It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New petition on Whitehouse.gov: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am going to petition the government to end the rule of the evil coffee barons ... Who's with me ?!

*cue patriotic music*

No more will we stand idly by while these oppressors of coffee put a price on our morningnessly pleasures, No more will we pay for a bean that grows freely and openly, No more will we be slaves to their evil use of the bean, Free the coffee for one and all!

We stand as one in solidarity against these criminals, we say in one voice, loud and clear, free the coffee Mr. President! Free the coffee for one on all from sea to shining sea so that our coffee shall be free and flowing, for the rich and the poor, for the young and old, for all religions and all ethnic groups!

Free the coffee Mr. President and in doing so we will ensure that each and every one of us shall have our coffee, as god intended, hot and steamy, white or black, no lump, one lump or two every morning!

Thank you and God bless America!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I respect the 1st Amendment and for any clown or clowns to post nonsense to the white house or seek for pettitions to join in their tomfoolery, even if online as socket puppettry ( same person signing as multiple persons to give the illusion of bigger numbers to intimidate others)

Equally, I support the white house or authorities to IGNORE those secessionist idiots as they offered nothing except hate for their fellow citizens in the guise of harebrained excuses. These arent representatives of the People within a STATE, only some village idiots demanding the return of barbarism and regression of societies.

[Sarcasm]

Let me help:- HERE'S HOW TO SECEDE FROM THE USA.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Offer up a manifiesto outlining the constitution and how the govt will be constituted and responsibity, with a named leader or leaders - can't have the supporting cast of fools follwing will o'wisps, and afterall, secessionist morons have no love for the USA constitution or blood shed by forefathers, thus the desire for a divorce.

2. Determine right now, beforehand, what one expects in the new country before secession takes place, so that the majority citizens can pack up and leave the morons to have their way. Perhaps something like this? -

a. Self responsibility - if you are sick, you take care of yourself or pay top dollar for local heathcare. There is NOT gonna be social welfare. At most, a knife to kill yourself will be an act of charity from the seccessionist state.

b. Demographic:- An Aryan State - no hispanics, no blacks, no chinese, no jews, no muslim, no nothing except what Preacher Tom of the Baptist Evangelical Church tells yer. So if you happen to be one of the unwanted, watch out at midnight, cos a burning cross will be PEACEFULLY planted on yer garden or door.

c. Women:- Only docile women, who would walk a few steps behind a man be allowed, preferrably with big boobs. Women's place is in the kitchen and that's where they will belong. Education for women will be allowed, but confined to sewing, knitting and cooking. For those who are stupid but have big boobs, an underground school for pole dancing will be allowed. See - no one gets left behind.

d. Economy - what's that? Each citizen to have a couple of horses and cows, and that's all the economy one needs to live and know. By the way, the Earth is flat. No taxes, No social expenditure. You..are on yer own.

e. Abortion is banned. Homosexuality is banned. Weed is banned. Sex between unmarried couples and dancing is...sigh...banned. Alcohol is banned ( but drunk behind closed doors is ok). Hmm...infact, what happens behind close door is ok, cos there aint no cops. Paedophilia, incest, inbreeding, etc is kind fine. See nothing, hear nothing, say nothing is gonna be the motto of the state.

Well y'all know...... there'll be more, but I sup'ose this sure is as good as it gets! Anyone is free to make a choice, to join in the fun, or not to. Them suits in the white house best listen up. It's only a peaceful pertition, but if paedophilliac inbreeding racists socket puppet morons aren't heard, som'thing's gonna and gotta give....

By the way... fellow inbreed moronic socket puppets have came from Louisiana and Texas,Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina and Tennessee, that is...if the socket puppets are who they are..hehe....

[/Sarcasm.]
edit on 13-11-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I believe this secession thing has been tried before. It was called the Civil War. As you may remember, it turned out badly for the secessionists.

And then, what would be the Nation of Texas' position in the world? How would you deal with, say, China? What if they invaded you? It would give them a great position in regards to the United States. They might just do that.

Is Texas really ready to take the world stage?

Some people just cannot come up with any new solutions to anything. They think if they just try the same thing in the same way enough times there will come a different result. That is called OCD and sometimes insanity.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by rockintitz
reply to post by muse7

It is not about who won!
Everyday the federal government creeps more and more into our lives.
This is not the way it is supposed to be, according to the laws set forth by the people who created our great nation. And MOST Americans are not only compliant with this, but they applaud it!
This nation was founded on the beliefs that tyrannical government will always seek power, and that the citizens should always have the right to espouse it.

So please, don't turn this into a left/right thread. Turn it into an individual rights system of beliefs. If you love this country, as I do, it should be that simple.

And again, let me say that you can do WHATEVER you want. There are better ways of protesting than throwing a temper tantrum like a 14 year old threatening his parents that he's going to run away.

If you're going to stay and fight to keep this union together then good, I will fight alongside you. But if you sign a petition saying that you wish to break up this great union then no one is stopping from getting the hell out.

So please, spare us more of your empty threats of petitioning to secede and either get the hell out, or do something to change this country for the better.

just my 2 cents.
edit on 11/13/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

I don't know why you keep saying "go to another country" like if these states do secede from the union, you act like they are gonna move massive amounts of land to the ocean. If you happen to live in a state that seceded entirely, and you were so upset, maybe YOU would be the one who has to get out.

just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Now, there's a man with a future in the GOP. May I suggest a few blows to the head; you seem to still be literate.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The Constitution cites and secures your God given rights as an American citizen. This document combined with the Declaration of Independence, Federalist papers and the numerous quotes by our founding fathers serve as notice to the current Government, whether it be red or blue "This is how far you can go, and no further". When the current governing body chooses to ignore and or dismantle the very document that empowers the governed the document also cites rights and perhaps more importantly duties to bring a halt to a rogue government and some of the means suggested are a bit unsavory.

That the people are expressing their concern to their servant Government through "peaceful" means speaks volumes to their patience and maturity when the founding fathers would have likely gone to war a hundred times over.

That document written by men "in Knickers"provides a written record of your rights but it does not provide you the right to sit in apathy or God forbid, support of the systematic dismantling of this great country which countless men and women have sacrificed all so that you might know a better life than they were afforded only to have you turn your back on their efforts and squandering everything they lost so that you might gain. And you would suggest that it is these supporters of liberty that should be the ones to leave "That they wont be missed" I submit that perhaps it is you who should find one of the many countries around the world that subscribe to your ideology and leave this shining gem to those who appreciate her and desire to encourage her to shine like the diamond she was meant to be.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Do cut the 'fine talk' BS and get to the point.

If you truly honor what the founding and forefathers had done building up the nation, you would have elected a representative to argue your case in Congress, and if the arguments has no merits, do have the grace to acede to the will of the PEOPLE that had made america great.

As it is, what you are doing is just plain thuggery, using an online vote to show delusively the supposed 'big numbers', which can easily be manipulated by voting and re-voting again by the same person, and refusing to accept the majority's will, except to presume egoistically you are right and your causes which bears no evidences or based on facts as righteousness.

Wake up to reality, will yer?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Haha. I love all of the posts encouraging the states to secede. "We don't need you". Right. It would be great to see the country that is left(no pun intended) if the red states went away. It would self implode within days because there would be no producers left. What a great idea actually. The thing is, we would have to make absolutely sure we had good border patrol, otherwise, after a week, they'd be right back trying to suck on the teet.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Are you actually replying to "me"

In America each and every individuals concern is the "most" important issue.

As for an "online vote". I voted, and I voted on a Diebold machine that I was led to by a pollworker who refused to check my ID because she had no right to do so. And no I did not vote for the other guy either.

so how about we let this thread get back on track after that trainwreck.

My bad - strike that i got what you meant now. We all know this has no teeth. But I have to support a people who would present a "peaceful" redress of grievances to their servant government as is their right. To do otherwise would be in direct conflict of my oath.

edit on 13-11-2012 by WWJFKD because: too damn tired to be doing this

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

It was the moronic loud vocal minority secessionists that started the anger.

Secession will fail simply because USA does NOT belong to the secessionists, Congress or the President. It BELONGS to the People.

Can the East and West Coast States, with their trading and logistic centres and natural deep harbours, secede from the Union, as they will earn revenue through trade with the world?

Can the landlocked Bible belt states that claims to produce food secede from the Union, as they claimed to produce, but will earn little close to nothing if they have to ship trade through other states to earn revenues?

Best the secessionists wake up to realities. No individual part is greater than the sum of all. To stand for individual greatness or foolish beliefs will only bring harm to all.

Reminds of this joke.
The parts of the body each claimed to be the best and the other body parts will die if without that proud claming body part. However, they laughed when the rear orifice made that claim. The rear orifice got angry and decided not to function, resulting in the body breaking down within days.

Moral of the story - even an as&hole is important...oops!..I mean even a rear orifice is important to the body.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

first and foremost quit being a shill... your post indicate you are not a republican... quite trying to play the game as if you are one

I am lucky to not be a democrat such as the ones I have seen here so far... Have you no mind to pay heed to the fact that people feel extremely disenfranchised?

So if I understand your position, the person who wins has the right to exile all those who do not share their view. Please do indeed put your money where your mouth is.

You operate under Andrew Jackson,"to the winner goes the spoils." Correct

So under your philosophy, should someone takeover, regardless of means, you pledge your loyalty to them... After all they are the winner and these are your words not mine????

For some reason I do not think this is how you would respond?

Obama could show leadership and reach out to those that feel this way. Perhaps dialogue... the root causes so to speak would be of immense value in 2014....

edit on 13-11-2012 by ripcontrol because: newspeak is not freespeak

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
signed my state....on the basis that its what i believe......oh government is NOT serving us well and no im not a republican nor am i a democrat...im just sick of the same thing over and over and over.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Go ahead and attack us verbally. The majority of people on here complain constantly about our crooked government, evils of monsanto, political lies, conspiracy after conspiracy! Then when someone makes a stand and does something you attack them. I cant believe some of the replies I just breezed over. Lets say for a minute this does actually gain steam, and Ron Paul steps in, let's say we start actually coming up with new ideas, take your so called "TPTB" out of the equation, grant anyone who wishes to become part of this, then what? Are you gonna just sit there, or try to make a change? I saw someone already brought up the Civil WAR! Already war mongering huh? I thought that was the so called Red States M.O. Anyway, off my rant now, echoes off change may still be heard yet. Ya'll can have your communism if you want, just leave us out of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

If by signing on a dubious online vote will make tomorrow all blue skies and everything nice, do tell me what you had been smoking.

In truth, there is are no magic wave of wands, but a lot of real work needed to be done, from you and me. All this bickering and fighting will get us all nowhere, and worse, only to be manipulated, leading us all deeper into the hole.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Personally I feel this idea of secession is all part of the plan that has been in the works for well over a decade.

There are certain principalities of money and power that want to see the United States broken apart and turned into small European like countries. Look at the land grabs some of the wealthiest people and corporations have made since the housing market popped and real estate values plummeted. Do you honestly think this is a coincidence?

It's quite simple, the USA, if allowed to entertain the secessionist meme...is heading for a new Barony. The major landholders will answer to a new King or Emperor and you will either be a freeman or a serf. You presence on lands will be tolerated as long as your new Baron can scoop up the lion's share of your work and effort. You will be allowed to be a Freeman as long as you can work like the merchants of old...if not, you WILL be a modern serf in the new Fiefdom.

The idea of 'divide and conquer" is as old as organized warfare. What saddens me is that people have let their emotions dictate their thoughts and have not stopped to consider this apparent knee jerk reaction was exactly what was desired.

I believe there are those that have been pushing the envelope more and more over the years, trying to instigate that reaction for a long time. By pushing the envelope on attacking personal liberty and choice, they knew all to well they were also pushing the buttons of the people and the desired result has been achieved...stark division among the citizens.

Maybe this is just how empires fall. What is even sadder is if this thing declines back into a Barony, then you will have little border skirmishes between the newly formed "countries" or baronies...and eventually, they will start sucking up the smaller, weaker ones and form another large empire...only this one will probably be devoid of a Constitution or a Bill of Rights.

Be careful what you wish for secessionists...you might actually get it and you probably won't like it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by TDawgRex

Yes I am from Texas,

Austin voted for Obama, does that mean that if Texas does secede does Austin get to secede from Texas?

25,000 signatures do not represent 25,000,000 people.

Obama won, time to get over it. Maybe the Republicans can give us a better candidate in 2016
edit on 11/13/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

People in Texas that voted for Obama: 3,294,440
    People in Texas that signed this petition: 25,000

Get over yourselves.

edit on 11/13/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
They voluntarily signed a petition declaring that they want to no longer be part of these United States. In my opinion they should have their citizenship revoked and deported. No one forced them to sign those petitions.

One can clearly see that your view of the facts is skewed though a lens of some politics -

These people singed a lawful petition to their government which is a right under the first amendment of the constitution. In that petition they expressed their interest is pursuing a lawful and non-violent secession from the Federal Union. Secession is a right enjoyed by the people exercised through their elected State representatives, how else will the State representatives know the will of the people if the people do not let them know what they want?

I think they should be forced to sleep in the bed they made. They basically renounced their citizenship signing that petition anyway.

There is only one way to renounce one's citizenship in the US:

B. ELEMENTS OF RENUNCIATION

A person wishing to renounce his or her U.S. citizenship must voluntarily and with intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship:

- appear in person before a U.S. consular or diplomatic officer,
- in a foreign country (normally at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate); and
- sign an oath of renunciation

Renunciations that do not meet the conditions described above have no legal effect. Because of the provisions - of section 349(a)(5), Americans cannot effectively renounce their citizenship by mail, through an agent, or while in the United States. In fact, U.S. courts have held certain attempts to renounce U.S. citizenship to be ineffective on a variety of grounds, as discussed below.

travel.state.gov...

As you can see signing a petition even if that petition is for secession doesn't nullify one's citizenship. However, I understand your sensational statement fits your worldview so have at it.

Also see the last part there about not being able to renounce one's citizenship while in the US? That is because an individual can't secede from the Union only States can but the movement has to start with the people.

I hear that Somalia has a small government that doesn't interfere with the people. How bout they go there?

These comments are juvenile...

I have been to Somalia on more than one occasion courtesy of the US Army. Once during a nice little fire fight in Mogadishu and again in 2004 to collect some individuals who were on a list - last time was to raid an ALQ training compound that funded itself via piracy.

Somalia has no government at all it is an Anarchy in most places - Or a thugocracy at best run by criminals. The only difference between a government run by thugs and one run by bankers and corporate interests are the nature of the crimes and the methods of control. One does it by fear and with guns, the other with fancy suits, lobbies and favorable regulation.

I'd say the US government is only a couple Armani suits away from a thugocracy which is why the people should secede.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Im not saying its going to be blue skies and freaking sunshine and NO im not smoking anything
its an opinion and as far as i know the first amendment right of freedom of speech is being attacked. I dont think you understand the other sides point of view. I understand people will be pi$$ed because sadly they are hurt that their fellow country men feel this way. Or their uncompassionate lizards that are blinded buy charisma you choose, or maybe their just to fat,lazy,chicken sheet, or your just fully content on being the one the government fears and being watched.....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Im pretty sure this is why the founding fathers were so big on states rights so if and when the federal government stopped looking after the people best interest, they had options, do i personally want to see any state leave the union, no. but i think this is a good way to show the feds the people are not happy and its time for real change. I personally believe the federal government has all ready over stepped their boundaries, in what power they should be allowed. People of a state should be able to decide what is best for their state, and if they are wrong business's schools ect can leave and let the state re-evaluate their position.

Im pretty convinced much of America is more then happy to welcome socialism. And in that case you are the ones that should be leaving.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I like that, let's see these fake secessionists put their money where their mouth is

I'm sure there are many right wing paradises where these nuts can go live! Where there are no social safety nets, no health care and where they can get into daily gunfights

There are many immigrants waiting to be part of this great union, we won't miss these crybabies

Yeah, that makes sense... get rid of the productive and responsible members of society and replace them with more people wanting handouts.

Do you people EVER think about what you're saying???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join