It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting photography taken in Italy - Rocket, bird....unidentified?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This photo comes from a French UFO forum and was posted yesterday over there with the following comments:

- Town: Lido de Jesolo
- Date: May 02, 2012, 06:36pm.
- Photo taken by a friend in Italy, at Lido de Jesolo, from the SSE side (?). No sound and nothing was seen at the time of the shoot.
- Coordinates: approx. 45°30'20,72"N 12°38'51,38E

Original photo can be downloaded HERE

I haven't done any work on it yet, except a quick look at the EXIF data that seems legit.

I thought that it could be interesting for you, ATS fellow friends, to take a look at it at first and see what's your opinion on it.

Original French source HERE

edit on 13-11-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It looks like a bird. The wings go up at an angle, and the sun is reflecting off the white feathers on the right side of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I caught the same looking UFO a few days ago. It went by ultra-fast with another craft

You can view it in my video on YouTube Here

The 3rd Frame, one of the crafts looks exactly like the one you posted.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I agree with Zaphod , it looks like it could be a bird ... it looks quite large so perhaps an Albatross ?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

That looks like a fighter or a pair of fighters going by in trail formation.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I kinda figure it was a laughing gull.
People should spend a little more time outdoors.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

My first thought was some kind of gull, but I wasn't familiar with the species in that area, so I figured either a gull or Albatross.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It looks like a missle to me with bright spot being the rear. If I remember correctly from military channel documentaries that an underwater launched missle does some type of corkscrew maneuver to burn off some fuel or something. This happens close to the waters surface but I think we are seeing the very end of that maneuver with the rocket exhaust angled. I hoped I explained that right.
edit on 13-11-2012 by geldib because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2012 by geldib because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Say we are looking North in this picture. The sun looks then to be located to the South East if you look at the portion of the boat the light is hitting and the shadow from this. How would the bird's right side be reflecting the sun in this case? It should at least be reflecting some if not all on its right side, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I don't think it's a bird.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Just a bird. The sun light on the white feathers and the blurring of the pic makes that "after burner " look.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Is this a pi*s take? On the original picture there are lots of seagulls [or whatever birds they are], so chances are that the one that looks also very much like a bird is exactly that. How can anyone even contemplate discussing this?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
Say we are looking North in this picture. The sun looks then to be located to the South East if you look at the portion of the boat the light is hitting and the shadow from this. How would the bird's right side be reflecting the sun in this case? It should at least be reflecting some if not all on its right side, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I don't think it's a bird.

The bird and the boat look to be pointed in almost the exact same direction (both headed towards the lower right corner of the image).

If the right side of the boat's sail could be sunlit, then why not the right side of the bird's body?

(*and, just to be clear, I mean "their" right side, not ours)

EDIT TO ADD:

By the way, this is what I see when I look at it:

edit on 11/13/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Albatross are not likely found any where near Italy.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
No contrails..
Over the sea..
small..
White on the bottom.
Grey on top..
Looks like a bird..
Wings at correct angle for a bird..

Id say its a bird.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Besides anything else, where are all of these other seagulls you're talking about?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Besides anything else, where are all of these other seagulls you're talking about?

I think he meant the two other objects in the water, but I can't tell if they are birds or some sort of buoy/marker.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Given the depth of field presented in the pic.....id have to say the "obect" is a far piece behind the boat in the distance......
That being said, it would take one helluva big bird to show up as more than a white spot.....(i reckon that object to be perhaps a mile or more even behind the foreground boat....(relatively speaking)
imdi2c4fun has a U-toob vid in his/her post that does show similar colours and sure aint a bird....
.......i give it a 75% chance of avain origin and a possible corolary to imd12c4fun s.........(which is interesting in its own right!)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It's a turkey not the bird but the picture of the gull with the sailboat.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I think he meant the two other objects in the water, but I can't tell if they are birds or some sort of buoy/marker.

"She"

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't know what that is, but it's surely not a bird.
I live by the sea and I never saw birds reflecting light like that, no matter how white they are. Also, being way behind the boat, it must be a huge bird.
It looks more like a flare, or something powered by a flare.
edit on 13-11-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join