It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women in the militar is no different then Women in the Men's bathroom.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You can only send half the population off anyways, might as well be the male half, but you send both and you are reducing effeciency as pregnant women and couples have to be removed from the battle field. Posted by HKoT

Man, what planet are you from???

In a combat situation, do you really think you have time to be getting it on? If I had a female partner in combat, I would be MUCH more concerned with her weapons handling ability and accuracy than trying to get her in the sack, regardless of how beautiful she was. Besides, you really want to get it on when your both hot, sweaty, have had no sleep in 72 hours, getting shot at, have had little to nothing to eat, and both smell like a well used locker room?

In combat you have ONE priority, and one only... keeping your (and your partners) a$$ alive.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was going to reply to HKoT's silly decency remark, but FoxStriker and ilovepizza said it very well. good job.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If women want to serve they should be medics not warriors. They should either stay in the back line not the front line of fighting.

And as for "political correctness" its the worst thing since Clinton.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Dragonrider, you go through basic with two friends, one is a hot chick and yes, you have a fling with her but BAM war breaks out and now you find yourself in the position to save only one friend knowing the other will die, no time to act, who do you save? The woman.

What if she was just a runner, some supply jockie for the colonel and your other friend is as well trained as a navy seal?

I rest my case.

Thanks Jedi, this isn't about competency it's about dignity and decency.

Think back to the Titanic people, we all know some of the men who did make it off killed themselves because of disgrace, others changed their names because they couldn't do business, being known as having survived when women died.

Anyone who would allow women in the military is a sick bastard, and I pitty you all.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Dragonrider, you go through basic with two friends, one is a hot chick and yes, you have a fling with her but BAM war breaks out and now you find yourself in the position to save only one friend knowing the other will die, no time to act, who do you save? The woman. Posted by HKoT

First of all, perhaps I would be slightly ahead of you in this situation, as I am fully confident that I could maintain professionalism and avoid a "fling" in a circumstance where it would be inappropriate.

In the event where I am forced to choose who to save, I would save the one that I was able to save, the one that would have the most chance of survival. Its a classical question that is put forth to those who may potentially be given a command position. If one is wounded worse than the other, further away, not under cover, ect, and the other one is in a better position, you save who you can, dont go after someone who may or may not survive, and let the other die in the process. Gender would have no role in this situation (at least not if you were a professional about it).

*Note: Am I the only one picking up on the fact that HKoT seems to believe that females have next to no morals, and are only there for sexual service of the males around?

I would ask how do you reconcile the point that instructors at very high level tactical training facilities are the ones who train the SEALS ect?

HKoT, you can be as sexist as you wish to be. However, the decision was made, long ago, and not by you. Women are in the military, and they are not going anywhere. You can be as unhappy about it as you desire, and there will always be women in the military defending your right to gripe about it.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
HKoT:

Were you previously an ATS member under another name???

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You do think things through too much Dragon, I suppose that's not bad....intellectuals are good, but people aren't like that.

This very day women have to be taken off ships mid tours for pregnancy, for dating, for illicit sex.

The Military's rules haven't caught up to be in such an atmosphere, and they never should be.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't think women have no morals, I think women who have no morals have no morals

I think a woman who is good to her children and who finds one man, and like-wise to the man finding one woman and sticking together, raising responsible and educated children, is moral.

Not the date someone one week, another the next.

The military is a closed society and introducing women (Not a new thing, as it is today, has only been around since CLINTON), makes that society unstable.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This very day women have to be taken off ships mid tours for pregnancy, for dating, for illicit sex. Posted by HKoT

Please refer to my statement above regarding professionalism.

I never said every member of the military were professional, and your statement would prove that to be true.

Considering your thought process, if you are so afraid of such things, you would seem to fit into that class... maybe thats why you are not in the military?

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
HKoT, you might find this interesting... Team Tactics course, taught at Thunder Ranch, engineered for husband/wife teams.

Team Tactics expose clients to application of team concepts to shooting and confrontation management. Topics include: Cover fire, movement and fire, response to multiple threats, deployment to close quarters, and protection of yourself and your partner. Format addresses interior and exterior environments and is highly recommended for law enforcement officers or members of the same family (husbands & wives).
DHG 1 or equivalent required. Ammunition: *1000 rounds. 50% of ammunition required must be ball ammunition.

www.thunderranchinc.com...

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yeah you know, I'm not against women doing stuff, just not in the military for the same reasons it was "Women First" on the Titanic.

But you must realize not everyone would be as "professional" as yourself, so that's an added issue

Thanks for the URL.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
HKoT:

Were you previously an ATS member under another name??? - Dragonrider

Maybe Maximus Illuminati's Son

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
LoL nice guess fox, no.

Dragonridder might have been around long enough, but doubt it.

I'm good to get to know, you just haven't gotten to know me yet, hence why I throw crap after crap at ya. But you must realize, you're more liberal then I like 'em

There was a time when this post would have been more balanced, you scared away all the conservatives naughty people you.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
One of the best officers I served with was Lynda Bray. If some of you remember the operation in Panama you might recall the officer that led a platoon of MP's against Noriega's best and whipped them. That was Bray. She was a true leader and an outstanding officer. I'd serve with her anytime, anywhere.

BTW, she chewed tobacco and dipped Skoal but did not spit, she said that was unladylike. A fine Tennesse girl if there ever was one.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Reading this thread of yours deeply concerns me-not the fact that you think women shouldn't be allowed to fight in "war time" (which by the way-they aren't) women can join the military, and they can go to hostile areas, but they WILL not be fighting as the men do..
So now that we cleared that up.

Your "reasoning" here is well...disturbing and I'll tell you why. If I was drowning and a man was drowning and then a child was drowning...WHO would you choose to try to rescue first? The child...RIGHT? So then it would be "logical" of me to assume that children shouldn't be allowed to swim. OK so you saved the child. Now who is next? The woman RIGHT? So then women shouldn't be allowed to swim either. Now the poor man has probabaly already died by this time..but your choices were normal human instincts...face it.

Now on to your NEXT reasoning..SEX..it's not all about sex, and if you join the forces, you'd know this. I can assure you that military men aren't walking around looking at other military women and thinking "man, how I'd love to get a piece of that" Yes if she is attractive to you, then you may take notice of this. But tell me, HOW is this any different then ANY profession? Men and women work together under millions of different professions...do they not? So basically by your reasoning this would account for any profession...not just military. And if it's a problem for the men(since you never mentioned the women ogling the men) then it's THEIR problem, it's a personal issue within them. But the thing is, you can't speak for them. And the reason is you aren't in the military? So why are you saying these things? Want me to get my ex-to be husband on here and have him tell you the TRUTH? I will...no problem and I'm sure he'd be glad to help you with your "issues"

HKoT~I don't dislike you and I'm seriously not angry, well ok a little. I just can't for the life of me see your reasoning here. I have my reasons for not agreeing with women in certain branches and ares of the military. But it has nothing to do with thinking that a man would be consistantly thinking with his *pecker*(can I say that?) Because I can ASSURE you when it means life or death, you are thinking about saving your own ass and then you make the best judgement call on who is next to save. And no matter what you say or what you do..MEN will always choose the woman first. It is their duty as humans, it is all about the life that we bring to this world and lastly, it's all about the "motherly" way men see women. NOT sex! You never once mentioned about a womans choice...well let me tell you then..if it were a man, child, woman drowning in front of my eyes..it would be MY instinct as a woman to save the child first, then the WOMAN then try to save the man..you understand what I'm saying? I'm NOT going to judge you by far, but you seem to have a very deep resentment for women. And if there is any way I or anyone here can help you with that...I know I would be more then happy to do so

Magestica

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
...strange...women were highly regarded as great fighters amongst my people...they had to be, for someone had to gaurd the villages, children and elders while the young men were out fighting or hunting...

...to think a women is unable to handle combat is nonsence...I'll love to introduce them to my sister...they might be more than a little surprised at her abilities to defend/attack...though maybe would be more surprised when they find themselves staring up at the ceiling wondering what hit them...

Words like Chivalry and decency are often used as covers for a fragile male ego...whats the matter...afraid some dainty little dame would show up the big tough guy. Seems to me that some men feel threatened, that as the traditional male roles change they feel destabalised, out of place, without use...what are their roles now? Where is their place now? How do they define their 'man-hood' now?

Keeping male-only roles isn't about what is right for women...its more about cementing a place for those men who lack the ability to move on and redefine themselves...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

I do like this racist remark, very classy.

"What does a prom have to do with this, Whites should be allowed to have their "White clubs" and "white proms" if they want to, blacks have their black clubs and gangs."

[Edited on 5-5-2003 by Lysergic]

That is not a racist remark. The blacks have "The United Negro College Fund", "Black Entertainment TV", "Miss Black America". They are all black. But if a white person started a "Miss White America" all hell would be loose. Just cause the blacks were slaves does not give them any right to things like those.

So let them have a "White Only Prom", cause their's a "Miss Black America" gives whites the right to have a white onl;y thing.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
JediMaster - Theirs a history here you dont know about. Check out a post that was put up by absolute(Guy with the 2pac picture).

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This topic should be erased. The Woman is more powerful then any other creature out there. You sir obviously have no morals or decency. Think before you speak, Hammerite.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Can you show me that history Fox? A link maybe?

AV you always seem to be around when there is something "sexist" or "racist". Its like "My racist senses are tingling!".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join