It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find this sick and dont like where it is heading (ohio woman/idiot sign)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

If that Judges agenda is to not only teach that woman a lesson, but everybody reading this thread, seeing it on the news or just passing by.

I'm all for it.

No rights were threatened in this case, nor were any lost. Not one thing was unconstitutional about this sentence.

en.wikipedia.org...

In recent times, judicial use of public humiliation punishment has largely fallen out of favor since the practice is now considered cruel and unusual punishment, which is outlawed in the United States Constitution.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Your interpretation humiliation is totally different from mine.

I think that it is good to be embarrassed by stupid acts from time to time. That there are always consequences for our actions.

It makes most people think twice before doing something stupid..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Bad troll.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Your interpretation humiliation is totally different from mine.

I think that it is good to be embarrassed by stupid acts from time to time. That there are always consequences for our actions.

It makes most people think twice before doing something stupid..

regardless it was considered cruel and unusual and is therefore wrong.

its a slippery slope and where it is heading is of more concern than the case itself.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
She got off tooo easy. She should have been charged for criminal negligence....

Passing a school bus while its stop sign is out is a very serious offence when I live (Canada, Quebec). Unless I am mistaking, you loose 6 demerit points (only have 15 for 2 years) and up to (2000$ fine first offence) & ($4000 for second offence within 5 years).....and that's before you go to court and get more fees. For a repeat offender like her, I would take away her license FOREVER as she is definitely an idiot and she put so many people in danger.

What she got was a joke...its like catching and releasing a pedophile and telling him not to do it again or else.......

For the record, I do not agree with violating people's rights at all but in this case that is what SHE did by making the sidewalk a danger for anyone's life.

just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
She got off tooo easy. She should have been charged for criminal negligence....

Passing a school bus while its stop sign is out is a very serious offence when I live (Canada, Quebec). Unless I am mistaking, you loose 6 demerit points (only have 15 for 2 years) and up to (2000$ fine first offence) & ($4000 for second offence within 5 years).....and that's before you go to court and get more fees. For a repeat offender like her, I would take away her license FOREVER as she is definitely an idiot and she put so many people in danger.

What she got was a joke...its like catching and releasing a pedophile and telling him not to do it again or else.......

For the record, I do not agree with violating people's rights at all but in this case that is what SHE did by making the sidewalk a danger for anyone's life.

just my opinion.

right

I have been trying to point out that she should have been charged in accordance to the law.

this offer just seems like a ploy because its light compared to what she should have received and blatantly unconstitutional

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg

Bad troll.

Second line.

Im sorry but having an opinion makes me a troll?

with that whopper of a post it seems that you are behaving more like a troll here

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
the police make drunk people clean up their own piss at night in busy town centers - sometimes humiliation is the only thing to make someone realize how idiotic they are. The woman is not being degraded - maybe if she was forced to strip, but she has headphones, a warm jacket and hopefully she is realizing the error of her ways, since multiple parents and court appearances have not.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If I was a judge I would have just sentenced her to ninety days in jail for reckless endangerment and taken away her driving privileges for two years. She would have been out in about forty days with good behavior.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

If I was a judge I would have just sentenced her to ninety days in jail for reckless endangerment and taken away her driving privileges for two years. She would have been out in about forty days with good behavior.

see that is sensible and the way it should be

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantumgirl11
the police make drunk people clean up their own piss at night in busy town centers - sometimes humiliation is the only thing to make someone realize how idiotic they are. The woman is not being degraded - maybe if she was forced to strip, but she has headphones, a warm jacket and hopefully she is realizing the error of her ways, since multiple parents and court appearances have not.

See that makes sense though because they would have to have a hazmat (SP?) crew come clean up the drunks biohazard which would be expensive.

It is not humiliating in the sense that they put it there they can clean it because they arent going to catch a disease from touching it. And they arent being put on display for millions to see wearing degrading signs

The example is not even in the same ballpark try again

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
A "single bad judgement call" this is not. She had a history of doing it every morning, hence the sting to catch her in the act.

Too bad it wasn't raining or snowing when she had to stand out there like the idiot that she is.

This is not cruel and unusual punishment. The punishment fits the crime. If I had been the judge, I would have taken away her license for five years and sentenced her to 200 hours of community service as a crossing guard, so she could look each and every child she endangered in the face every morning.

Sorry, but this "up in arms" post is rubbish. This woman deserves this punishment.

My $.02

-TS

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

regardless it was considered cruel and unusual and is therefore wrong.

Nope, just you and a few others consider it cruel and unusual.

The rest of us just consider it as a unusual punishment yet creative one.

I just don't see this case as a first step towards eroding the 8th Amendment.

Of course once the 1st and 2nd are minimalized, well, the rest will fall like dominos.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
A "single bad judgement call" this is not. She had a history of doing it every morning, hence the sting to catch her in the act.

Too bad it wasn't raining or snowing when she had to stand out there like the idiot that she is.

This is not cruel and unusual punishment. The punishment fits the crime. If I had been the judge, I would have taken away her license for five years and sentenced her to 200 hours of community service as a crossing guard, so she could look each and every child she endangered in the face every morning.

Sorry, but this "up in arms" post is rubbish. This woman deserves this punishment.

My $.02

-TS

Yes that statement was uninformed and I realized it was multiple times afterward.

I love how everyone is mimicking the media like good little citizens with "The punishment fits the crime."

it should have been worse than what she got but should have been in accordance with her human rights as well

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

judicial use of public humiliation punishment has largely fallen out of favor since the practice is now considered cruel and unusual punishment, which is outlawed in the United States Constitution.

The first steps in abolishing rights is to bring forth things like this to build public opinion against it so that people will view it as a good thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I love how everyone is mimicking the media like good little citizens with "The punishment fits the crime."

it should have been worse than what she got but should have been in accordance with her human rights as well

You didn't respond to my post that landed on the bottom of page 4.

She did get her license suspended. And we know how that stops people from driving with a suspended license.
Most moving violations don't have jail time. Plus there is a cost factor to incarceration.

My previous post explained why it isn't considered cruel and unusual punishment.
The only one saying it's cruel and unusual is YOU.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

An idiot had to wear a sign saying they were an idiot and someone feels butt hurt over this? Oh boo freaking hoo cry me a river. Ignorance can be fixed with teaching stupid cannot be fixed. Being that this woman has done this many times she has proven herself to be stupid.

The best fix (along with the sign) would have been to make sure she never drove again.

This woman got off way too easy. Let us ignore the fact that she endangered lives, was driving recklessly, was by passing a stop sign (school bus stop signs are legal stop signs that must be obeyed), and also could have been charged with attempted manslaughter.

When she is driving on the sidewalk you can see she passes a building while on the sidewalk that someone could have been walking out from behind and been struck by this woman. She is a complete douche and deserves a lot more than public humiliation.

Raist

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That's fine by my book. She is an idiot. And a dangerous one at that. Good going judge.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

but does not warrant the blatant violation of her rights

So she has the right to drive on the footpath....

You are as silly as her!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I saw on another thread that many people thought this was grand but I find it just plain sickening.

So why not add your thoughts and comments to that thread? Why the need to create a new thread? Crap like this in my opinion just clogs this site up anymore, multiple threads covering the same exact topics. End of rant I guess.... But in my opinion she deserves any punishment the judge serves and I think she should have gotten more to be honest. One thing I personally don't tolerate is ignorant people that don't know how to follow the simplest rules of the road.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join