telescope, which had been serviced during that Shuttle mission.

earth.jsc.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-11-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

you are correct about everything except saying there's no way a galaxy could be visible in this photo.
that can be true for many galaxies, but not if it's m31 which is what it looks like to me.
dead center on the image, not the reflections on the left.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

i know that, it's that galaxy exactly i'm talking about.
actually looks like a fuzzy cloud, that's how i expect it to look in a picture taken from orbit.

no offense but this thread reeks of mis-education about space.
andromeda or messier 31 has to be second celestial object most mistaken for a ufo, right after venus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join