It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of Defense John Kerry??? Said to be Obama's 'favorite choice'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Secretary of Defense John "Winter Soldier" Kerry?? Are you freak'n kidding me??

John 'Winter Soldier' Kerry - who paid people to fake being war veterans and to tell false stories to a congressional investigation ("Winter Soldier") of what was happening in Vietnam.

John "Winter Soldier' Kerry - who went to France and ILLEGALLY met with the enemy during war time in that foreign country and 'negotiated' with them - without any kind of approval from our government.

John "Winter Soldier' Kerry - Who threw away his war medals .. who made a big show of tossing them over the fence at the White House .. but then claimed them back again when he ran for POTUS. He played with his medals for the press, depending on how the winds of politics were going.

John "Winter Soldier" Kerry - Who faked film footage of himself tramping around a battlefield in Vietnam so he could use it for his political purposes back in CONUS .. and he got the fake uniform wrong.

John "Winter Soldier" Kerry - three scratches and three Purple Hearts and out of Vietnam in four months.

John "Winter Soldier" Kerry - who told the dramatic story about 'Christmas in Cambodia' and how it was seared into his mind .. and yet it never really happened.

John "Winter Soldier" Kerry as Defense Secretary?
Man ... this is worse than having Obama as POTUS. :shk:

NY Daily News

John Kerry appears to be the favorite to become the next secretary of defense. President Obama has his eye on the senior senator from Massachusetts for the job that will be vacated by Leon Panetta once a replacement is found, The Washington Post reported Monday.

Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee in 2004, has long desired to be secretary of state, but it appears Obama has other plans for him. The speculation comes as Obama begins restructuring his Cabinet and other key positions in the administration for his second term.

edit on 11/13/2012 by FlyersFan because: added christmas in cambodia

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

John 'Winter Soldier' Kerry - who paid people to fake being war veterans and to tell false stories to a congressional investigation ("Winter Soldier") of what was happening in Vietnam.

Proof?

Verifying the testimony

According to Army reports compiled by the Criminal Investigation Command (CID) and later reported by the Village Voice following declassification, the Army found the allegations made by 46 veterans at the hearings to merit further inquiry. As of March 1972, the CID reported successfully locating 36 of the people who had testified, 31 of whom submitted to interviews.[20]

One WSI participant, Jamie Henry, had reported the massacre he described at the hearings [21] to the Army, which investigated and subsequently confirmed his story. However, the details of the investigation were not made public until 2006, when the Los Angeles Times published the declassified information.[22]

en.wikipedia.org...

John "Winter Soldier' Kerry - Who threw away his war medals .. who made a big show of tossing them over the fence at the White House .. but then claimed them back again when he ran for POTUS. He played with his medals for the press, depending on how the winds of politics were going.

A lot of Vietnam vets tossed their war medals as a sign of protest, what is your issue? He earned the medals, whether he has them physically or not.

John "Winter Soldier" Kerry - Who faked film footage of himself tramping around a battlefield in Vietnam so he could use it for his political purposes back in CONUS .. and he got the fake uniform wrong.

Proof?

John "Winter Soldier" Kerry - three scratches and three Purple Hearts and out of Vietnam in four months.

The criteria for the Purple Heart call for its award for any injury received during combat requiring treatment by a medical officer; the military makes no distinction regarding the severity of the injury. Under military regulations, the Purple Heart can also be awarded for "friendly fire" wounds in the "heat of battle," so long as the fire is targeted "under full intent of inflicting damage or destroying enemy troops or equipment."

en.wikipedia.org...
www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The Swift Boat crap again? Have people not learned yet that men such as Jerome Corsi (yes the birther king, he co-wrote Unfit for Command) and Karl Rove and the tactics (lies) they employ are useless in today's availability of information?

Every bit of that Swift Boat nonsense has been debunked both in media and the court room. It didn't lose Kerry any support in his campaign for President and it won't lose him any support for Secretary of Defense or Secretary of State... whichever Obama appoints him for.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Dude .. wikipedia .. seriously?
Everything I posted is true. Everything.
He'd be the worst possible choice for Secretary of Defense.
Bill Richardson (D) or Jon Huntsman (R) whom Obama has worked with very well ... sure.
But Jon Kerry? That's insanity.

Investigate the Winter Soldier Investigation
Winter Soldier .. Key Points
John Kerry - Busted by Historians

Again -

Going to France and illegally meeting with the enemy during war time in that foreign country and 'negotiated' with them - without any kind of approval from our government. He should have been put in jail for this. He shouldn't be in a position of respect and responsibility when it comes to our national security. He's untrustworthy and shows a severe lack of good judgement.

He threw away his war medals and made a big show for the press of tossing them over the fence at the White House .. but then claimed them back again when he ran for POTUS. Typical politician playing with sentiments depending on the winds of change. Lovely kind of fella to have as Secretary of Defense. NOT!

The dude faked film footage of himself tramping around a battlefield in Vietnam so he could use it for his political purposes back in CONUS .. and he got the fake uniform wrong. More misdirection and lies and coverup from a politician. Yep .. exactly what we need in a Secretary of Defense. :shk:

John "Winter Soldier" Kerry - who told the dramatic story about 'Christmas in Cambodia' and how it was seared into his mind .. and yet it never really happened. Real trustworthy fella.
Yep .. I'd trust him to tell the truth about Benghazi or Syria or Pakistan or Iran ..... sure I would. (sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Is this the same Kerry that said that the uneducated will end up in Iraq?

Hmmm, I am not to sure about the decision, perhaps internal democratic party forces at work?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Yes .. the snob did indeed say that ...
Federalist Journal

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq."

- John Kerry Quote
edit on 11/13/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This Country is going to hell.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Yes .. the snob did indeed say that ...
Federalist Journal

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq."

- John Kerry Quote

when you think about it, it's quite true. what's the difference between saying that and, if you can't find a job you'll end up in the service. lol

as much as i do not put down service members, lets face it, the service is the go to for the people who didn't do well in school, it's become one of their only career choices left in our country.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Dear god no!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

He did not illegally go to France...

COMPLETE TESTIMONY OF LT. JOHN KERRY
TO
SENATE FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMITTEE
On Behalf of Vietnam Veterans Against the War
From the Congressional Record (92nd Congress, 1st Session)
for Thursday, April 22, 1971

*snip*

WINTER SOLDIER INVESTIGATION
I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in
Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very
highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not
isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of
officers at all levels of command.

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped
wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs,
blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of
Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged
the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the
normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this
country.

*snip*

Mr. KERRY.

My feeling, Senator, is undoubtedly this Congress, and I don’t mean to
sound pessimistic, but I do not believe that this Congress will, in fact, end the war as we
would like to, which is immediately and unilaterally and, therefore, if I were to speak I
would say we would set a date and the date obviously would be the earliest possible date.
But I would like to say, in answering that, that I do not believe it is necessary to stall any
longer. I have been to Paris. I have talked with both delegations at the peace talks, that is to say the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the Provisional Revolutionary Government and of all eight of Madam Binh’s points it has been stated time and time again, and was stated by Senator Vance Hartke when he returned from Paris, and it has been stated by many other officials of this Government, if the United States were to set a date for withdrawal the prisoners of war would be returned.

Bolding mine.
Berkley Library

He attended the Peace Talks in Paris, that is all. I recommend people read the whole testimony... pretty powerful stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Agreed, it did come off condescending but it is the truth. You're either born rich with a prepaid education, work your ass off and earn scholarships (not everyone is smart enough nor are there enough scholarships around to award to honor students) or you join the military to gain your education. At the time of the statement we had a tremendous amount of very young soldiers who never saw 9/11 coming or the two wars in response, who joined the military to pay for college. Yes, that is a risk you take when you join regardless of how peaceful it is when you join and they deserve no less honor for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I applaud this and every other nonsensical idiotic decision made by Obama and all the Democrats. It either pushes the D party out the door or further proves the D voters have absolutely no clue about anything. Lately it's been the latter.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Kerry did promise to wage a "Kinder,gentler,war." Back when he was campaigning.
Maybe Obama wants to have a hug-of-war with Iran.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
He did not illegally go to France...

He was allowed to go to France .. of course. But he was NOT allowed to engage in conversations and 'end of war discussions' with what was 'the enemy' at the time.

ETA .. and those supposed 150 honorably discharged vets that testified ... only 30 or so could actually be accounted for. The rest ... either never were in the service or took false names of real service members .. or something else. John Kerry testifying that Winter Soldier was real is like the bible claiming the bible is the only true book of God ... or like the White House investigating itself and saying they aren't criminals ... circular logic ... doesn't work.

John Kerry lied. Thats the bottom line. He lied in Winter Soldier. He engaged in conversations with 'the enemy' that he had no business doing. He manipulated and misrepresented in order to gain political leverage for himself. I hope the news shows those ridiculous 'home movies' that he set up of himself tramping around the Vietnam jungles ..
in the wrong uniform ...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
In this day and age, having Kerry as SOD would be like having Neville Chamberlain as our SOD. Hes very opinionated, and many Vets don't trust him. You need someone with a backbone. Kerry doesn't cut it. MHO

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Whoo HAAA!! Flipper is back! Now everyone hit the water and do twenty laps PRONTO BABY!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

He didn't negotiate, he asked questions... think about it, Kerry made a lot of very powerful people extremely angry with his anti-war efforts because he was very effective. Had he violated the Logan Act, do you think for one second he would have walked out of that Committee Hearing a free man?

As for the rest of your allegations? They are just that... no proof of such has ever been offered.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
skull and bones scum of the earth.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I believe if Kerry were to be named as the next SecDef, then we will be seeing a uptick of Terrorist incidents or even going to war soon again. The US has enemies that see Obama as weak and with Kerry as SecDef, we will be seen as even weaker.

What's next? Al Gore in charge of the Energy Dept?

Opps! Did I say terrorism? I meant 'man-caused' disasters.

edit on 13-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Secretary of Defense John "Winter Soldier" Kerry?? Are you freak'n kidding me??

A Kerry appointment would not be surprising….these people are all scum.

Oh, and you forgot that Kerry posted a fraudulent DD-214 on his campaign website when he was running for POTUS. He listed a Silver Star with combat “V” for valor. Anyone who knows anything about awards and decorations knows that a Silver Star is ONLY awarded for bravery and valor in combat. Thus, a “V” is NEVER affixed to a Silver Star as it would be redundant. The guy doesn't even know enough about it to fake it correctly.

S&F

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join