It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Walmart problems start again.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have seen posts from around 2009 by running the search pertaining to Walmart asking questions on the purchase of ammo especially handgun caliber. As a matter of fact every now and a again when I am in the store if they have a lower price for 9mm I will usually scoop up a box or 2. And have grown accustomed to the usual questions about is the ammo for a rifle or a handgun, etc. Not anymore at least for my local Walmart, just today I tried to purchase 9mm for my hi point rifle and was denied without showing a pistol permit. My question is has anyone else ran into this recently because just a few weeks ago I bought some rounds with no problem. I suppose I will just have to give my $$ to the local gun store in the future but at the same point in time yes I am mad as hell about the whole situation. After leaving the store I thought to myself .22 is handgun as well as long rifle so I wonder if they are making the same requirements for that as well now? Thanks in advance for any answers to my question that may have been posted already and I missed....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I owned a 22 rifle and went to a walmart to buy a few boxes and was denied because i didnt have a pistol permit. I spoke to the manager and the orders for that came from corporate HQ.

I wouldnt be surprised if walmart is in bed with big brother trying to strip our rights away.
They Dont allow a monopoly but yet walmart has a stranglehold on our economy, driving out smaller businesses.
The walmarts in my area have stopped carrying all fire arms and ammo as of late.
edit on 13-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Wow I can't even imagine how much $$ they are losing then, .22 is a very popular round. Thanks though, I wonder how they are gonna sell all those sig's this black friday in their ad? Well at least I got to vent some frustration on a manager today, now I don't have to kick the dog tonight.... And I would think they are in bed with big brother remember all the terrorist ads running on their tv's in the stores. It's coming folks even faster than anyone anticipated.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
We have no ads for sigs here, it seems to me that this is only being done in certain locations.
Maybe its a test bed for whats to come.....checking out the smaller areas and gauging reactions.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well I placed a call to the corporate office to see what they have to say, I am not holding my breath though on a response.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
what state are you in that issues "pistol permits" as we dont have these in Montana and im thinking the pistol permit thing might have more to do with it then wallmart as ive only been asked for id at wall marts in Montana to purchase ammo (22.9mm) but never for anything else but beer...... i bought ak rounds last week and nothing came up and those can be used in some pistols.....i think its just for your standard pistol only rounds as far as id goes but id have to know what state your in to find out how the pistol permit comes into play....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
N.Y. But regardless before today the system never skipped right over the question of handgun or rifle, leaving me to think either a glitch or a corporate rule. Either way I can go to the local gun shop get 1 on 1 service by someone who actually knows guns and support the little guy. But in these times of strapped cash it's a shame that people would get excluded out of getting a decent deal on some ammo because of a glitch. Now had Walmart changed their policy fine but at the very least post a sign so I am not wasting 20 min waiting for an employee to unlock, ring out , for nothing. But someone has already posted here .22 was denied the same way as well so me thinks there is more to the story than meets the eye.

And to add 9mm is far from standard pistol only rounds.
edit on 13-11-2012 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Isnt it the law that in order to own a firearm, you have to register as the owner of that weapon? If so, is it not logical to ensure that only registered users can purchase ammuntion?

You cannot buy a car here in England, unless you are in possession of a photo drivers permit. Whats the difference?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I've never been asked for any gun permit at Walmart here in Florida. They always ask for my ID, but hell they ask for ID to buy spray paint or cold medicine these days!

We don't have a "pistol permit" here in Florida, but we have a CCW permit.

I think this sounds more like a state law than a Walmart policy, but I wouldn't be surprised if some retailers did tighten up on who they will sell to. There have been several rap songs about buying a gun at Walmart and then committing a crime, and they have been drug through the mud a time or two for selling a gun to someone that went and used it for a crime. Not fair really, because as long as they follow the laws of their state, it isn't their problem if a person does something stupid afterwards.

Just like it isn't their problem if someone is huffing hairspray, or cooking up cold medicine. We shouldn't all be punished for the stupid actions of a few.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Isnt it the law that in order to own a firearm, you have to register as the owner of that weapon? If so, is it not logical to ensure that only registered users can purchase ammuntion?
No, in some states they register guns, (sometimes illegally) but in most states you do not have to register your firearm.
Unless it's an assault weapon, I believe they all have to be registered. And I mean assault weapons like a M16 not a rifle like a AR15 (No an AR15 is not an assault weapon, no matter what the media tells you.)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have been asked for ID but never my pistol permit.
Then again it has been a while that I got ammo from walmart, they never have any 9mm or 45ACP in stock and I get my .22 cheaper at the local gun shop.
edit on 11/14/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Is it true that the difference between an assault rifle, and a regular rifle, is wether or not it will fire on automatic, rather than single shot?

In any case, thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Its probably not Walmart's fault in this instance. They're likely just following your state's laws. My suggestion would be to move to a state that's more friendly to your 2nd amendment rights. My state has no registration requirements and I've never had a problem buying ammunition at Walmart. They usually don't even ask for ID, and even then, its only for age verification.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by jaynkeel

Its probably not Walmart's fault in this instance. They're likely just following your state's laws. My suggestion would be to move to a state that's more friendly to your 2nd amendment rights. My state has no registration requirements and I've never had a problem buying ammunition at Walmart. They usually don't even ask for ID, and even then, its only for age verification.

Well if they are following states laws then all 20 other gun shops in the area must be operating against the law by not making me jump through hoops to buy ammo.?. Nope it is definitely Walmart being idiots. And why would I move myself, 5 kids, out of the state just to "find" a state more 2nd amendment friendly? Why not stand my ground instead of running away just because of some crazy lawmakers that will eventually have their way into all the states soon, Please don't think for a second that whatever state your in is excluded from these idiots running the show.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I live in Arkansas, and I buy most of my ammo at Walmart (.22 cal and 9mm)I have never been asked for ID. Just money.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Have you been there within the past few days though?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
On the way home this morning I stopped in wally world just 'cause this thread. Purchased a box of .40 s&w, a box of .45 acp, and some .380 for the ppks. Then I asked the young lady if she needed to see my I'D. Her reply was " only if your writting a check, but I'll take your phone number!"
Proving that this is a local issue for Walmart, that dosent effect north west GA, and that my Walmart is staffed with shameless hussies.

One of which has my phone number...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DC434L2A
On the way home this morning I stopped in wally world just 'cause this thread. Purchased a box of .40 s&w, a box of .45 acp, and some .380 for the ppks. Then I asked the young lady if she needed to see my I'D. Her reply was " only if your writting a check, but I'll take your phone number!"
Proving that this is a local issue for Walmart, that dosent effect north west GA, and that my Walmart is staffed with shameless hussies.

One of which has my phone number...

Thats too funny!!! But thanks for the input, not sure what is going on but will go back in a few more days and see if the problem still exists.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ok update: I went to Walmart today and tried once again to purchase the 9mm ammunition. Success this time, apparently there was a hangup in communication between the local store and regional about certain caliber ammo needing a permit to purchase. The man behind the counter said it will be hit or miss in the future weather they continue to sell without a permit. So I guess it is what it is, for what it's worth.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

No a assault rifle has many things different, but all full auto, or select fire, are assault rifles.
You can have an AR-15 that is semi-auto, but you can't have an M16 with full auto, or 3 round burst.

There is a ban list with things like no folding stock, or bayonet lug on it, but I'm not sure when the state laws begin and federal end.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join