It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Hamas Assasinations Resumption In Gaza Considered By Netanyahu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Israel Hamas Assasinations Resumption In Gaza Considered By Netanyahu

www.huffingtonpost.com

Israel is considering resuming its contentious practice of assassinating militant leaders in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip in an effort to halt intensified rocket attacks on Israel's south, according to defense officials.

That Israel might renew a practice that brought it harsh international censure is evidence of the tight spot Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is in. With Israeli elections two months away, rocket barrages from Gaza are disrupting the lives of 1 million residents of southern...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
edit on 11/13/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hamas is not my favorite governmental organization but they are the elected leaders of Gaza. Can we at least now finally admit that the Israeli government is also a "terrorist organization"?

There are many sides and aspects to this conflict and I am not trying to take sides, even though I do sympathize for the people of Gaza due to their harsh treatment by the Israeli government, but at the same time I do not condone the offensive militant actions of Hamas.

Let me point out that not all Hamas militant actions are of an offensive nature as many of their attacks are of a defensive nature as Israel also practices pre-emptive strikes.

Any government who openly admits to state sponsored assassinations should be considered a terrorist organization. Hamas is considered a terrorist organization so it's only fair that the Israeli government is be held to the same standards, the United States governmenet as well since they also approve the use of state sponsored assassinations.

Am I correct in this comparison?

Please share your thoughts.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yes, they are terrorists. AND the fact that Bibi walked out of the UN meeting when his "nemesis" Ahmadinejad rose to speak makes him look like diplomacy is at the BOTTOM of his "tactics" list.

I personally am so over this "Israel" stuff. I was looking up this morning about why on EARTH the US has to support them, or what the big deal is. Yeah, yeah, it's about the holocaust and right to exist and all that. Or is it? Over the years there have been threads regarding this topic. I saw some on the search function.....

I don't see any reason for the US (or any major nation) to just devotedly "support them" when they've proven that support is NOT used for good. Aside from them being non-Muslim, what? What do they have to offer anyone?

I think they are behaving just like the other people in that region; using force and barbarity rather than diplomatic problem-solving, and frankly, I'm SICK TO DEATH of it.

They're not all that special. But then again, every country has its flaws.
I just don't see why the USA (I know you're not from here, OP) has to support them.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

My leaders (the Canadian delegation) also walk out when Mahmoud gets up to speak, and we also openly advise against the application of a Palestinian state so I feel your pain as our leaders do not speak for us. I also consider my government to be a terrorist organization due to the policies they practice abroad.

As for why the US supports Israel there are many reasons and quite a few of them could be disputed which I won't get into too much at this time. My main concern is that the Israeli government is openly advocating the assassination of members of a democratically elected organization. If Hamas, or members of the Iranian government were to openly call out for the killing of leaders from the American or Israeli governments there would be quite the media storm so I felt that I should share this to demonstrate the hipocrisy when it comes to ME issues and the standards that certain players are held to.

I am also sick of all the death and violence due to the instability of that region.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

So....maybe in this thread (go you!) we can find out why, exactly, Israel needs (or deserves) the support of anyone at all.
Thanks for opening up the conversation! (s/f)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Am I correct in this comparison?

In my view absolutely correct , trial by rocket launcher .

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Netanyahu and his administration are mouth foaming megalomaniac warmongering lunatics.

Israel set up Hamas to counter Arafat, but when that didn't work, Arafat mysteriously died of unknown cause's, and Hamas got elected which backfired on Israel bigtime.

This is all Israel own making, and they are dragging the world into there mess, Israel has become so arrogant, she openly talks about assassinating elected leaders now, instead of be-hide closed doors.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Yes, Israel has long been suspected of sponsoring assassinations. The leader of Hamas in Dubai and the scientists in Iran are just a couple examples. But for them to openly say this pretty much tells me that they plan on bombing the # out of the Gaza strip and justify it by saying they are "assassinating militants" while the women and children who die will be considered collateral damage or it will be blamed on Hamas for hiding behind civilians...where the heck are they supposed to hide as Gaza is a small piece of land with a large population density which is already in ruins.

As for your mention of the Israeli creation of Hamas I agree

But you just opened up a whole can of worms now, get ready for the supporters of Israeli atrocities to flame you but who cares what they think anyways!

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Assassinating rag heads isn't hard.

Quoted for ignorance

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Sir, i don't mean to sound over insulting, but your entire theory you have going on ... is ignorant. It is probably a reason you aren't in government right now. I don't want to derail your thread, but you sort of did it for yourself.

If i see a terrorist, i will not ask him a question. I will blow his brains out of the other side of his face. I will probably then shoot him a some more because the sneaky mothers some times have vest on with a spotter and that dude will blow you up when you go to secure the body. Then you are pissed because your leg is missing and you are still alive.
edit on 13-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Sir, i don't mean to sound over insulting, but your entire theory you have going on ... is ignorant. It is probably a reason you aren't in government right now. I don't want to derail your thread, but you sort of did it for yourself.

Please don't feel as if you are derailing my thread as your comment was on topic regardless of the ignorance it demonstrated.

Please elaborate on how my theory is ignorant because I am genuinely interested in your opinion on this statement you made. Also, you are correct, I am not in the government, are you?

Regardless if I am in the government or not I do have a good comprehension of the geo-politcial atmosphere and I do come from a family with a strong military background as my father worked for NORAD space command, and my step brother was wounded in Afghanistan, and my blood brother is serving in the air force. Let's not forget my uncle who also served in Afghanistan and my grandfather who was wounded in WW2...yes that was off sort of off topic on my behalf but please be aware that I am aware of how governments work and the lies they use to justify their actions.

To add, I do not consider military servicemen as the "government", they are the cannon fodder of the elite and are no where near the position of making any governmental decisions as they are foot soldiers who do as they are told and should be considered nothing more than puppets of the elite, this includes my family members I mentioned.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

If i see a terrorist, i will not ask him a question. I will blow his brains out of the other side of his face. I will probably then shoot him a some more because the sneaky mothers some times have vest on with a spotter and that dude will blow you up when you go to secure the body. Then you are pissed because your leg is missing and you are still alive.

Mind-blown..By your post, so whats a terrorist look like ?

There a thread in the Rant section written by a american living in Japan, may i suggest you go read it, its about YOU.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Any government who openly admits to state sponsored assassinations should be considered a terrorist organization.

With that type of definition most nations would have had (and some still have) governmental terrorists. Human society was badly designed to start with and there is no simple fix only continued decay as we mostly figuratively chew on each-others bones.

I think a more practical and exact definition would be "state sponsored assassination of other nations citizens" should clearly be defined as an act of war. This is generally so unless the nation doing the assassination has the might and power sufficient to avoid sanctions or the targeted nations government is willing to have others kill their citizens. From the normalcy of US actions to the French sinking of the Rainbow Warrior or how Australia permitted Indonesia to kill their Journalists in Timor...

edit on 13-11-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I think I understand where you are coming from but the country in question makes it a point to call other regional nations terrorists on a regular basis, and they use this term to justify a lot of their actions. For example, take a look at how many time Netanyahu says terrorist or terrorism at any of his UN speeches when he is mentioning other countries and organizations.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Before I start, I'd like to let you know my 'Angle':
I'm a Jew but NOT a Zionist... I'm highly critical of the Knesset & its Right-Wing extremists.
For this I've been called a 'Self-hating Jew'. (By the London Times!).
I totally agree that by definition, the Israeli government is in fact another 'Terrorist Organization' HOWEVER without going into the debate over whether Israel should exist or give back the occupied territories etc...
Given the current political climate in the Middle-East & the constant threat Israel is under from 'cross-boarder attacks' etc I can't say I blame them for carrying out these 'Strategic Assassinations' and I dare say that creating 'Terror' is exactly what they're trying to achieve.
If Israel takes out one Arab Head Of State or Senior Diplomat, it creates an atmosphere of wariness amongst their (not so friendly) neighbors & a sense of safety for its citizens.
I doubt there would be any major developed nation that ISN'T a terrorist organization by definition!
The USA being one of the 20th & 21st Centuries worst culprits!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBullionBoys

Do you support the assassination of Israeli government officials? Going by your logic it would be fair. You do know that these "assassinations would come in many forms including missile strikes from airplanes which will kill more women and children and innocent men who are not militants. It's as if the USA and Israel have a get out of jail free card when it comes to murdering people in support of their agendas, meanwhile any other "regime" acts similar and they are demonized to the point they are under thread of constant attack based on lies and hypocrisy and I am sick of it.

In your defense you did make some good points, some I agree with, some not, but to discuss all of them would really go more off topic than I plan on doing.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Though I to sympathize with Gaza, I can not fully condemn Israel for the action as the West is doing something similar in Pakistan, Afghanistan and who knows where else with drone strikes, however I never see this called "assassinations" but justified strikes.

The situation between both Israel and Palestine has both sides backed into a corner.

I just feel for the innocence that are harmed as a result of the governments actions, as well as the militants indiscriminately launching rockets.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I rarely disagree with you, and actually agree with most your post, but I believe you are attempting to remain too "balanced" in your opinion which I completely respect but on this issue we both know the root cause of the problem regardless of the multi-sided aggressions.

Just like you I really feel for the civilians on both sides, but let's take a look at the numbers. Here is a link to a thread by Airspoon, in my opinion one of the greatest members of all time, and his thread may be one of the best of all time.

Israeli - Palestinian conflict by the numbers (The numbers don't lie)

This thread is out of date, but it includes Operation Cast Lead which was the most deadly assault in recent times, and the numbers have only gotten worse in Israel's favor.

Please give it a thorough read and star and flag it if you appreciate...it's one of the better written threads I have ever seen on here.

We must stay balanced, but not deny the obvious truth.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Just read that thread for the first time and it presented some truly disturbing statistics. I do tend to side with you on these issues, however my run in with certain members on these forums have made me reevaluate how well I can remain objective and balanced.

My initial response in this thread was primarily to address the terminology used in the article. When I saw assassinations on militant leaders, my thoughts were drawn to the drone strikes in Pakistan.

I will agree that in many instance when Israel decides to take action against Palestine, it usually involves conflict. Palestine could be doing the same, but really they have no other choice it appears.

I just want to avoid being attacked and labelled
edit on 13-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join