It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Tax Shambles - The 'Immoral' Tax Avoiders, Amazon, Starbucks and Google

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i dont think we'll ever get these big ceo's to pay their share.
Look at the Lawyers and such they can afford.. they'd probably be willing to put billions into lawyers to save their industry structure.
Who's going to fight that? the only ones that can fight it are the governments through the legal courts,
... and both of them receive kickbacks from the corporations.
It will only happen in our lifetime if people storm the buildings with militia!..

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I do believe you are on the right lines. It will take a revolution to get this changed. The government simply doesn't listen to its people and that is a fact.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

"Anger can be power".

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If you had two buttons. Pressing one meant you pay an extra £500 in tax and pressing the other meant you paid £500 less in tax a year. Both were 100% legal to press. I know which one I would press. Why would I want to give the government more money to bail out irresponsible banks and wage illegal wars.

Don't hate the player hate the game. The game is making money and profit, and doing it within the law. Some companies do things to make them seem good like giving to charity but this is all calculated to improve their image and thus give them more business and more profit. Starbucks Amazon and Google will continue to use these 100% legal loopholes until the point where their public image suffers enough to be a detriment to their profits. Its all about maximizing profit remember.

Now I don't like the rules and the aim of this game but I will not be a hypocrite and criticize the successful players just because they are doing well, I will take my concerns to the game masters and tell them the rules need to change. What a waste of effort and energy targeting the players for playing the game well. The newspapers of this world love to judge and point fingers in outrage, and they know people will buy these newspapers because we love to feel collectively outraged and get into our mob mentality with our pitch forks and burning torches. Makes me sick

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If none of you have seen the below film, I'd highly recommend it. These corporations are screwing us over and they're laughing all the way.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How dare Amazon and Google use these tax loopholes that were designed to be used by European politicians!

As Mr. Spidermonkey put it, Hate the game - not the player. If I see a legal tax loophole, you better believe that I am taking it. If paying taxes is patriotic, where is the outcry over the 48% of Americans who legally pay nothing?
edit on 13-11-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The government cant fix it. The people paid to find the loopholes are the very best, paid the best. The people in the civil service are not usually of the highest calibre. Its a one sided battle.

Only the buying public can win it. Unfortunately the public has a short memory and is easily distracted (I'm livid , furious, this wont stand why i'll....oh look a shiny thing).

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
How the F do you get loopholes in the law, who is the muppet writing these laws, why do the lawmakers always make laws that in the end cost us normal working paying our taxes people the short stop in covering the losses........oh yeah forgot the lawmakers work for the cartels, silly of me.

As a society we are truly screwed, as a race we may have a chance !!!

Wolfie

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

How the F do you get loopholes in the law, who is the muppet writing these laws,

Because the people making the laws are very much in cahoots with the people who prosecute and judge the law and are amongst the people who are exploiting the loopholes and avoiding paying the correct amount of tax.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The government could change the tax laws if it wished and close all the loopholes by making the system much much simpler. It does not do this for both personal and corporate tax because it allows themselves (millionaires cabinet), their friends and party donors to avoid tax. There is an old expression that is very very apt : "Action speaks louder than words". Lack of tax action screams against the hollow complaints about tax avoidance.

Yet another example of the rich getting richer at the expense of the poor PAYE's.

And not forgetting:

Number of Uk bankers in jail - 0
Number of Libor fraudsters in jail- 0
Number personal tax avoiders in jail - 0
Number of leaders of tax avoiding corporations in jail - 0

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Profit is the only thing that the criminals think about, therefore hitting their profits is the weapon we should use.

Dont use fastbucks, support the brits and use the independant highstreet cafs.
Dont use google. use ixquick, they dont collect data!!
Dont use Amazon, with a few exceptions you can find most things much cheaper elswhere.

FLAG THIS THREAD. PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT STUFF LIKE THIS.

edit on 13-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that the tactics used by all 3 of them were legal and in 1 case, even actively encouraged by another sovereign Government? It would seem to me the same thing is broken over there as it is here and it's not Corporate Greed....that's kinda self evident and goes with the whole picture. The system allowing loopholes so numerous and large that rush hour traffic can pass through without backing up would seem to be the problem.

It's a beast!

Source

The people running the system can't even stay on the right side of it. Perhaps making it the size of a small book or even pamphlet would make holding everyone accountable to it a whole lot easier.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: added source

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Wow! that pic is stunning

Throw the whole lot out, produce a little pamphlet that says if you earn x amount then you pay x amount, no exceptions. Also, tax should be paid in the country where the profit was made, fastbucks for example should pay tax to the uk for every cup of coffee they sell in the uk.

edit on 13-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If anybody is interested, there is now a government e-petition with the intention of getting parliment to debate taxation on turnover rather than profit for large multinational companies only.

epetitions.direct.gov.uk...

Please sign away and tell your friends. This is UK only.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Any reason why this has now become an issue?

Amazon at least has been dodging taxes for years. Why the sudden concern now?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Look, everyones blaming the government etc. while they are partially responsible, we could also change all those companies tax policies just by NOT USING THEIR GOODS and SERVICES. It's not hard, if there is a Fastbucks you can guarantee that there will be another, Costa does pay tax or use a smaller independent (coffee generally tasted better anyway). Google, use a different search engine, stop using gmail stop uploading to your tube account etc. Amazon, shop around i very rarely cant find what i'm after cheaper, generally after using a search engine other than google, use ixquick, no tracking and better search results even though they use the google engine, work that out.

People we can change their policies, hit them where it hurts, in their pockets, they will change their tune, we just have to make them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join