It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of Defense John Kerry??? Said to be Obama's 'favorite choice'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Discussion and exposing checkered pasts' aren't 'whining'. AS I'VE SAID elsewhere here .... Although I wish Hillary would stay on, Bill Richarson and Jon Huntsman are Obama's best choices for both the Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense positions. He needs to have people who are experienced and as free of baggage as possible. Even considering John Kerry is a major slap in the face to every veteran in the country. John Kerry 'owns his past'.

Hillary, Bill Richardson, Jon Huntsman. But not John Kerry.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by FlyersFan

A poorly informed woman at that. Susan Rice (and Jon Huntsman) are the only others inconsideration to fill the positions of Secretary of State and of Defense.

:shk: I KNOW THAT. I said 'Rice Who?' because this thread isn't talking about her.
This is about KERRY. I stated that.

And I don't care if you are a women, man up and take the consequences of losing.

What are you talking about? Do you even know? This has NOTHING to do with republican or democrat winning the election. (and I didn't vote for either). Get a grip. This is about who is Secretary of Defense.

Quit whining like a child.

YOU are the one whining like a child. This is a DISCUSSION BOARD. And that's what we are doing. Discussing a situation. If you don't like the fact that people are discussing a situation .. then go play elsewhere.

You don't get to say who goes where.

I never claimed to be able to make that decision. We are discussing what we like and dislike. YOU don't get to say who can and can't exercise their fist amendment right to discuss the new Secretary of Defense.

You don't get to malign a decent military career because the man was anti war the whole time he was defending our freedom.

Telling the truth about the mans checkered past isn't 'maligning a decent military career'. And he definately was too busy self promoting to do any 'defending of our country'.

Did you join the services and go overseas to fight for our country? If you didn't I don't think you get to say anything about Kerry.

YES .... I joined the US Army and went overseas. And none of my military medals are for getting grains of rice stuck in my butt from a self frag of a grenade too close. Not that it's any of your business .. and not that it has anything to do at all with if Kerry is a good match for the position or not. My five years in the US Army are irrelevant as to if Kerry should be in the position.

ETA - THE SUBJECT IS JOHN KERRY .. not me .. try to stick to it.
edit on 11/14/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

OK I like John Kerry and I think he is a pretty good choice. I don't know what you are whining on about his selection. Perhaps you with your experience might be considered for the job? Do you have any solutions to your problems or are you just trying to drown the populace (and members of this discussion board) in inconsequential argument for arguments sake? Run out of paint for the gun?

People who simply whine and complain about what is without providing solutions or suggestions for what should be are really not worthy of the back and forth in my opinion. But that's just my opinion. As far as I know I am still entitled to it. Don't worry the Republican party will get a chance to run things again and then you can side with them to help them dictate my vote and take my opinion away.

How about Colin Powell instead of John Kerry? Far more knowledgeable about the military, and also openly supported and endorsed the President. Or Norman Schwarzkopf? Former Joint Chief of Staff ADM Mike Mullen? Those are just three off the top of my head that would be far better options for SECDEF than Kerry.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Oh my!

I can't believe someone said that out loud!

"Let the men speak..." Is kerry on ATS?

I'm actually laughing out loud at such barbarianism!

Okay...it's out of my system...carry on!

First it was a typo (so don't go all Pelosi on me) but even if it wasn't.

I agree it is typically barbarism spewing forth but what complaint do you have with letting men speak?

After all it was men that served alongside John Kerry in this war we are maligning him for his part in it which is unconscionable to me, (bashing a decorated American soldier?) although you might be OK with it.
It is the men that served with him that are the only ones who have a say in the way John Kerry handled himself in that battle. There are going to me a few sides pro and con but I will bet you they will be mostly men. I do not recall any women who served alongside him but I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I agree it is typically barbarism spewing forth but what complaint do you have with letting men speak?

No complaints here...let everyone speak I say!

Men, women, children, dogs, ducks,...etc...whoever wants to have a say!

Even Kerry can have a say!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

A poorly informed woman at that. Susan Rice (and Jon Huntsman) are the only others inconsideration to fill the positions of Secretary of State and of Defense.

:shk: I KNOW THAT. I said 'Rice Who?' because this thread isn't talking about her.
This is about KERRY. I stated that.

And I don't care if you are a women, man up and take the consequences of losing.

What are you talking about? Do you even know? This has NOTHING to do with republican or democrat winning the election. (and I didn't vote for either). Get a grip. This is about who is Secretary of Defense.

Quit whining like a child.

YOU are the one whining like a child. This is a DISCUSSION BOARD. And that's what we are doing. Discussing a situation. If you don't like the fact that people are discussing a situation .. then go play elsewhere.

You don't get to say who goes where.

I never claimed to be able to make that decision. We are discussing what we like and dislike. YOU don't get to say who can and can't exercise their fist amendment right to discuss the new Secretary of Defense.

You don't get to malign a decent military career because the man was anti war the whole time he was defending our freedom.

Telling the truth about the mans checkered past isn't 'maligning a decent military career'. And he definately was too busy self promoting to do any 'defending of our country'.

Did you join the services and go overseas to fight for our country? If you didn't I don't think you get to say anything about Kerry.

YES .... I joined the US Army and went overseas. And none of my military medals are for getting grains of rice stuck in my butt from a self frag of a grenade too close. Not that it's any of your business .. and not that it has anything to do at all with if Kerry is a good match for the position or not. My five years in the US Army are irrelevant as to if Kerry should be in the position.

ETA - THE SUBJECT IS JOHN KERRY .. not me .. try to stick to it.
edit on 11/14/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

OK I like John Kerry and I think he is a pretty good choice. I don't know what you are whining on about his selection. Perhaps you with your experience might be considered for the job? Do you have any solutions to your problems or are you just trying to drown the populace (and members of this discussion board) in inconsequential argument for arguments sake? Run out of paint for the gun?

People who simply whine and complain about what is without providing solutions or suggestions for what should be are really not worthy of the back and forth in my opinion. But that's just my opinion. As far as I know I am still entitled to it. Don't worry the Republican party will get a chance to run things again and then you can side with them to help them dictate my vote and take my opinion away.

How about Colin Powell instead of John Kerry? Far more knowledgeable about the military, and also openly supported and endorsed the President. Or Norman Schwarzkopf? Former Joint Chief of Staff ADM Mike Mullen? Those are just three off the top of my head that would be far better options for SECDEF than Kerry.

I completely agree with these picks and I hope Obama takes advice from those around him and does not simply go with his first choice. These ARE important decisions that can have far reaching and long term affects. I am just not on board with the Kerry slandering. I don't think it is right to target a whistle blower and it actually says you want to run your military like Chicago runs it's cops. With immunity from any wrongdoing what so ever. I think it is beyond wrong and sets a dangerous and extremely bad precedent. To allow that behavior to stand is insidious partisan politicking and would be worse for the country than having someone like John Kerry as secy of Defense.

edit on 14-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

He did so for political expediency to gain favor with veterans then he threw them in the trash to gain favor with the leaders of the anti-war left. Look where he is now…real anti-government, huh?? He's a career crook!

So how is opposing government policies in South East Asia, throwing troops in the trash?

You may be a veteran, but I bet you $100 you didn't have to take an aluminum boat down a river
flanked by dense jungle either.

The military doesn’t give purple hearts out like candy. He was an officer and likely nominated himself for everything, which typically doesn’t happen. He’s a poser!!

He's a poser because he isn't sanctioned by the GOP or conservatives. However, all your sorry ass
conservative politicians dodged the draft.

You swear he nominated himself
- high school innuendo goes a long way - in the cheerleader circuit.

Unfortunately, we are on ATS

Would it matter…really? Must a person have been awarded a purple heart to criticize someone who obtained 3 under suspicious circumstances in a 4 month period?

The circumstances are only suspicious because Karl Rove created the "suspicion" for political expediency,
in order to reelect W, a great American success story at that

How many Purple Hearts do you have?

I love how the Right Wing bubble has been able to sustain the trouncing y'all got last Tuesday.
Keep that bubble alive at all costs, wouldn't want reality to come shinning in!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

You don't get to malign a decent military career because the man was anti war the whole time he was defending our freedom. So what? A lot of people are. Did you join the services and go overseas to fight for our country? If you didn't I don't think you get to say anything about Kerry. Just sit back and let the men speak.

Yeah. And make me a sammich!

WTF???

Really?
So just because FF simply served in the US Army, she has no say?

Wah.

Your post has fail all over it.

Just because she has no business making character judgement about John Kerry's action in a war she was not present and NOT a witness to the truth in. That has FAIL all over it.

You also are taking words out of context and going all Pelosi ("you have to read it to know whats in it") on me. Nice try but if your understanding was a little broader you might actually catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You don't get to malign a decent military career because the man was anti war the whole time he was defending our freedom. So what? A lot of people are. Did you join the services and go overseas to fight for our country? If you didn't I don't think you get to say anything about Kerry. Just sit back and let the men speak.

WTF???

Really?

Wah.

Just because she has no business making judgement about John Kerry's action in a war she was not present in. That has FAIL all over it.

That has Neocon all over it...

I swear by god there must be a handbook...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

WTF???

Really?

Wah.

Just because she has no business making judgement about John Kerry's action in a war she was not present in. That has FAIL all over it.

That has Neocon all over it...

I swear by god there must be a handbook...

There is one. You don't read Karl Rove or Frank Luntz?
No wonder you're losing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is awesome. Anytime the neo-cons get this frothy about someone it pretty much convinces me they're the right person for the job. *thumbs up to the Kerry nomination.*

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Swift boating, outright lies and more spin. Keep catapulting the propaganda, op.

Sickening.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Only men can have a say about John Kerry's behavior because only men were in Vietnam?
Dude, that's seriously LAME.
1 - There were women serving in Vietnam and in the military as well.
2 - MANY of the men who were in Vietnam think Kerry is a poser. (and a liar)
3 - The lies of Winter Soldier and Kerry effected the ENTIRE COUNTRY.

I am just not on board with the Kerry slandering. I don't think it is right to target a whistle blower ...

1 - Telling the truth and exposing a persons baggage isn't 'slandering'. It's called VETTING and EXPOSING PROBLEMS. It's called 'not sweeping crap under the rug simply because a person has a (D) or a (R) after their name.

2 - Kerry wasn't a 'whistle blower'. To be a whistle blower you have to expose the truth. Kerry did not. HE LIED. Winter soldier was one massive bloviating and self promoting LIE told by Kerry for his own political gain.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Just because she has no business making character judgement about John Kerry's action in a war she was not present and NOT a witness to the truth in. That has FAIL all over it.

Wrong. What has FAIL all over it is that some on the left are protecting John Kerry simply because he has a (D) after his name. Every American has 'plenty of business' making a character judgement about John Kerrys actions during the war and during the Winter Soldier mess. To say that people can't come to a judgement based on the facts .. that's absurd.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Anytime the neo-cons get this frothy about someone it pretty much convinces me they're the right person for the job.

It's not a neo-con thing. It's a common sense thing. Do you even know what Winter Soldier is?
(without googling it first ..) I highly doubt it.

*thumbs up to the Kerry nomination.*

Spoken like a true partisan far lefter. Ignore the facts .. ignore that putting this man in charge of the DOD is a major slap in the face to every veteran in the country ... but put him in because, in your imagination, this is a 'neo-con thing'. Lovely. :shk:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Only men can have a say about John Kerry's behavior because only men were in Vietnam? Dude, that's seriously LAME. 1 - There were women serving in Vietnam and in the military as well.

It is assumptions and misrepresentations that are seriously LAME.

MANY of the men who were in Vietnam think Kerry is a poser. (and a liar)

And I can find as many of them that disagree with you and say you're wrong.

And they were not just "in Vietnam" they were right alongside John Kerry, privy to the facts,

and none of them were women.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Wrong. What has FAIL all over it is that some on the left are protecting John Kerry simply because he has a (D) after his name. Every American has 'plenty of business' making a character judgement about John Kerrys actions during the war and during the Winter Soldier mess. To say that people can't come to a judgement based on the facts .. that's absurd.

I think it is more about respect for people in general and the dignity of human life in war and in peace. And with regards to the D after his name...that is preposterous. It is about a reverence and respect for the military. You should thank Obama for taking 15,000 homeless veterans off the streets instead of whining yes whining about an imperfect choice for Secretary of Defense. Some of these choices just are not yours. The rest of the Republicans WILL vote in Kerry over Rice whom they will protest and so that is pretty much the end of it. Suck it up soldier.

WINTER SOLDIERS were correct but though no one paid any attention to them in 1971 it came up in the 2004 elections as a tool against Kerry for participating. He should be proud he participated. What is with the "we protect our own mentality" whether right or wrong? This is like the Chicago Cops and they just got fined because of it. The military cronyism doesn't sell well in the light of day either.

You can make it a conspiracy but WINTER SOLDIERS did the right thing and they are all heros. You don't HAVE to die to be a hero from a Republican standpoint - it helps.

Winter Soldier Investigation

The purpose of the Winter Soldier Investigation was to show that American policies in Vietnam had led to war crimes.

In the words of one participant veteran, Donald Dzagulones "We gathered not to sensationalize our service but to decry the travesty that was Lt. William Calley's trial for the My Lai Massacre.

The U.S. had established the principle of culpability with the Nuremberg trials of the Nazis.

Following those principles, we held that if Calley were responsible, so were his superiors up the chain of command — even to the president.

The causes of My Lai and the brutality of the Vietnam War were rooted in the policies of our government as executed by our military commanders."

The name "Winter Soldier Investigation" was proposed by Mark Lane, and was derived from Thomas Paine's first American Crisis paper, written in December 1776.

When future Senator John Kerry, then a decorated Lieutenant in the Naval Reserve (Inactive), later spoke before a Senate Committee, he explained, "We who have come here to Washington have come here because we feel we have to be winter soldiers now. We could come back to this country; we could be quiet; we could hold our silence; we could not tell what went on in Vietnam, but we feel because of what threatens this country, the fact that the crimes threaten it, not reds, and not redcoats but the crimes which we are committing that threaten it, that we have to speak out."

AND YET...

Mainstream media all but ignored the Winter Soldier Investigation. The local field reporter for the Times, Jerry M. Flint, commented with uninterest, "this stuff happens in all wars."

In a Feb.1971 article he wrote that "much of what they said had been reported or televised before, even from Vietnam.

BUT THEN...

More than 30 years after....during the 2004 presidential campaign in which John Kerry was a candidate... Steve Pitkin, a participant at the investigation in 1971, now made statements claiming that he was not originally planning to testify ...claims he was pressured by Kerry and others into testifying....and repeated these claims at an anti-Kerry political rally just weeks before the presidential election.

You can't recognize partisan based lies?

The guy was quiet for 30 years and then all of a sudden there's an election, Kerry is running, now he says he was pressured? You are the only one who was fooled.

Pitkin was recruited by the GOP JUST LIKE JOE THE PLUMBER.

He retracts all his statements from 30 years earlier and suddenly insists
(at a Republican convention
) Kerry forced him into it...

Pitkin lied for the first reason anyone does. He made money switching his tale.

And the Republicans put him up to it for the same reason they do anything ..
POWER AND MONEY

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well, this really shows what the agenda is in my view. The agenda is mostly pacificsm for fighting against world totalitarianism and the real enemies of the USA. John Kerry though is really just the opposite side of the Hegelian Skull and Bones coin as Bush. Still, with him in the forefront, his actions will be more obvious.
edit on 14-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

You mean this John F'n Kerry
This quote from him really scares me, but with the current POTUS, I think Kerry fits their agenda nicely

I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations. John Kerry
Kerry quotes

Yep, that's it! This is the agenda of this administration and all the globalists left and right.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It is assumptions and misrepresentations that are seriously LAME.

There are no assumptions or misrepresentations when it comes to John Kerry.
The dude LIED over and over. That's the truth. Deal with it.
His lies are exposed all through this thread. I suggest you go back and re-read it.
Educate yourself.

And they were not just "in Vietnam" they were right alongside John Kerry, privy to the facts,

Like Kerrys Commanding Officer whom Kerry reported to ...
Military Corruption - Their John Kerry Files

Grant Hibbard of Gulf Breeze, Fla., a retired Navy officer, told MilitaryCorruption.com he was the commanding officer to whom Kerry reported his “battle wound” on Dec. 3, 1968.

“I had confirmed that there was no hostile fire that night and that Kerry had simply wounded himself with an M-79 grenade round he fired too close. He wanted a Purple Heart, and I refused.”

The former Navy commander said Louis Letson, the base physician, saw Kerry and used tweezers to remove a tiny piece of shrapnel – about 1 centimeter in length and 2 millimeters in diameter – from the lieutenant j.g.’s (junior grade) forearm.

“Letson confirmed that the scratch had been self-inflicted when Kerry clumsily used the M-79.”
It’s been more than 35 years since the incident, but Hibbard still recalls Kerry’s actions with disgust.

“It is unacceptable to nominate yourself for a combat award. It compromises the basic military principle that we survive together.. To promote yourself is to denigrate your team . . . Kerry orchestrated his way out of Vietnam [in four months – a third of the required tour of duty] and then testified, under oath, before Congress that we, his comrades, had committed horrible war crimes..

and none of them were women.

My god you are a neanderthal. :shk:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You should thank Obama for taking 15,000 homeless veterans off the streets instead of whining yes whining about an imperfect choice for Secretary of Defense.

Why are you off topic deflecting about Obama when this thread all KERRY? We are all capable of compartmentalizing .. applaud Obama for whatever good he might stumble into in another thread and expose Kerry and the poor choice he'd make for Dept of Defense Secretary in this thread.

Some of these choices just are not yours.

I never claimed to be able to make cabinet choices. Your insinuation that I did is absurd.

WINTER SOLDIERS were correct ..

OMG ... that's HYSTERICAL!
It's been proven to be one big lie.
You seriously need to read this thread again. Kerrys lie after lie are exposed ...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join