It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Literal Genesis Chapter 1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hello,

Last night I worked on making a very literal translation of Genesis chapter 1.

I think this gets the "flavor" of Genesis Hebraisms into a very literal sense, let me know what you think,

I'm going to just post the text of it for right now, I will discuss more as people comment, thank you

Here is what I used for resources to make my translation: Westminster Leningrad Codex transliterated + prefix/suffix markers v1.0 ● Scripture4all Foundation
● Strong numbers for WLC v1.0.1 ● Copyright © 2009 Scripture4all Foundation
● Concordant Hebrew English Sublinear -idiomatic- v2.0.2 ● Copyright © 2009 Scripture4all Foundation

Also used the King James Version (AV - Authorized Version) and CLV (Concordance Literal Version) for cross-reference and examination,

Thank you and God bless

In beginning He created, Elohim, the Universe and the Earth

And the earth, she became chaos and vacant, and darkness
over surfaces of the abyss, and Spirit of Elohim vibrating over surfaces of the waters.

And He is saying, Elohim, he shall become light,
and he is becoming light

And he is seeing, Elohim, the light that good,
and he is separating, Elohim, between the light and between the darkness

And he is calling, Elohim, to the light day, and to the darkness he calls night, and he is becoming evening, and he is becoming morning, age one.

And he is saying, Elohim, he shall become atmosphere in midst of the waters, and coming is a separation between the waters and water.

And he is making, Elohim, the atmosphere, and he is sparating between the water which is under the atmosphere and the waters from on top the atmosphere, and he is becoming so

And he is calling, Elohim, the atmosphere 'heavens.' And he is becoming evening and he is becoming morning, age two.

And he is saying, Elohim, they shall flow together, the waters under the heavens to one place, and she shall be seen, the dry land. And he is becoming so

And he is calling, Elohim, the dry land, and the confluence of the waters He calls seas. And seeing is the Elohim that it good.

And he is saying, Elohim, she shall cause to vegetate the land, vegetation, herbage, sowing seed, trees of fruit making fruit to its from-kind, which seed of him is in him on the land, and he is becoming so

And she is bringing forth the land; vegetation, herbage, sowing seed to species of him, and trees making fruit which seeds of him are in him, to species of him, and seeing is the Elohim that it good.

And he is becoming evening, and he is becoming morning, age three.

And he is saying Elohim, he shall become luminaries in the atmosphere of the sky, to separate between the day and between the night, and they become for signs and for appointments and for days and years.

And they become for luminaries in the atmosphere of the sky to give light on the earth, and he is becoming so

And making is the Elohim two of the luminaries the great ones, the great luminary to ruling of the day, and the small luminary to ruling of the night, and the stars.

And bestowing them is the Elohim in atmosphere of the heavens, to give light on the earth

And to rule in the day and in the night, and to separate between the light and the darkness, and seeing is the Elohim that it good.

And he is becoming evening, and he is becoming morning, age four

And he is saying, Elohim, "Roam shall the waters with the roaming, living soul, with creeping, moving fish and creatures, and the flyer, he shall fly over the earth on the face of the atmosphere of the heavens."

And creating is the Elohim great monsters, great whales, sea serpents, dragons, the great ones, and every living moving soul, with which the water roams, for their from-kind, and every winged flyer for its from-kind. And seeing is the Elohim that it good

And he is blessing them, Elohim, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the water of the seas. And the flyer is to be increasing in the earth."

And he is becoming evening, and he is becoming morning, the fifth age.

And he is saying, Elohim, she shall bring forth, the earth, the living soul for its from-kind, behemoth, beast, all creatures and moving animal and land life for its from-kind." And coming is it to be so

And making is the Elohim, the land life for its from-kind, and the beast for its from-kind, and every moving animal of the ground for its from-kind. And the Elohim seeing that it good.

And he is saying, Elohim, "We shall make Humanity in Our image, after our likeness: and dominion they shall have over the fish of the sea, and over the flyer of the heavens, and over the beast, and over all land life, and over every moving animal moving on the land."

And creating is the Elohim Humanity in His image. In the image of the Elohim He creates it. Male and female he creates them.

And blessing them is the Elohim, and saying to them is the Elohim, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth, and subdue it. And have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the flyer of the heavens, and over the beast, and over all the earth, and over all life moving on the land.

And saying is the Elohim, "Behold, I give to you all herbage seeding seed, which is on the surface of the entire earth, and every tree which has in it the fruit of a tree seeding seed. For you it is coming to be for food.

And for all land life, and for every flyer of the heavens, and for every moving animal on the land, which has in it a living soul, all green herbage is for food. And coming is it to be so.

And seeing is the Elohim all that He had made, and, behold, it is very good. And coming is it to be evening and coming to be morning, age six.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Who is "He" ? God has no gender.

edit on 13-11-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

The Father prefers to be looked at as a male,

The Son is the image of the Father and obviously Jesus the Christ is male,

The Holy Spirit is a female aspect of the Lord, and Wisdom is affiliated with Her,

also if you notice, in the literal text, Father refers to the Earth as a "she", "mother earth",

I hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The Father prefers to be looked at as a male

Can you show the text, where this is said ?
My argument: The creator of this universe and all life is not comparable to a Father or Mother.
God is a form of force (energy).

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
ATTENTION

Please remain on topic.

No member has the right to tell another to 'go away'. Period. This is public space and ALL members have the right to post their views or opinions. If you would like to ignore them, than please do so.

Otherwise, please remain civil and on topic. Further violations will result in posting bans.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

The Father prefers to be looked at as a male

Can you show the text, where this is said ?
My argument: The creator of this universe and all life is not comparable to a Father or Mother.
God is a form of force (energy).

He's giving his translation and in that translation, the OP believes that the god refers to itself as a "he".

You can't argue gender since it is the OP's translation and has nothing to do with our opinions on its gender. I don't agree that it is a male but I agree that the OP's translation says it is a male.

Your argument is like arguing with a bunch of Trekkies using Star Wars rules and mythology. Why bother?

It doesn't matter because, in order to participate in the discussion, you should suspend your own beliefs temporarily otherwise it's a bit distracting. I'm guilty of it a lot, too.

edit on 13-11-2012 by Cuervo because: better analogy

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I appreciate you input.

Let me clarify something again that got deleted;

The Holy Spirit is known as the feminine aspect of God,

also notice how God refers to the earth as "she", "mother Earth" if you will....

The Father just prefers to be looked at in a male view, He is obviously not a He,

AV Jn 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

AV Jn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

AV Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

To picture God as a man on a cloud surfing around the sky is absurd,

God is the Creator and Sustainer of the entire Universe, every particle and every being seen and unseen,

The Son is the image of the Father we are to look up to and follow as humans;

AV Col 1:3 . We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

AV Col 1:4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love [which ye have] to all the saints,

AV Col 1:12 . Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

AV Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:

AV Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:

AV Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I worship multiple deities and I believe the creator one is feminine. But my defense of your translation is exactly that and I feel it is wrong to dispute your work on the grounds of personal belief.

On topic, your translation is interesting. I've always read Genesis as a story of a group of deities creating the universe and the first people and then another, separate god creating Adam and Eve. I'm looking forward to your translations of the Eden story.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

you should suspend your own beliefs

sorry, i don't agree. this is a discussion forum, it is normal to express opinions. say what you think. to wear one's heart on one's sleeve. talking tacheles is my credo and spirit. sometimes it offends people, because it is rough. but i have no evil intentions with this. when i was young, i sometimes made the mistake to use people as scapegoats for my own misery. today, i really regret that. everybody has to learn, i guess.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why the over use of the word Elohim? And it apears that you have God becoming what He is creating, the bible does not teach that God is in everything why have you done so in your translation?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Here is what I used for resources to make my translation: Westminster Leningrad Codex transliterated + prefix/suffix markers v1.0 ● Scripture4all Foundation ● Strong numbers for WLC v1.0.1 ● Copyright © 2009 Scripture4all Foundation ● Concordant Hebrew English Sublinear -idiomatic- v2.0.2 ● Copyright © 2009 Scripture4all Foundation

Can you use these things to translate The Chronicles of Narnia? I really like that big cuddly lion better than the god we now have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join