It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candid shots of the rich by the rich. A stunning and slightly nauseating peak into their lives

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
They get this wealthy by exploiting the majority, hard working people.

No one get's that wealthy working an honest job.

I agree with you, like I've always said, no one becomes a millionaire without running over someone else or hurting another for their gain. Its just not honest money.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Im glad for those people having a good time and enjoying there money, I would if I was them, so would anyone on here. Could be worse, you could be born in the wrong country like Somalia.

I enjoy my money, not to the extent mega wealthy people do, but I enjoy wealth within the limitations my personal circumstance allows. I dont understand why I should feel guilty about poverty. Its sadly a reality of the world we live, sure it would be nice it doesnt exist. But thats not the way it work, never has been nor ever will be.

Best learn to live with that and stop being hypocrits.

no one becomes a millionaire without running over someone else or hurting another for their gain

Sorry but thats just a woefully ignorant outlook in life. Its not good to be jealous all the time.
edit on 13-11-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
They get this wealthy by exploiting the majority, hard working people.

No one get's that wealthy working an honest job.

Spoken like a true loser.

What about all of the wealthy who created something, patented it, licensed it, and are now wiping their butts with more money than you make in a year? Were they dishonest? Was their ingenuity fake?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Carnegie blew h is money because he held the religious belief that if you died rich, you went to hell. Which is why he didn't start blowing it till his late 60s. Had nothing to do with goodness. If he really cared, he would of stopped paying workers a penny a day and paid them more and had them working for shorter hours.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

In a lot of cases they are, and their dealings were very shady. Just look at Kim Dotcom.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleFluffyCloud

Jealous of these sniveling little turds that did precious little to earn their wealth?

Ha!

They wouldn't last a day in the REAL world without all of mommy and daddy's wealth to prop their asses up.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
These people live in a world that we wouldn't understand, just like they don't understand how we live.
And they make sure that their money stays with them.

Now, for those who think the heirs sit around and do nothing, you are also wrong. The children are groomed to be the next empire makers from the second they are born.

Paris Hilton isn't really a dummy, she is a media genius. I can tell you that all these kids are put in the best schools that money can buy.

While they don't have to long for anything, fact is, studies have proven that they are not any happier then the poverty stricken. There is nothign to look forward too, nothing to strive for. Your whole life has already been dictated, and you must live among strict societal standards. You can barely pick your spouse. It is very catty.
Even marrying an A list actor is considered to be pulling a spouse from the fourth string and is just barely acceptable.

the heir to Johnson and Johnson was supposed to put out a movie on what it is like to deal with all the treachory, I don't know why it never came out.

Trust me, they have the toys, but we are actually more free.

An aunt had the unfortunate run in with the heirs to Morton's Salt. Her FIL married the heir. They constantly let her know how her and her family are beneath them. Her father could of given her everything, but still let the children inherit it, and they made her pay the price still with their misery.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They must feel so empty inside. I can't wait for things to go very badly and watch them lose all their money. Hopeful y they start jumping out of windows again

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hey, wait a minute... I pay 20% gratuities when I dine out. How come this dude only paid 15%?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
It`s hard to put into words how little any of this bothers me. It`s their money to waste in whatever way they wish. If a rich man wants to buy his kid a pink Bentley, good for him. I`ve never been a fan of the wealthy, but frankly these pictures don`t bother me at all. And the `walking is for the 99%` one made me chuckle.

If I had the cash to buy my kid hundred thousand dollar + car, I would. I`m not sure I`d ever spend a quarter of a million bucks on campaign, but if indeed somebody did.. then good for them. And whats more, good for whoever sold it to him.

It doesn`t effect the way I live my broke life at all. It`s not my place to dictate how somebody else pisses away their money, nor is it yours.

Exctly.......but see cultures changed..............

Now its not "lets strive to be wealthy, lets be innovative and make ourselves the people who can have the money to do whatever the hell we want!"

its "Im lazy and instead of aspiring to do such great things, im going to try and make every rich person in the world feel bad about it......"

I get it, yeah the world sucks, yes there are poor and down trodden...........I for one do as much for chairty as I can, donating money and time..........however.........

If my really rich friends want to go blow their money doing foolish things, I really really really dont care..........

My envy isnt so much that I have to try and make them feel bad for it.......

People who have this attitude really need to look at themselves..........because THATS where the problem lies.......

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

In a lot of cases they are, and their dealings were very shady. Just look at Kim Dotcom.

So your logical conclusion is to vilify the many based on the actions of a few?

Do you do that in regards to black people too?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

This is such a strong argument for a crushing inheirtance tax over (x) amount. Family farms/ranches exempted.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
reply to post by jar11

This is such a strong argument for a crushing inheirtance tax over (x) amount. Family farms/ranches exempted.

The inheritance has already been taxed, and now you support taxing it again?

Making everyones life the same is NOT a function of government. If I have a billion dollars and choose to give it to my sons when I die, the government should most definitely NOT take 55% of it. The government shouldnt steal one single penny from me, since my wealth is my property. Whatever I choose to do with it is my decision and mine alone. In an allegedly free country, the government should have no say so what people do with their own property.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Honestly?
I would LOVE to drive in that pink Rolls! (prefere it without the ribbon though) And I wouldn't care squat if people hate me for it

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Nice post. It's true.

It's subjective.

But you know a lot of rich people DO work very hard. They just had a couple more opportunities along the way but worked every bit as hard and probably harder. You know life is about being smart too, not just about working hard. You can work in a sweatshop 12h/day 365/year and still not make much. There're lots of dirty unappealing jobs that pay minimum wage and have long hours.

In the end, if you want to be rich, you have to work hard AND be smart. Unfortunately, it's a lot harder to find people who can do both equally well. That's why most people aren't rich.
edit on 13-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

When the economy crashes all that "money" and "wealth" won't mean anything. I'll wipe my butt with it in the bathroom.

No, these fat cat millionaires who throw this money around like it's nothing OBVIOUSLY didn't earn it.
Those who earn their money treat it with respect. They aren't callous with it like it's trash.

I for one am glad to be a working man who has a solid set of skills to rely upon when the economy does crash.
I have an electronics technician background and am currently an Information Assurance specalist.

Unless doomsday comes in the form of total devastation, there will always be a need for computers / electronics and I feel pretty good about having a solid set of skills to get me by while these fat cats starve to death because there is no more dollar to trade and all their "wealth" winds up being more worthless than newspaper.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i dont understand why people are bothered by these photos, if i was mega rich like these people i would also buy nice expensive things, however i would also donate just as much to charity, which for all you know they might do this too.
no point having loads of money if your not going to spend any of it, life is for living.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think they are feeling the heat. The reason why some of us don't live like that is because it has no interest. The richer still grow old, get arthritis, etc The point being if you are poor but actually want that lifestyle you can mingle with that social set and it can pay off. Modern technical culture continually reduces the gap between rich and poor until there is precious little difference between the two. By this I mean electronic communication, centrally heated houses, private motor vehicles, effective police force, high standards of food. They are doing themselves no favors by paying £120,000 for a bottle of wine, innovation is often prompted by hardship, history is littered with the revolutions against obscene wealth and revolution is made possible by innovation.
Personally, I would not travel in a private jet because there are no ejector seats. Motor cars look like fun but are an introduction of violence into your life (road rage, crashes). Servants might be the height of decadence but are an intolerable breach of security, some tasks must be done right with no margin of error. I live well and independently but I see people die when I watch the news. Get the picture?
edit on 13-11-2012 by Cinnamon because: added

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Did it ever occur to you that other people do not think exactly like you do in terms of spending money? If they want to "throw it around", that is their choice since they earned it. What good is earning if you dont enjoy it and celebrate once in a while?

Want to know what their wealth does in the event of a societal collapse? It gives them the means to prepare before hand. To purchase guns, food, med supplies, and even a kickass bug out location to fall back to when the parasitic hordes realize they arent getting food stamps any more and will be left on their own.

Here is a perfect example: The wealthy in the new orleans area realized katrina was coming and got the hell out before the devastation. Whether it was a vacation home, or just some other place to go, the bottom line is that their wealth and proper planning beforehand saved them from ending up in the ghetto superdome.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm
reply to post by zeeon

Did it ever occur to you that other people do not think exactly like you do in terms of spending money? If they want to "throw it around", that is their choice since they earned it. What good is earning if you dont enjoy it and celebrate once in a while?

Want to know what their wealth does in the event of a societal collapse? It gives them the means to prepare before hand. To purchase guns, food, med supplies, and even a kickass bug out location to fall back to when the parasitic hordes realize they arent getting food stamps any more and will be left on their own.

Here is a perfect example: The wealthy in the new orleans area realized katrina was coming and got the hell out before the devastation. Whether it was a vacation home, or just some other place to go, the bottom line is that their wealth and proper planning beforehand saved them from ending up in the ghetto superdome.

I find your choice of words to describe the less then wealthy disturbing.
I completely understand enjoying wealth - but mocking of the 99% while doing it? That's ok with you?
To have such disregard and audacity to throw your wealth in the faces of those who don't have any - and that's ok with you?

/shrug

I know (yes, KNOW) that those who earn their wealth through hardwork and determination do not flaunt it around and mock the poor with it. Act responsibly with your money. You don't see Bill Gates acting like this, do you?
How about Donald Trump? These are true wealthy businessman who deserve some modicum of respect.

These turds referenced in the OP are something else altogether.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join