It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian jihadist calls for removal of Sphinx, Pyramids

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

Egyptian jihadist calls for removal of Sphinx, Pyramids

...what a sickening and strange view of the world this man has, he needs a holiday and to get laid methinks

That is probably the most sane response on this thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Why can't we destroy the Mecca stone as well?

Extremist thinking never makes sense...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Then we westerners would be no different to them.

We just have to rise above the stupidity of religious extremists and not get dragged down to their level of violence and destruction.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So are we supposed to be passive and be "above them" and let them destroy?
Allowing the problem to happen is being apart of the problem

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

If they were successful in this...I believe we would quickly find out who really built them, and the Ark of the Covenant would be sprung back into actiion on a kill rampage.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

If he would rather get laid in the adterlife, I will volunteer my services as the executioner if someone can capture him and bring him to the U.S. I'm not some right-wing whacko, not by any stretch, but you bleep with the Sphinx and pyramids, I don't care what religion or crazies club you belong to, I would have no remorse being the one to skin the perpetrators alive.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'd like to see them try to take out the pyramids.... I think they would probably withstand a nuclear blast......

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think before it happens a few of sane countries will step up. I think it would get ugly real fast playing cowboys and muslums. They might not like it but who cares

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Al Arabiya News = The News Of The World.

This guy Murgan Salem al-Gohary can barely spell his own name, let alone organize a team to tear down the pyramids, his just a street preacher trying to get noticed.

Anyway, can you imagine what the egyptians would do to him and his little crew if they started messing with the pyramids or Sphinx.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

reply to post by boncho

Then we westerners would be no different to them.

We just have to rise above the stupidity of religious extremists and not get dragged down to their level of violence and destruction.

I wasn't suggesting it. You are correct. Although I want to know what his thoughts are on the matter. (The extremist)

This reminds me of a video I watched yesterday of a Muslim follower explaining why the prophet's picture is forbidden. (Which plays into the same, idolatry.)

So the video begins with this great rationalization of how the ban on Muhammed's image will prevent generations future to not worship a picture when they should worship Allah. The idea is that seeing people look at the pictures, without proper context will cause the wrong kind of attention for the prophet (peace be upon him), and in time the meaning of the faith could be lost. Young children mistaking the respect paid to the image as worship and eventually the worship being passed down in generations due to misunderstanding.

So as he was explaining the violent reactions to images that have been made (the idea of the video) he then rationalizes that stating that Muhammed is held in the same respect as one's mother and father, and it is how they would protect their family if they were to be insulted in the same way.

Wait what??

That doesn't justify violence.

Hold on...

The guy was doing such a good job of explaining the rationalization. But what the proper answer was, is that by stopping idolatry in the Muslim faith, is to protect the sanctity of the religion.

Okay, there you have an argument that the trueness of the religion relies on the proper worship of Allah, and by making images of the prophet you are jeopardizing the religion. (I'm not really condoning the violence here either, but it makes far more sense.)

One could also argue that by creating images of the prophet, you are hindering peoples' right to express their religion. (Although I myself wouldn't support that argument it makes more sense than others out there.)

---

There needs to be more dialogue. More open forum discussions about Islam, especially in the West. I've spoken with learned Muslims from Egypt and some of them are very, very progressive. Just as many learned Christians are.

---

I'm not religious at all, and I don't agree personally with religion. However, I do believe everyone should have a right to practice religion, and practice whichever one they want. But extremists from any religion have completely destroyed the positives that can come out of the practice. For all the good that has been done, the are mountains of crap floating under the surface of being "true to god"...

edit on 13-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

I bet these stupid muslims don't even know that these standing stones are located at ley-line interception points or portals.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

Maybe they do, and that is their reasoning,
Are you a muslim hater?

This just gets me .. You know what , even thou I am a very tolerant man, in the light of such idiocy, yes You can call me a hater of idiotic Muslims that know only how to destroy something in the name of something they believe in .. I mean WTF? Destroying the Pyramids and the Sphinx ? Really ?? Those creations of man are a wonder and are god knows how old, and some dumb fu*** (sorry mods censure if you want but this is the truth) want to destroy them because of what ? Because somebody told them its their right to do so ?

So if my god (whoever that might be) told me I can go and kill /rape / destroy whatever I want because it is not dandy with him then I have the right to do so ? Please clarify ? Damn it I hate idiots , and I don't not care what nationality/faith/race they are ..
edit on 13/11/12 by Thill because: (no reason given)

the same could be said about american & uk & canadian politicians ..they kill rape & destroy whatever they get their hands on as well. its hypocritical to lay blame solely on 1 group.

he who is without sin cast the first stone...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I wanna see an entire nation full of JEEHODYSTS tear down the great pyramid, but by hand and 1 block at a time starting from the top, then we can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt whether or not the pyramid was built by humans or aliens

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

When are these idiots going to stop wanting to destroy this worlds ancient architecture ?

They won't, this is only apart of their long history of destruction, it has always been in their nature it seems.

Well if muslim extremists start destroying places like Stonehenge or God help them, places linked to my ancestry like Lanyon-Quoit and Merry Maidens as shown below respectively.

i will be the one bashing their thick skulls against the nearest standing stone.
If there is one thing that really p1ss3s me off; its when mindless religeous fanatics believe they have the right to destroy a priceless piece of art constructed by our ancestors.

I too feel the exact same way. However, what is not stopped will only continue, the defacing of priceless ancient ruins and artifacts are not the only things being destroyed.. Other things in which our ancestors made, such as our cultures, our beliefs, our people, and our history even, are being destroyed as well. In mainstream society, if you express such a concern for your people, or question the ways of other groups, perfect example here, muslims, you become the modern day heretik, the "bad guy" for wanting to preserve your people and what they created, you become the bad guy for questioning those who deface it and the ideologies in which cause it's destruction.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
No one tearing down ancient monuments, it's just a Arabic tabloid trying to get a shock story.

The problem is those who shout loudest get heard the most, and these extremist shout loudest, and tabloids know fear sells, so they love these idiots.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wouldn't bother me if I never went to see the pyramids; I've managed up to now. Like previously said, there are no bigger exploitative governments than the US and UK. If we have the right to exploit people around the world, the Egyptian people have the right to exploit their own religion/property.
There's too much aggression towards other cultures going on here.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't care about all the whining and moaning and random calls from somebody who's cookoo for cocoapuffs. Likely, he's trying to look prim and proper and holy, and I'm sure somebody will eventually take him aside and tell him that it will be a major hit to GDP if they tear those things down. The tourist dollars are, without a doubt, astronomical.

It's when they start actually doing it that I will be foaming at the mouth demanding action. And, honestly, it will be because it will signal that they are willing to take a huge blow to their wellbeing for some symbolic religious action. That will be my hint that they need to be stopped immediately.
edit on 13-11-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Egypt cannot rely on tourism any more.

Egypt's vital tourism industry has suffered from the country's internal unrest in the wake of the 2011 uprising that toppled autocratic leader Hosni Mubarak. A delegation from the International Monetary Fund is currently in Egypt for negotiations over a $4.8 billion loan aimed at bolstering the country's ailing economy.

I really hope there are people who has common sense and important historical places of mankind will be save.
Not long ago they found untouchable grave of Egyptian Princess and there is still lot to explore.

Grave of princess

More we know about our history more we understand us

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am with others on the thread in saying these are not for extremists to destroy. These ARE extremists we're talking about though and absolutely not the Islamic Faith. The Caliphates of the past have absolutely covered Egypt and nations far beyond it. The Pyramids have stood largely unmolested. The real damage seems to have taken the British, Americans, Germans then Americans again to really get done in the 20th Century. Islam could have destroyed it many times in the past and nothing is so massive it cannot be destroyed.

As one other poster notes though, I also believe we'd come to find out more in a very brief period of time about who and what is behind those Pyramids and the rest of them around Earth than w EVER wanted to learn that way.

The modern day extremists have done things like this before.

..The Pyramids are much larger but it would be a scale of time and resources I think. In that case, I think the major world powers ought to do something really new and different and make the military strike to stop such a thing (If proven to be about to happen or happening) one where all have a part.

Those are the property and heritage (and more) of a species, not a nation, in my strong and deeply held opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
it wont happen

egypt is not run by jihadist

egypt is run by academics first.....for over 5000 yrs

they have one of the highest graduat rates......

peace

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that there are people in the world who would advocate the destruction of these historical/religious sites. Most of which are thousands of years old and are a direct link to understanding our past and, who knows, may direct us towards the future.
IMHO, the people who are advocating such acts are people who cannot live in a modern society where multiculturalism and understanding rules.
edit on 13-11-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join