It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Jihadist Leader Threatens Great Pyramids and Sphinx

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Murgan Salem al-Gohary .. ten years ago he helped smash Buddha statues in Afghanistan.
This nutter has been successful previously. So the threat is being taken seriously.

Daily Mail - Radical Jihadist Leader Threatens to Bulldoze Great Spinx and Pyramids of Giza

Murgan Salem al-Gohary, 50, an Islamist leader twice-sentenced under former President Hosni Mubarak for advocating violence, told Egyptian media that the historical landmarks are 'idolatrous' and must be destroyed.
The threats are being taken seriously as ten years ago Gohary helped smash a pair of giant Buddha statues in Afghanistan.

Egyptian newspaper al-Masry al-Youm said Gohary is a jihadist leader with links to the Taliban, reported the Jerusalem Post. 'The idols and statutes that fill Egypt must be destroyed. Muslims are tasked with applying the teachings of Islam and removing these idols, just like we did in Afghanistan when we smashed the Buddha statues,' Gohary said in a Saturday night television interview, according to al-Masry al-Youm.

So much for 'live and let live'. :shk:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What is wrong with these people? I have always felt that even though certain landmarks reside in places that are not my home...I have interest in all of them..they should be protected at all cost. I don't care enemy or not..I would stand by my enemy to protect antiquities..

I think if they destroy the pyramids that would be the final nail in their coffin..they would then have to be wiped from this earth. I am not a violent person...but mess with the pyramids and my attitude can change swiftly

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank You

-closed-

new topics

join