It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women in the militar is no different then Women in the Men's bathroom.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
lolz. Hmmm.. One line posts are frowned upon..
anic: Oh well. Dead topic
Noone will notice..

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
So, basically, Americans can't have women in the military because American men can't control themselves?

Exactly. That's what it has to boil down to considering that other countries have had women in their military for decades and haven't become emasculated or populated with sexually distracted soldiers. Any "problems" that have arisen in the military over the past two decades is from lack of leadership and what seems to be a void in teaching ethics and duty to post. It doesn't have anything to do with women in the military.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I don't know about you, but having a hot woman close to you is extremely distracting, and that is the truth. And distraction is a no-no in military life-death situation. I say let women be in the military, but not the hot ones, it would be both distracting and wasteful.

We need more of them in the gene pool!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
so lets just shove all us uglies into the military? Pfft. Men.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

men are weak. we are built that way...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think that having a situation on a battlefield where a soldier has the potential to "fall in love" with another certainly has it's disadvantages, whether female or gay soldiers are the subject. Don't get me wrong - either of these soldiers are capable of fighting as fiercely and effectively as any straight male soldier, but if in a combat situation if a person witnesses someone they "love" seriously wounded or killed, they would probably be more inclined to "lose it", consequences which speak for themselves. I believe all people can contribute to the military, and all should certainly have equal rights, but it does raise this issue..

[edit on 8/9/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I think that having a situation on a battlefield where a soldier has the potential to "fall in love" with another certainly has it's disadvantages, whether female or gay male soldiers are the subject. Don't get me wrong - either of these soldiers are capable of fighting as fiercely and effectively as any straight male soldier, but if in a combat situation if a person witnesses someone they "love" seriously wounded or killed, they would probably be more inclined to "lose it", consequences which speak for themselves. I believe all people can contribute to the military, and all should certainly have equal rights, but it does raise this issue..

sorry to be off-topic. but when i read "gay" in your post, I can't help but shudder imagining gays in the bathroom looking at the view, must be a jackpot.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In the British Army, women are not allowed in what we term as Teeth Arms, i.e. Infantry, Armoured cavalry etc. Basically anyone who is expected to close in with and kill the enemy.

I know that there are people out there who will disagree with me, but from my combat experience women as a group simply do not have the physical ability or aggression to do my job. I have no doubt that there are a few women who may be able to pass ITC, but they are a very small percentage of the gender. To waste training time and resources on the number of women who may attempt to join the infantry on the off chance that they are one of the few who may pass does not make sense. It is more sensible to focus training on thos who are more likely to pass the course.

From what I have witnessed of females in the Army, most have trouble passing even the most basic fitness tests which, might I add, had been adjusted and made easier for women in the first place. I have also witnessed them in training and in general the standard of military skills shocks me when compared to male recruits at the same stage in training.

I believe that there is a place for women in the forces, but there should be no special treatment for them. The idea of meeting female recruiting figures in order to create diversity just leads to a reduction of military effectiveness. Why should a woman have different training outcomes than a man simply because her body is built differently? Trust me, a 7.62mm doesn't make adjustments for dfferent sexes. If a woman is in a convoy that is ambushed, she will wish that she had to do 10.30 in her run instead of 13min.

If we insist on having women in the military, keep them in support arms. Unless you have seen the type of work that Teeth Arms have to do, you will probably never understand my focus here.

Another factor that might be new to you is the very introverted society that the Combat troops live in. An infantry battalion is a scary place for anyone not used to it, particularly in peace time. The attitudes and general behaviour of the lads is really quite nasty. A woman in this environment would be torn apart. She would have a nervous break-down in no time squared. The boys would be making every effort to get into her for the entire time she was with the unit. The expression "sexual harrassment" just doesn't do it justice.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Byrd
So, basically, Americans can't have women in the military because American men can't control themselves?

Any "problems" that have arisen in the military over the past two decades is from lack of leadership and what seems to be a void in teaching ethics and duty to post. It doesn't have anything to do with women in the military.

I agree here completely! Its the ethics, leadership and command..

Most guys will sit here and just think like most men do.. But those are the guys who forget, that there are many gay men in the military.. Thus they are around other men, all day long.

I say let women be in the military, but not the hot ones, it would be both distracting and wasteful.

So if you say that, then no hot guys either right? Or are you just being a pig?

sorry to be off-topic. but when i read "gay" in your post, I can't help but shudder imagining gays in the bathroom looking at the view, must be a jackpot.

You cant help but too shudder? Dude get a grip... How old are you anyway? You might find those who have such a BIG problem with these "gays' are what is called homophobics and are in the closet themselves..
Thats how it comes off to me anyway..

My girlfriend has a few gay friends, and yes they are in the military.. YOu dont have to shudder.. I mean come on.. You just simply know who you are, and know what you love. And then you wont be feeling the way you do. I suggest a deep look at yourself, before making such ignorant posts in public..

[edit on 8-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thank you for that post, zysin5.

In my work I deal with the military every day, Marines, Sailors and Airmen. In the past 12 years I have not met one openly gay soldier. Don't ask, Don't tell (Clinton). I know they are there, but really, who gives a flyin' ... These are people that wear the uniform, put themselves in harm's way to protect US. Who cares if that wrist is limp so long as it can hold a gun and pull the trigger? So long as he or she has the commitment to wear the uniform, Gods love 'em!

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Starlight Angel]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join