It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New petition on Whitehouse.gov: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Everyone remember Bushes re election in 2004?

Lawrence O’Donnell MSNBC calls for secession … in 2004
Alternative Title: “Election losers embrace secession to escape evil President’s second term.”

networkedblogs.com...

Im sure you dont remember that.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i have been reading this thread, with much trepidation, and can no longer resist he urge to reply.

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I am not a constitutional lawyer so it is not my job to know the details of the constitution.

If you are an american citizen, it sure as s**t IS your job to know the details of the constitution. If for no other reason than to know exactly when it is being violated.

Personal responsibility needs social responsibility to make soceity function properly.

wrong. personal responsibility means you manage your own affairs, and take care of yourself. social responsibility means someone else manages your affairs, and takes care of you. if your idea of society functioning properly, is everyone on walfare, and completely dependent on the federal government from cradle to grave, then i believe (if you are a U.S. citizen), you are in the wrong country.

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07And if it is not in the constitution it can always be added later on. Hiding evil intentions behind the constitution speaks volumes of the flawed character of people like you. The document was written centuries ago and can always benefit from amendments because things change.

so what you're saying is that a document written specifically to ensure freedom, and limit federal power, can always be modified to reduce and restrict freedom, and expand federal power?

explain to me what the point would be in even having such a document anymore at that point?

this kind of thinking sickens me. ignorant people who know nothing of our history, and the principles upon which this nation was founded, acting as if they're good americans, and ridiculing those of us who still give a damn about decency and the rule of law. Citizens need to read the constitution, and learn some history, before even attempting to discuss modern politics.

another thought, did anyone ever stop to think for a moment that maybe all these petitions are plants? a massive ruse, generated by our "loving" federal overlords, to distract, divide, and draw out?

we should be discussing matters of substance, not this nonsense.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Daedalus because: felt like the thing to do at the time

edit on 13-11-2012 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul on succession, "Its very American."

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

Seems to me stripping ones citizenship just because they want to seccede is kinda like throwin Brer Rabbit into the briarpatch....if one should want to seccede being stripped of citizenship may be considered a reward and not a punishment.....why not start a petition to give every person a million dollar bailout while we re at it......look around folks its time for a little sanity.....take a deep breath...count to ten and dont get caught up in the madness....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh look what i can do! I made a petition dedicated to my fav nut job conspiracy Theorist YouTubes Vonhelton
Next one will be for Free Beer I promise. Successful troll is successful , too easy!

petitions.whitehouse.gov... ?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl
edit on 13-11-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
I live in Texas and since the election I've seen several American flags flying upside down. I'm talking about in nice neighborhoods too. I've never seen that before. Normally Texans seem super patriotic.

and it's not un-patriotic to fly the flag inverted.

if you're confused, you should look up what it means.

given the current situation, it is absolutely appropriate, and patriotic.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I like that, let's see these fake secessionists put their money where their mouth is

I'm sure there are many right wing paradises where these nuts can go live! Where there are no social safety nets, no health care and where they can get into daily gunfights

There are many immigrants waiting to be part of this great union, we won't miss these crybabies

Obviously then your fine with the Federal Government overstepping their boundaries every single day, and your fine with giving up more and more of your individual rights and giving up your liberty so the Federal Government can do whatever they want. You calling people Un American for wanting to Secede and you are so wrong, you are the one that is Un American. The government is stripping you, me and everyone of their individual freedoms and you think people that want to have freedom are Un American. America was built on "We the People". If you don't want freedom than you need to GTFO, catch my drift?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I see the tyranny of the majority is finally raising its head.

( A majority of 2% in the last election and it's already being called a mandate.)
Somebody remind me of why the U.S. is a Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy as most people here believe.

I know right - I happened to be flipping channels this AM and I hear the left wing host Stephanie Miller state that the Obama election was a "landslide".

Seriously? Delusional much...

www.270towin.com...

On that site one can get links to any election map back to its inception.

For the record and comparison look at 1984 and 1988 in the link - those are landslides and a clear mandate from the people.

Even Clinton's 1992 result was a pretty clear mandate. All the elections since 2000 have been represented a clear and almost even split of the will of the people. Hasn't been a landslide in American politics in a long time.

No one has had a "clear and unequivocal mandate" since 1988 in my opinion. 53% percent of anything is hardly a mandate clear or unclear. That is barely half and besides the house didn't change hands so I think as the facts indicate America is clearly divided on the issues. There is no mandate other than in the urban core - that mandate is "we want free stuff" plain and simple.

This free stuff isn't free; however, it may take a civil war to point that out to people. I think once a few rural red States seceed the urban core is going to discover prety quick that food in fact doesn't come from cans and restaurants instead it is reaped from the hard work of people who happen to have a completely different set of values and ideas about what is fair.

I say leave the eaters to the cities and see how easy it is to grow food or raise animals for food on asphalt.

edit on 13/11/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I am afraid this county will never get over it.

Last time I checked, Obama got a good half of the votes on election night, so it's not this "country" that can't get over Obama's win, it's an ideological segment of this country.

Americans 52% are still drinking the Kool-Ade.

oh yes, because they didn't vote for Romney right?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I am not a constitutional lawyer so it is not my job to know the details of the constitution.

If you are an american citizen, it sure as s**t IS your job to know the details of the constitution. If for no other reason than to know exactly when it is being violated.

The bill of rights is only part of the constitution. People cherry pick what they want and ignore the rest.

Personal responsibility needs social responsibility to make soceity function properly.

wrong. personal responsibility means you manage your own affairs, and take care of yourself. social responsibility means someone else manages your affairs, and takes care of you. if your idea of society functioning properly, is everyone on walfare, and completely dependent on the federal government from cradle to grave, then i believe (if you are a U.S. citizen), you are in the wrong country.

You enjoy hyperbole and misinformation? Who says people like to be on welfare? What about going after the criminals rather than going after the victims? No one says people should be on welfare for extended periods of time unless they deserve to be via special cases. Capitalism creates welfare, because profit comes before jobs.

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07And if it is not in the constitution it can always be added later on. Hiding evil intentions behind the constitution speaks volumes of the flawed character of people like you. The document was written centuries ago and can always benefit from amendments because things change.

so what you're saying is that a document written specifically to ensure freedom, and limit federal power, can always be modified to reduce and restrict freedom, and expand federal power?

Never said that.

explain to me what the point would be in even having such a document anymore at that point?

explain to me why the first amendment is misconstrued to mean republicans get the most campaign money and democrats the second most campaign money? explain to me why money should even be considered freedom of speech.

what about the ucc? do you support all those thousands of codes?

this kind of thinking sickens me. ignorant people who know nothing of our history, and the principles upon which this nation was founded, acting as if they're good americans, and ridiculing those of us who still give a damn about decency and the rule of law. Citizens need to read the constitution, and learn some history, before even attempting to discuss modern politics.

are you another conservative hypocrite? I neither fully accept nor fully reject the constitution. There are parts I agree with and parts I disagree with. It is an old document that has its faults. It is still important though, obviously!

another thought, did anyone ever stop to think for a moment that maybe all these petitions are plants? a massive ruse, generated by our "loving" federal overlords, to distract, divide, and draw out?

we should be discussing matters of substance, not this nonsense.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Daedalus because: felt like the thing to do at the time

edit on 13-11-2012 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

seccession is not a bad idea if things keep getting worse. I just find it ironic in a pathetic and distorted way that it has become a tool of threat whenever people do not get their way.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
S&F OP. As long as you have NDAA, NDRP and the Patriot Act, you will get some pissed off Texans eventually.

This country has really split down the middle with this 2 party system. You have a whole group of people that could care less about the Constitution being shredded to pieces. They want more Big Gov. more wars, and they live in fear constantly from the huge "Terrorist" threat.

You guys don't want these States to secede? Erase NDAA, NDRP and the Patriot act. That would be a start.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I see the tyranny of the majority is finally raising its head.

( A majority of 2% in the last election and it's already being called a mandate.)
Somebody remind me of why the U.S. is a Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy as most people here believe.

Because you have little understanding of "democracy", "constitutional" and "republic".

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Um you sure about that? Because it specifically mentions Texas in the law... Hmmm you tell me: www.tsl.state.tx.us...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

Yep, both Democratic and Republican supporters have made calls for secession when the election result didn't go their way. There were also calls for secession on the left after the 2000 elections when the Florida vote was close. It's just another post election week.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I dont think a secession will ever happen ALTHOUGH I do believe there will be a movement far greater than the people actually see once the united states HITS THE BOTTOM, hundreds go to there banks only to find them wiped out, nobody will get there paychecks and honestly......all we have is each other ( much like being raped and not being able to get an abortion.....you have to live with it as if that was a blessing) we should view our people as family. and right now our family is SO DAMN DYSFUNCTIONAL. I can tell you Ive got a bedroom stocked with food and a storage unit filled with food.....am I a prepper no Im a human. and when a fellow man is in peril you can bet my door is open and I will feed them WHY!!!!! because its my responsibility as a person. But I think secession is the last thing we need to worry or beach about....... So be human!
edit on 13-11-2012 by MissCoyote because: opinion

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
In my opinion, you have people who are laughing and demonizing the states for wanting to secede, and then you have people who are with the states, who actually want to do something to better their lives. How do you have any room to laugh or say you're right? You're doing nothing.

At least those people realize what's wrong and are trying to do something.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

Unless of course you believe people should not be allowed to do whatever they choose to do with their own property.

Dude, you're going to give yourself a stroke with all your tantruming. Your face is turning purple.

You think you can secede, take all your toys and leave? Not reality.

Not trying to spam here, mods, but, the article deserves to be perused by these pipe-dream quitters:
Here's what you can expect:
Renouncing Your Citizenship: Madness or Sanity? from Forbes mag, back in the spring.

If you don’t like it, go somewhere else! With all of the options available to you, why settle for subpar service? That’s great advice when you’re evaluating where to eat dinner, but does that same advice hold true for your citizenship?

That's effectively what you're asking for, right? "I want out!"
Keep reading:

Not Tax-Friendly

According to experts, the United States is getting far less tax-friendly as the country finds itself in serious economic trouble. U.S. taxes are almost sure to rise in the coming years and with the political climate favoring taxing the wealthy even more, the nations wealthy are finding it more advantageous to take their family, and their money, elsewhere.Before you consider renouncing your citizenship and moving out of the country, you’ll probably want to earn your way out of the 99%. Some countries don’t make it easy for you to move in. One Caribbean island requires that you purchase a home of at least $400,000 or make a minimum contribution of $250,000 to a public charity. Italy, as well as other nations, make it easier to become a resident, but the cost of moving out of the United States will be high.

But wait, there's MORE!

Exit Tax

If you were to liquidate every investment you have today, what would you owe the IRS? Even the median income earning citizen may have a 401(k) of six figures or more. In order to renounce your citizenship, you have to pay an exit tax equal to the taxes you would owe on all of your investments.

and, and.....are you taking your whole family with you?

Don’t Expect to Come Back

If you’re hoping to become an official citizen of another country, but still spend the majority of your time in the United States, that probably won’t work. In order to come back, you’ll likely need a visa and that will likely give you a maximum of 120 days in the country. If you’re found to be acting as a resident instead of visitor, expect that visa to be revoked.

Your Family’s Tax Bill

In the eyes of the IRS, once you renounce your citizenship, the IRS treats you as if you passed away. If you leave family or friends any money, they will have to pay tax equal to the current estate tax rates. If you left a family member $10 million, the IRS will take $3.5 million of it in taxes.

The Bottom Line

Is it worth the hassle? People with a lot of assets, a love of another country and its culture, and a good attorney may find that renouncing their United States citizenship may have some advantages, but for most citizens moving abroad for financial reasons probably isn’t a practical or financially sound choice.

Think about it!!!
But, hey, you don't want to? You're mad as hell and you're not going to take it anymore? Okay then....
no one can make you think about it.
Just don't say you weren't warned.

You don't need to physically leave this country to get out of the US. US is not a country. Wake up! US is a corporation that was formed by the Act of 1871.
A "good" attorney? Get real! They are ALL agents of the CROWN. They are members of the B.A.R. Go ask any lawyer, attorney, DA, judge, etc for their "license to practice law". I did it to a DA. He/they have no such license. It's alot of fun to watch these imposters squirm. They are all just public trustees to administer the Bankruptcy of the United States of 1933. Feel free to look it up.
Go ahead. Get out of the US. You don't have to move anywhere. Stay where you are and get rid of your zip code and 2-letter state abbreviation for starters. Those 2 things declare you to be in a Federal Zone. Get out of the United States and back into the Republic.
Oh, and by the way, there are 2 constitutions. the Constitution FOR the United States and the Constitution OF the United States. Which one protects YOU? Which one is the organic one, not the corporate one?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Lol what am I losing? You are the one who has contradicted yourself and generally shown your ignorance. You admitted to knowing nothing about the Constitution, you clearly have no idea what it takes to run a business, yet that doesnt stop you from making a fool of yourself.

A more limited 2nd Amendment? Clearly you do not know the meaning of the phrase "shall not be infringed".

When you choose to live in reality, cmon back and try again. For now, youre just another stereotypical college student who thinks they know exponentially more than they actually do.

edit on 13-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by knightrider078

Yep, both Democratic and Republican supporters have made calls for secession when the election result didn't go their way. There were also calls for secession on the left after the 2000 elections when the Florida vote was close. It's just another post election week.

Exactly! It is a tool of threat. I lose therefore I leave. Much like israel telling iran "hey shut up or I will invade, kill your children and rape your women".

What the hell ever happened to those ignored third parties that get 1% of the vote collectively? Neither the democrats or republicans represent my values. Both are plutocratic pigs who feed the masses with enough BS to win each period.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join