It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This the End of Elmo? Say It Isn't So!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Link

This makes me so sad. Elmo is loved by so many!

While charges and counter-charges were flying in the wake of Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash’s leave of absence from “Sesame Street,” sources close to those controlling both the iconic children’s character and its multi-million-dollar products told this column Monday it was “highly unlikely” Clash would ever return as Elmo’s alter ego.

Do you have any Elmo toys in your home, or wrapped up as a gift for the holidays?

How will you explain to your children why Elmo isn't on Sesame Street anymore?

Another link:

More
edit on 13-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Don't worry.. I'm sure any of us know several different people who can do that voice as good as him

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

You think they will just replace the voice then?

That isn't mentioned in the article. Only that the person doing his voice is unlikely to return.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
reply to post by bacci0909

You think they will just replace the voice then?

That isn't mentioned in the article. Only that the person doing his voice is unlikely to return.

"Kevin insists that these allegations are false and defamatory and he has taken actions to protect his reputation," a Sesame spokesperson said. "We have granted him a leave of absence to do so."

"Elmo is bigger than any one person and will continue to be an integral part of 'Sesame Street' to engage, educate and inspire children around the world, as it has for 40 years," Sesame Workshop said in a statement.

Sesame Street is currently in production, but other puppeteers are prepared to fill in for Clash during his absence, according to a person close to the show who spoke on condition of anonymity because that person was not authorised to publicly discuss details about the show's production.

"Elmo will still be a part of the shows being produced," that person said.

So another person involved with kids comes about with shadows over their career.

but it appears they're not shelving the character. Plenty more perverted shenanigans to be had tickling the little red guy.. and elmo!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My son is still getting used to Elmo: The Musical instead of Elmo's World. It's just not as good. I wouldn't mind if they scrapped the character anyway.

But get rid of Abby too.

What...am I the only one who knows everything there is to know about Sesame Street?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

So another person involved with kids comes about with shadows over their career.

but it appears they're not shelving the character. Plenty more perverted shenanigans to be had tickling the little red guy.. and elmo!

I had to laugh at this one, but hopefully the shenanigans part won't be so. To think that his voice was used by a guy that was allegedly having an affair with a person just a past the Sesame Street viewing age, is very creepy.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
My son is still getting used to Elmo: The Musical instead of Elmo's World. It's just not as good. I wouldn't mind if they scrapped the character anyway.

But get rid of Abby too.

What...am I the only one who knows everything there is to know about Sesame Street?

I used to know a lot about it too, having 4 children. You know it's on the television too much when you catch yourself humming a Sesame tune while your at work.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I am putting this out there in case any other parent has just seen this news 1 month to late..

observer.com...
Update: The New York Times learned an hour ago that the young man who accused Mr. Clash of having a sexual relationship with him while he was underage has recanted his previous statement:

Andreozzi & Associates, a law firm that said it represented the accuser said in a statement that “he wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.” The statement added, “He will have no further comment on the matter.”

So the person lied.. I am probably betting he is lying about being gay also..

I just learned about this about 30 mins ago and already found out this story is hoopla...

edit on 12/8/2012 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

top topics

join