It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of Defense John Kerry??? Said to be Obama's 'favorite choice'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
he was at this years Bilderberg, also a member of the CFR, it makes sense,

i think his past that people are not privy to, is worse than the scandal that have been publicized

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
he was at this years Bilderberg, also a member of the CFR, it makes sense,

Oh yes ... that's another area that we aren't talking about ... the NWO conspiracy angle.
There is so much fodder from his lies and his slams against the military, it kind of
dwarfs the fact that he's in with the Bilderbergs, the CFR and .. the Skull and Bones boys.

He's a Skull and Bones brother of George W. Bush. That should give the warm fuzzies to the die hard liberals who luv Kerry no matter what the facts about him show.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

nuff said

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
For all the knuckle draggers out there who think women haven't served in Vietnam ...

Women ... The Unknown Soldiers

Between 1962 and 1973, according to Department of Defense statistics, approximately 7,500 women served on active military duty in Vietnam. The Veteran's Administration puts the numbers even higher, at around 11,000. Independent surveys estimate that the number of women, both civilian and non-civilian, working in Vietnam during the war is between 33,000 and 55,000 (Marshall 4-5).

Despite these high numbers of women in the military, women have had a long road to equality. Women were treated as second class soldiers, both in the military and after coming home

Second class soldiers .. well .. we are seeing that even on this thread .. aren't we?

Women in Vietnam dot Com
Women Who Died in Vietnam
History Channel - Women in the Vietnam War
Vietnam War Stats
American Women Who Died In Vietnam ..the virtual 'Wall'

Men and women served TOGETHER. Men volunteers .. women volunteers ... TOGETHER. As a team. The head can't do without the heart, the heart can't do without the head. The body needs feet and hands both. The entire military served TOGETHER. To try to 'chat down' the role women play in the military .. that's just wrong.

BTW .. women were proudly serving in Korea and World War II as well.
It isn't 'new' for women in America to serve their country and to serve along side men.
And yes .. they were POWs as well.

edit on 11/14/2012 by FlyersFan because: link

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Second class soldiers .. well .. we are seeing that even on this thread .. aren't we?

Met my wife in the Army – she was an Engineer Officer. What attracted me to her was her leadership ability and the respect she commanded from her Soldiers. That and her technical competence. One of the most squared away Soldiers I have even known.

Don't sweat the ignorance of people who do not know - I served with many great women. Sometimes under fire and sometimes not of course. I saw no real appreciable difference in their performance other than they were not SF operators and my Soldiers were so of course their tactical abilities were not the same.

We had female interpreters, and intelligence officers and NCOs along with a string of nurses and doctors assigned at various times for specific missions. They performed their duties with vigor and enthusiasm.

I will caveat that in almost every case their presence resulted in some sexual shenanigans and some discord in the unit as petty jealousies erupted. Sometimes, it was a significant disruption.

Got into several small firefights with them present, almost always I was right there with them since usually when they were around their presence was the reason for that mission for the day/week. I saw no cowardice. I even had to hold one young Captain back it was funny. I was like "hey, doc, without you the exams are not going to get done let's you and I find a hiding spot and let my team handle this".

I proudly signed her Combat Action Badge request.

I worked with a female interrogator once who was perhaps the best I have even seen in a hostile interrogation setting.

It isn't 'new' for women in America to serve their country and to serve along side men.

Been around for a long time – only gonna see more of it.

Oh, and thank you for your service.

edit on 14/11/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Spoken like a true partisan far lefter.

Was that supposed to be an ad-hominem attack? You may have been successful if:

a. I held any allegiance to your ridiculous and farcial political teams.

or

b. if "far lefter" was actually something to be offended about.

If you knew anything about me you'd know my views go so far to the left AND the right that they touch. And that I'm convinced that the people in charge use your stupid parties to keep you all frothing at each other and distracted while they screw you over from behind. Which seems to be working brilliantly, I might add.

I'm not a Republican or a Democrat. I'm an American. But I will admit speaking to those filthy liberals is a lot easier than speaking to neo-cons as their dialogue is significantly more reality-based, and less full of bigotry and ignorance.

Because of people like you, the kind who cling to their political ideology like a shield and refuse to even consider the ideas and needs of people outside your little closed universe, I'm convinced we're all doomed. So I've got my popcorn and I'm gonna enjoy the rest of the ride while we all burn. And if Obama nominating John Kerry is what's making the neocon cornflakes taste like urine today, well bring it on.

I sat through the swift boat crap the first time around and recognized it for what it was: crap. There isn't a thing you've posted today about the evils of John Kerry that the filthy liberals don't have a retort for, and they've usually got reality on their side. Too bad about them being spineless cowards, though. I'm not sure what's worse, maybe you can help? Is it the neo-con's evil or the weakness of the liberals that is more shameful?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Kerry would be the worst choice for Secretary of Defence! Personally, I believe the best choice would be Petraeus.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Because of people like you, the kind who cling to their political ideology like a shield and refuse to even consider the ideas and needs of people outside your little closed universe,

OMG you are hysterical! What EXACTLY are my political ideologies that I 'cling to' and who are people like me? Do you even know?? Answer .. NO. You assume too much and are not here enough to know where people stand in the political spectrum. Anyways, I'm not the subject of this thread. JOHN KERRY is ....

Again .. this isn't a 'NEOCON' issue or a 'DIRTY LIBERAL' issue .. it's a KERRY ISSUE. This is a matter of a proven liar who trashes the military and it's people, being 'the favorite choice' of Obama for Secretary of Defense. It's a matter of it being a serious slap in the face to every veteran .. be they politically on the left or right or in the middle. It's got NOTHING to do with 'NEOCONS' or 'LIBERALS' and it's got everything to do with Kerry's pathetic record with the miltiary.
edit on 11/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Since John Kerry spent a lot of time em-bedded with President Obama, prepping him for the debates, and the President won re-election, it's no wonder that John Kerry would receive a very important reward of thanks!
-cwm

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
We are now ruled by a looter government. Fifty to seventy years of banality await us until something truly awful catches us sleeping and finally brings it all crashing down.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
We are now ruled by a looter government. Fifty to seventy years of banality await us until something truly awful catches us sleeping and finally brings it all crashing down.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
There's actual records of his medals and honors which makes the allegations that he lied about them utterly ridiculous.

Oh .. he got those three Purple Hearts alright. But how he got them and if he deserved them is where the problem is. Not to mention the fact that he threw them away so he really has no right to brag about them now.

As for the movie, I've never seen it.

Still Photo and Description Here

Tedd Peck, who piloted PCF-94 before being wounded and turning over command to Kerry, told WorldNetDaily the footage taken in Vietnam is “phony.”

Kerry’s 8-millimeter films show him with grenades hanging from a flack jacket, but Peck says the members of the swift-boat crew were not ground troops — being told never to leave the boat — and never were issued grenades because of the chance of them ricocheting when lobbed from the deck.

“He found [the grenades] and wanted to make himself look like a gungho John Wayne,” said Peck, who said he didn’t like Kerry from the start. “That’s what it is, Hollywood.”

1 Minute Youtube Video - John Kerry 'admitting' that he was a really nasty piece of work in Vietnam
(I don't buy any of it)

8 minute Youtube Video - Vietnam Vets Stolen Honor

Seriously World Net Daily as a source, this is way below most attacks on Democrats. Even true republicans don't rely on WND as a source.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Does it matter who is the secdef? Just like it does not matter who is President the decision has already been made.I can see how Kerry would appeal to Obama's handlers he would take some of the heat off of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join