It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian jihadist calls for removal of Sphinx, Pyramids

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Sphinx, ok.

Pyramids, forget it.

if those destruction enthusiasts want to destroy things, they can only destroy the ones that are not precious, which includes everything.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzCory
So far nobody has mentioned the fact that the Catholic Church, via the Spanish explorers of
S America in the 1500's, was responsible for the almost complete eradication of the Mayan written documents, having burned any they found as being blasphemous works honoring false deities.

The stone circles & other sacred spots in Europe have been mentioned, but nobody brought up the fact that a great many of these sacred spots were co-opted when their original structures were destroyed, & churches were built on the sites. You can lay the blame for this desecration on several denominations of religion.

You can add your favorite historical eradication if you like; there are more (the US Gov't vs the Native Americans, the modern Japanese Gov't vs the original Ainu inhabitants of Japan, etc, etc, etc).
I definitely do not support this kind of behavior, & even a call for it in modern times strikes me as repulsive & hateful, whether or not there's a chance for success.

The extremists referred to in the OP are only the most recent in a long line of human beings who have taken an original concept a bit too far. I'm sure some of you want to tell me that there are Catholics today who decry what was done in South America, and that many Americans are horrified by what they've learned about treatment of the Native Americans, and so on.

With all this in mind, it seems a bit illogical to me to see all this expressed anti-Islam sentiment over the stated opinion (not even the actions) of an extremist minority within this group.
Some of you seem to have allowed the MSM to whip you into a fine froth, wherein the word "Islam" automatically makes you see red.

In the words of a favorite college instructor of mine from years ago, "For Heaven's sake, guard your head!"
edit on 11/13/12 by BuzzCory because: grammar correction

You're completely missing the point. This thread is about current events. Has mankind, throughout it's history, been a series of clashes wherein the winner's culture runs roughshod over what they just conquerored? Yep. I mean the even the gross institution of slavery existed for thousands of years and was still widespread until less than 200 years ago. But with the exception of the islamic-dominated portion of today's world, it's been essentially eradicated. And the concept of just smash-and-grabbing whatever culture stands in your way is also, in most of the world, no longer how things are done. We -humans of planet earth- have in most places moved past that. We improved! However there is only one very large subsection that has not moved past such behavior and refuses to adopt more egalitarian ways and that is the islamic subsection. Those of us alive today are responsible for what happens on our watch. And it isn't Japan, the US, Hindus, Christians, Zorastrians or any other large group looking to behave that way anymore. So your railing against history falls on deaf ears. Corrections have made in most parts of the world. Germans are not knocking on France's door, nor the French on theirs, Christians are not out flying planes in to buildings. The Brits are not planting the flag all over the globe. But the islamic supremacists are slaightering Christians, Hindus, Jews, Zoroastrians, Buddhists each other (competing sects accusing each other of heresy) for not being their culture.They are issuing international contract-murders-by-fatwa, they are rioting and killing over youtube videos and cartoons, they are killing based on competing faith in Nigeria, Sudan, Egypt, all over the Levant, Libya, Iran, the Russian separatist regions, Iraq, Turkey hunts the Kurds like Americans hunt deer....all this is happening on YOUR watch BuzzCory. And it isn't Cortez or General Custer doing it. The sins of the past need to be laid to rest when and where they have been addressed and not used for present day equivocation of widespread, indeed endemic atrocity-causing behavior.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Those muslims sure know how to make friends, I'm beginning to think the only nice and level headed muslims drive cabs in Canada ( Those are the only ones I ever met ) lol

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It should be noted that 99% of the people killed by Muslim's are other Muslims, they are fighting the wars of religion fought by the west centuries ago (Catholic vs Protestant) in their case Shia vs Sunni and fundamentalist Sunni and Shia against practically everyone else

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
It should be noted that 99% of the people killed by Muslim's are other Muslims, they are fighting the wars of religion fought by the west centuries ago (Catholic vs Protestant) in their case Shia vs Sunni and fundamentalist Sunni and Shia against practically everyone else

A majority yes, 99% is nowhere near accurate however. They ('They' being Jihadist muslims) are killing Confucians, Buddhists, and Chrsitians in Indonesia, Christians again in Nigeria and Pakistan-which of course is also a perilus place to live as a Buddhist or Hindu. The Copts in Egypt have had a steady toll of bodies since the Muslim Bortherhood Spring. Plenty of Russians dying in Dagestan and that entire separatist region. And of course they kill Jews wherever they can find them. And Americans when they can manage enough subterfuge of course.
edit on 14-11-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: grammar

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
If they touch the Sphinx, they do so at their own peril. They are inviting destruction if those ruins are destroyed. They might let something out...or remind a group of others...to come back.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HabiruThorstein

Originally posted by Hanslune

A majority yes, 99% is nowhere near accurate however. They ('They' being Jihadist muslims) are killing Confucians, Buddhists, and Chrsitians in Indonesia, Christians again in Nigeria and Pakistan-which of course is also a perilus place to live as a Buddhist or Hindu. The Copts in Egypt have had a steady toll of bodies since the Muslim Bortherhood Spring. Plenty of Russians dying in Dagestan and that entire separatist region. And of course they kill Jews wherever they can find them. And Americans when they can manage enough subterfuge of course.
edit on 14-11-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: grammar

You are correct I overstated, I was thinking of terrorist activity against the west instead of the other wars

• • In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97 percent of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years.

• Muslim majority countries bore the greatest number of attacks involving 10 or more deaths, with Afghanistan sustaining the highest number (47), followed by Iraq (44), Pakistan (37), Somalia (28), and Nigeria (12).

• Afghans also suffered the largest number of fatalities overall with 3,245 deaths, followed by Iraqis (2,958), Pakistanis (2,038), Somalis (1,013), and Nigerians (590).
ex]

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

That is crazy, you will be surpirsed that 99% of Africans are killed by other Africans, 99% of Americans are killed by other Americans, I got another one, 99% of Asians are killed by other Asians.

Coming back to your point I beg to differ, the USA claims most Muslim kills directly or indirectly. Actual the good ole US of A got more foreign kills on foreign soil in the last century than anyone else in history, well maybe except the French and Brits. Saddam killed his own people, but the US said eff that noise I will show you how to slaughter your people, 1 million and counting.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Mindless morons who are destroying items that have been around thousands of years before Islam...

Maybe turn about shoujld be fair play.. Should Mecca and Medina be removed as idols to a false God using religions in existance long before Islam?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Your stats would be incorrect... Please research statistics on kills during WWII, specifically Stalin and then Hitler.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Yeh really , I cant believe this ! Honestly where do they get the nerve to say to the world "No, we will destroy the worlds history, because Allah wills it."

Well all I can say is I'd like to see them try, im pretty sure that it will be them versus the rest of the world, when it comes to destroying the worlds most enduring structure then they have another thing coming!

If they tried to destroy relics in scotland then they would be in for a right kickin !
even ma maw would be right in aboot them !

I'd like to see them try and destroy christ the redeeemer in Brazil , they would likely lose their own heads !
I was so angry when they destroyed those ancient buddha carvings , like how dare they !

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Just finished reading Holocaust denial work so I have decided to sit out the Holocaust stories from now on. Stalin is next, because he is stated to have killed 20,000,000, but I will do that later because reading real facts involves hours on hours on hours of information and cross referencing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HabiruThorstein

No, the point of my post was that people are using this instance of a call to eradicate history, made by a group of extremists within a religion, as a rallying point for a whole lot of anti-Islam/anti-Muslim sentiment. Not everyone in this thread is doing that, but having read the entire thread up til my last post, I was disgusted at how many people were bashing all Muslims for the actions of this subgroup of extremists.

The rest of what I expressed was to make a point about how people are extremely prone to Muslim/Islam bashing these days, comparing it to realizations in hindsight regarding similar actions by other groups in the past.

Some of you don't seem to be able to get past the part where I referred to the past incidences in order to lead up to the point I was attempting to make. I agree, calling for the removal of so-called false idols on this scale, in this day & age, is extremely anachronistic in an allegedly more enlightened age. I hope this serves to clarify what I originally wrote.

edit on 11/14/12 by BuzzCory because: grammar again

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
Yeh really , I cant believe this ! Honestly where do they get the nerve to say to the world "No, we will destroy the worlds history, because Allah wills it."

Well all I can say is I'd like to see them try, im pretty sure that it will be them versus the rest of the world, when it comes to destroying the worlds most enduring structure then they have another thing coming!

If they tried to destroy relics in scotland then they would be in for a right kickin !
even ma maw would be right in aboot them !

I'd like to see them try and destroy christ the redeeemer in Brazil , they would likely lose their own heads !
I was so angry when they destroyed those ancient buddha carvings , like how dare they !

Don't see many Indian historical monuments in New York, the Indians must have buried them, might want to check in their graves, oh wait.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

reply to post by subjectzero

Is Mecca off the bombing list?

reply to post by Xcathdra

Should Mecca and Medina be removed as idols to a false God using religions in existance long before Islam?

Originally posted by Big Chief
This thread is nonsense. The author of this thread should be stoned to death.

@Big Chief
Are you stoning me to death or murdering the truth about muslim extremists being insane people ?

Here is an idea. Stone me to death with hand grenades whilst i am strapped to the Mecca monolith.

There will probably be so much hatred that the extremists will gladly destroy their own monolith.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Let's get it straight before some here seized upon the chance to bash your fellow humans of the muslim faith.

Who said they wanna destroy those structures?

Jihadists. They don't run the country, nor are their idealogy supported by the muslim majority in Egypt.

The very act of murders committed by these militants upon innocent humans only proved that they are NOT muslims, and had hijacked the peaceful religion, twisting it to suit their insane attention whoring.

Furthermore the Prophet Muhammad had only mentioned to destroy idols - objects of worship in the belief that those objects represents God.

Is Buddha God? Is the Sphinx God? Is a church God? Is a mosque God? Is the Ka'bah God? Are human tombstones God?

No. They are only objects created as remembrances, of honor, for men to remember their past and are NOT worshipped as God.

Our one true God needs not man made objects to be created inorder honor him, for He already lives amongst us in our hearts. He forbade images made of Himself, so that men will not pray to the image instead of to Him, who is omnipresent. or that the man-made images or structures be corrupted or misued to fool others.

By all means, destroy man-made structures. The destruction means nothing except vandalism by culprits whom must be brought to justice. What that is man-made, can be rebuilt.

The Jihadists are wild beasts and had only twisted and wilfully misinterpretated divine teachings, and had caused much harm to the religion, an act of apostacy that they will have to answer for one day, to man and God.

Did not take long for the whole its the minority thing to rear its head. I guess then that the majority of muslims would protest and stop the pyramids ect being destoryed, the majority of muslims stand up against stonings, beheding, honour killings, sharia law. Ohhh wait no they would'nt.

We hear time and time again how 90% of muslims are peace loving people who would not hurt a fly and would never ever be evil like those bad jahidists but I have yet to see protests against stoning, beheadings, honour killings nor have I seen protests for more rights for women.

Until you do you can tag every single muslim out there with acepting the status quo of there religion of violence.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
First we need to learn to tell the difference between the kind of muslims that brought culture and science to the world in the middle ages and the kind of muslims who bring death and destruction to the world. Once we've done that we need to deal with political left-right partisans who cant tell the difference. Then we need to go and fix the problem with a reasonable mixture of diplomacy and military defense.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Interesting that the OP used the terms 'mindless' and 'stupid' in this thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Sorry im not sure if you were referring to my post even though you quoted the entire thing , or were you just responding to the thread !

Im pretty sure if there were indian burial grounds and relics , that these exremist muslims would want to destroy them to !

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

We hear time and time again how 90% of muslims are peace loving people who would not hurt a fly and would never ever be evil like those bad jahidists but I have yet to see protests against stoning, beheadings, honour killings nor have I seen protests for more rights for women.

This is actually correct, the extremists are not some small minority. Significant part of muslims are extremists, often majorities in many countries.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join