Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Spooky guy approached me at the restaurant. *(I was given a warning.)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hi.

This really scared me and I almost didn’t say anything but I feel like I need to warn the person before anything happens. I hope it isn’t already too late.

Okay I know I’m not making any sense let me start at the beginning…

Saturday night I had plans to go out to dinner and a movie with my girlfriend. We were at the restaurant and had just placed our order when a guy approached our table. He appeared to be in his mid to late forties and was dressed in casual wear, just an average looking guy.

He seemed nice enough but I was surprised when he asked if my name was Mr. (last name). I said yes and asked him how I could help him. He told me he didn’t think it was anything serious but asked if we could speak privately for a moment. I figured why not the guy seemed calm and I was curious as to how he knew my name. I excused myself and followed him to the parking lot.

He proceeded to walk around the side of the building about ten feet ahead of me so I followed. As I rounded the corner I saw another guy leaning against a white van with with dark tinted windows. The first guy approached the van and spoke briefly to the second guy then they both turned to face me as I approached. At this point my curiosity changed to concern.

I stopped a few feet from them and we all stood staring at each other for a moment nobody spoke. After a few seconds I broke the silence and asked the first guy what this was all about. The second guy was who spoke also addressing me as Mr. (last name).

He said, ‘You have been visiting some very questionable websites as of late.’ At this point I just stood there slightly shocked. I had been worried one of my family members was involved in an accident or something more serious than this nonsense. I asked him “what” because I couldn’t think of anything else to say.

The first guy actually smiled and told me that my online activity was being monitored and had been monitored for the past 14 months. Again “what” was my only response, I was beginning to feel like a dummy. I was also becoming angry. If this was a joke it wasn’t funny these idiots were interrupting my date.

The first guy opened the side door of the van. I’m not joking it looked like something straight out of a movie! Computers, panels of lights, monitors and two more guys were all crammed in the back of the van. Both of the guys in the van wore headphones. One of them was watching a video monitor and the other looked at me and just smiled.

I was told if my activity continued actions would be taken up to and including my ‘termination’.

Okay now I’m freaking out a little. It didn’t look like these guys were playing games. The second guy was reading from what looked like an ipad. He was reading one of my emails I had sent to my girlfriend last week.
Questions started rolling off my tongue…who are you, how can you do this, why are you doing this? I told them what they were doing is illegal and I was going to call the police or report them to the FBI.

The whole time the first guy just stood there patiently smiling. The second guy just stood there staring at me like I was speaking a foreign language. The other two guys were monitoring the various screens and gadgets in the back of the van.

After my rant the first guy told me if I cease and desist there would be no further contact by his “agency” and all would be forgiven. He gave me a list of websites I was to avoid ATS was on the list.

He then said my girlfriend is waiting for me and I had better return to my table before she decided to look for me. That gave me a chill to my bones and I decided to follow his advice.
I told him I was going to smoke a cigarette before going back to my table. I walked to the side and again looked in the back of the van. On one of the screens was the following information.www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wasn’t going to say anything but I felt an obligation to warn the member. Be safe.
edit on 13-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
4/10. Made my eyes widen for a moment, but then I recalled how many times I've seen similar pranks on 4chan.

I'm sure many here will be fooled though.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
OMG...that's me you guys...that's me. They're after me. Ok, Ok, I'll quit.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
4/10. Made my eyes widen for a moment, but then I recalled how many times I've seen similar pranks on 4chan.

Are you serious? This freaked me out. What is the point in doing this?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

It's a regular prank around here. Comes up every couple of weeks... think of it as an initiation ritual

edit on 13-11-2012 by Casandra because: Added picture of secret ATS leader

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Is this a freaken joke?
ETA: Oh my goodness you suck so bad! Grrrr

My heart was pounding outta my chest lol
Good one!

~OkieDokie
edit on 13-11-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

2 freak u out.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Done and Done and Done like 1,000 times.
Not even a believable story this time.
Sorry bro but.....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Are you meaning to say that my info was on one of their screens? Man I'm famous!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I find this story very difficult to believe but will give you the benafit of the doubt. The reason why I find it difficult to believe is for a few factors. Firstly I doubt any government agency would do this in such a public way. Secondly ATS wouldn't be on the list, it is more of an entertainment website rather than any real fact and by them adding this site to any list takes it from not-credible to credible and why would they want to add any credit to the place. Thirdly why would they go to so much trouble for you, there are thousands out there who visit questionable sites, you may well get flagged but they would just monitor you until you broke the law then they'd arrest you. If it is true, I would be astounded at the incompetance of your government agencies.

EDIT : I see its already labled a HOAX and a poor one at that. Nice story but not funny like you probably intended.
edit on 13-11-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You guys can't just get enough of me.

I feel so loved.

Loved the story, thanks..

*You almost had me going there for a minute.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO T.P.T.B. finaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly caught up to me, I knew I was right. Now maybe I can stop launching those pesky chinese lanterns to fool you all.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

I feel so loved.

What do you have to do with any of this?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Oh man. Sorry all, I am freaked out. I am going to magnatize my HDD tonight after work. How hard is it to change ISP's?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFCG2012AFHS

Originally posted by Manhater

I feel so loved.

Guess you didn't click the link.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
From the OP U2U, little bastard haha!!

So you liked the story? You know it's a joke. Anybody who clicks the link gets their profile displayed.
edit on 13-11-2012 by UFCG2012AFHS because: Cause he's a bastard!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFCG2012AFHS

The link takes the user who clicks it to their own profile.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Can someone find the April fool prank, similar to this on ATS, i been searching and i can;t find it.

In that thread people actually got angry lol

"i didn't do anything"

"why did you post my information"

If someone can find that thread, i would appreciate it.

The title does not say April fools joke... it says something along the lines of, some criminal have been found or something...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

omg! thanks, thats the one, one with disinfo agent. hahahaha

you are great!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join