It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian jihadist calls for removal of Sphinx, Pyramids

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

pretty tough, they all work for the C I A

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by Rapha

Are you a muslim hater?

Just the ones that force their beliefs on everyone else. Keep that Snit in church where it belongs.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WesternCrusader
Islam doesn't have a culture of any value so it must destroy others. Islam is a plague, a disease, an abomination that must be wiped out.

introducing netanyahus son....lolollolol

islam, christianity and judesim....all have great cultures

seeing as you dont understand it....shouldnt you keep you irratic hate under wraps....

peace

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Why can't the medical profession classify "stupid" as a disease.......this bloke is obviously infected and the symptoms appear to be spreading in many parts of the world.

Solution?

A healthy and sustained dose of cartoons and B-grade movies and anything else that gets "Stupid" to show its face, then round em' up and ship em off to a tiny island with only 3 things:

1. Lots of bombs.
2. Lots of guns & ammo.
3. Hidden CCTV.

No food or water.

If they want to act like barbarians then by all means let them - just not amongst civilised humans.

I reckon that within a week or two there would be no more problem and it will send a clear warning to those not yet rounded up as to what they can soon expect.

Bullets don't kill ideas - ideas kill ideas.

Now that would be the best damn reality TV I'll ever see.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If they destroy the Sphinx and pyramids, people will get pissed and boycot all Egyptian products. They will lose all their tourism dollars and the country will turn into a third world country with poverty everywhere. Those who have money will leave the place leaving a bunch of starving idiots there. Can't they see that the pyramids are not religious idols, they are ancient creations by their ancestors.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So far nobody has mentioned the fact that the Catholic Church, via the Spanish explorers of
S America in the 1500's, was responsible for the almost complete eradication of the Mayan written documents, having burned any they found as being blasphemous works honoring false deities.

The stone circles & other sacred spots in Europe have been mentioned, but nobody brought up the fact that a great many of these sacred spots were co-opted when their original structures were destroyed, & churches were built on the sites. You can lay the blame for this desecration on several denominations of religion.

You can add your favorite historical eradication if you like; there are more (the US Gov't vs the Native Americans, the modern Japanese Gov't vs the original Ainu inhabitants of Japan, etc, etc, etc).
I definitely do not support this kind of behavior, & even a call for it in modern times strikes me as repulsive & hateful, whether or not there's a chance for success.

The extremists referred to in the OP are only the most recent in a long line of human beings who have taken an original concept a bit too far. I'm sure some of you want to tell me that there are Catholics today who decry what was done in South America, and that many Americans are horrified by what they've learned about treatment of the Native Americans, and so on.

With all this in mind, it seems a bit illogical to me to see all this expressed anti-Islam sentiment over the stated opinion (not even the actions) of an extremist minority within this group.
Some of you seem to have allowed the MSM to whip you into a fine froth, wherein the word "Islam" automatically makes you see red.

In the words of a favorite college instructor of mine from years ago, "For Heaven's sake, guard your head!"
edit on 11/13/12 by BuzzCory because: grammar correction

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

What if the answer was as simple as "What do we have to do(even if it's destructive) to get our "savior" prophet to return"

Wouldn't it make sense for all the b/s in the world?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Are you a muslim hater?

No. I just hate dictators who believe they have the right to destroy ancient art.

You've clearly missed the point of this mans statements. You need to educate yourself my friend. The Islamic religion believes there should be no idols of worship. Stonehenge is not an idol to a god (or is it?). He mentioned the Sphinx because it is a representation of the god Horus. He's taking the Quran literally, like they did in Mohamed's day, when they took back Mecca.

Do a bit of homework.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
In regards to the pyramids.
The Egyptians are the stewards of the monuments there.
If they cannot protect them properly, it is the responsibility of the world to put people in there that will.

I would also demand protection of the Kaaba in Mecca

You know...the super duper idol the muslims worship..aim towards to pray, etc...(one would think they would tear that down as many see it as holy long before relic statues and pyramids...but meh, hypocracy is sort of the norm for the radicals).

The Kaaba is not an idol. They do not worship the Kaaba, they only pray in its direction. Do a bit of research before you spout nonsense.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Who cares, soon all those ”monuments of art and humanity’s civilizations worldwide” will be destroyed by WWIII .

Jihadist bombs or Western + Israeli warmongers and their well known WMD’s, results are the same.

edit on 13-11-2012 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

What if the answer was as simple as "What do we have to do(even if it's destructive) to get our "savior" prophet to return"

Wouldn't it make sense for all the b/s in the world?

Wish he/she/it would bloody land in their UFO already.

Your comment is closer to the truth than what most would want to accept - sad but true.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I am amazed at the focus on my comment about "Are you a muslim hater"
I actually feel the same way as the OP and think anyone whom feels they have the right
to destroy history because of an opinionated book,, well they need to be reeducated.

I ask a question and the assumptions just roll one after another to my reasoning..
Hmmm Deny ignorance?
Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

To add another side of it. Maybe it's like "How do I announce myself without being tried for treason and or martyred by elites who don't want to hand their keys over".

This perspective is for a reincarnated "jesus"

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This thread is nonsense. The author of this thread should be stoned to death. Even Egyptians themselves used to destroy statues or monuments of old kings. Out with the old, in with the new. When George Bush and America went into Iraq they looted all the antigues and historical artifacts of Iraq. They looted Sadaam Husseins palace and stole his gold and millions of dollars he had stored in his house. Then Bush and his buddies gave the revenues to banksters and other crooks in America. Lets not forget about the looting of the treasures of Moamar Ghadaffi by Nato and other Europeans in the West. The jihadist actions are menial compared to all the artifacts destroyed and stolen by Europeans throughout history. Get a history book and go to sleep!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Chief

So we should continue to let it happen? Get real.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

To add another side of it. Maybe it's like "How do I announce myself without being tried for treason and or martyred by elites who don't want to hand their keys over".

That's easy - disable all of the nukes (and other kill weapons) globally then bring your gun to the stick fight!

Then martyr all the elites in front of the global population and you will be pronounced the "Messiah" - Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, human looking or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Rumor has it that Napoleon's troops shot the nose off the Sphinx for target practice, I doubt that very much. Napoleon was obsessed with all things ancient....

Another theory and there is a good deal of circumstantial evidence to support it is that the Islamic Caliphates had the nose removed because the Sphinx looked female to them [The idea of the Sphinx being female is an interesting topic all on it's own] they also removed the noses on many other works of art in the same time period.

Can't have strong females being represented for the masses to see.

I've heard that it was simply years and years of erosion due to sand storms and the like that caused the nose and beard to fall off. This seems like the most plausible explanation to me.

I've also heard black supremacists say that white European explorers chiseled the nose off because it looked too African, and they didn't want people to know that blacks could accomplish such an incredible feat lol. Seems legit

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by SaturnFX
In regards to the pyramids.
The Egyptians are the stewards of the monuments there.
If they cannot protect them properly, it is the responsibility of the world to put people in there that will.

I would also demand protection of the Kaaba in Mecca

You know...the super duper idol the muslims worship..aim towards to pray, etc...(one would think they would tear that down as many see it as holy long before relic statues and pyramids...but meh, hypocracy is sort of the norm for the radicals).

The Kaaba is not an idol. They do not worship the Kaaba, they only pray in its direction. Do a bit of research before you spout nonsense.

I understand that completely

How is a pyramid a idol though?
=points to the thread=

I am sure they would be quite angry if the kaaba was destroyed...
and now they can understand why people are angry when other stuff gets broken.

btw, christians often tell me they don't pray to a cross, nor do they see a bible as something outside of just paper with writing on it.
So, break a cross in front of them, or light a bible on fire..typical response is to absolutely flip the hell out like you just punched god or something...
but..why? its just wood, its just paper...

Your saying no muslims pray to or think that the kaaba is something more than just some stone? really? All muslims worldwide are enlightened and intelligent people who wouldn't think much of it if the whole thing was smashed down and a starbucks was erected in its place?

mhmm.

edit on 13-11-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

So far nobody has mentioned the fact that the Catholic Church, via the Spanish explorers of
S America in the 1500's, was responsible for the almost complete eradication of the Mayan written documents, having burned any they found as being blasphemous works honoring false deities.

With all this in mind, it seems a bit illogical to me to see all this expressed anti-Islam sentiment over the stated opinion (not even the actions) of an extremist minority within this group.

It should be noted that this discussion is about Muslim extremists and not Islam in general. Christian extremists are just as nuts.

The difference here though, is that a lot of what Christians did, they did in the past. This is the present, and the Islamic Fundies are making a bad name for their religion.

Supposed to be ahead of our ancestors from centuries ago...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am sure they would be quite angry if the kaaba was destroyed...
and now they can understand why people are angry when other stuff gets broken.

Don't expect it to make sense. It's religion. They kinda make stuff up as they go. Read this explanation.

Here someone says its not idolatry because it's a focal point for prayer to unite Muslims.

But worshipping the sun is wrong because that would be idolatry.

But the part I don't get is didn't Allah make the sun? Would it even matter?

Why is one spot on the Earth any different than another if it supposedly doesn't mean anything. They are full of semantics.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join