It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candid shots of the rich by the rich. A stunning and slightly nauseating peak into their lives

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So today I was sent a link by a friend to a tumblr page. This page displays images of (mostly) rich young people blowing their money and showing it off over instagram. Some of it is harmless, but some of it absolutely blows my mind. The blatant showing off, the attempt at superiority and being king of the castle is just gross.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be this privileged, we all would to some degree. However some of these images are downright irresponsible. The rich are making all this money, and they are getting stupid by waving it around like this. The bottom of the barrel (aka 99%) are only going to sit around and watch this so long. I mean, we always see the rich displayed on TV and we may know how rich they are on paper but I don't think we've even begun to grasp how *really* rich they are and what they are actually doing with their money. Keyword here is *their* money. But really, I haven't even decided on my stance on that. I think as "high society" they do have an obligation. But to what degree? Do WE have a moral obligation to stop their waste? I just don't know.

I actually think this page may do some good. These are candid shots taken by the rich themselves, they dig a little deeper than what we see on TV. See for yourself!

Here we see an image of a table of people, obviously upscale, talking about how tired of these "Illuminatti Dinners" he is. He even hash tags illuminatti! Is this a joke?

And here's one I like. A man on a Segway in front of his six-pillared mansion (wow, six!) making a joke about how walking is for the 99%. HILARIOUS....not.

Or this bad boy. When was the last time you spent over £160,000 on alcohol? Wish I was the waitstaff getting that tip at the end of the night! I wonder how many starving mouths could have been fed instead of some pretensions alcohol? A few, at least.

Thanks daddy!

That's all I'm going to post for now. And listen, I get a lot of the 1% earned their money through blood, sweat and tears. I just think we should really be looking at these people closely. Fortunately, the advent of social media allows this. They may be getting out of control. No matter how much they have, they have US to thank for it. We line all their pockets. Should we be pissed off? Is the 99% overreacting? Are we just jealous of their happy money filled lives? Should they be doing more? Should we be standing up and managing the rich? If you're interested, check out the full Tumblr at Rich Kids of Instagram

Thanks guys!
SJM
edit on 13-11-2012 by jar11 because: More grammar, yadda yadda

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Not being from that part of the world,

The receipt for booze shows an item "Service (@ 15.00%) " What is that for? Just wondering cause that is an awful lot of service!

P

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

It's gratuity. Basically it's a tip for the wait staff (and with that large of a tip, I would be surprised if the restaurant didn't take a piece of that as well).

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jar11

Heck, I wouldn't say it's about jealousy (well, it might be for some). But it does highlight the huge chasm which exists between the haves and have-nots in this world. We wonder why the elite cannot connect with the everyday troubles of the 'common man', well, it's because they live like this and most of the rest of us...... don't!

I think people are allowed to enjoy any wealth they accumulate, if it's done with honesty and in an ethical manner. But they do realise what the other 99% are going through right now, surely? They may as well be waving massive wads of cash in our faces: "Loadsamoney!!!!" (for any Brits out there who will get the reference!).

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
thats not so bad, i mean if i had that money im sure id be the same way. not only that, but i have a job, im healthy, and yeah i live paycheck to paycheck and wasted my money going to college only to enter a jobless world where i have to slave everyday at a call center, but as long as i have food to eat and a place to stay, cant complain. would be worse if we were all starving and homeless and truly was a great divide, i mean im considered poverty level, but really the more money i have, the bigger a-hole id be. still i would like to see those rich kids pay off my student loans, wouldnt mind that!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jar11

It's gratuity. Basically it's a tip for the wait staff (and with that large of a tip, I would be surprised if the restaurant didn't take a piece of that as well).

Wouldn't that be half of an annual salary?

P

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jar11

Back in my day, we called it conspicuous consumption and it was frowned upon often by the wealthy themselves. These kids didn't make the money and likely their parents didn't either nor will they contribute to humanity.

I'd heard about this 'trend', now I've seen it. A Pink Bently (or was it a Rolls) - gauche.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

And here's one I like. A man on a Segway in front of his six-pillared mansion (wow, six!) making a joke about how walking is for the 99%. HILARIOUS....not.

And in the event the day comes that man stands face to face with this man, when he no longer has monetary value inflating his perception of power, he will truly understand how weak he really is. It's a funny thing, how frail us humans are.Forever stronger than all!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Wow..
it's amazing we even live on the same planet. What a world they live in. I can't comprehend it. I've never even met someone that had money like these people. Crazy.
Most of that 'stuff' looks garish and ugly, but I do envy the freedom they must have. Le sigh

link   
Please tell me that you do get these are jokes, and there wasn't actually a guy sitting there at some posh get together saying "I'm so rited of these illuminati dinners.."

They're not serious.

here's one I saw from mr Obama. How does he know, does he have an account on ATS? Is this serious?

"I'm so sad when I read things on ATS that are obviously lost on people."

^^ When was he on ATS???

edit on 13-11-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

link   

It's a bit more than half of mine! And here I thought I was doing well for myself!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

This is screen caps of Instagram posts. These are actual captions made by the users who posted the image on instagram. If you have instagram, look up the user names.

Many of them are public accounts, this is not one of those pages where people find random images on the Internet and make funny captions. Do your research, sir.
edit on 13-11-2012 by jar11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It’s disappointing when kids are born into wealth and have literally done absolutely nothing to earn anything they’ve got yet still have such a sense of self importance. I don’t really understand it. It’s strange. Sure, if you actually worked and earned what you have then that’s fine to an extent, but when you’ve been handed everything on a golden plate you have no right to flaunt it. I know when I’m successful and wealthy in my field, which will include a hell of a lot of hard work, my children won’t be getting a free ride. They’ll be proving their worth. I wouldn’t be handing them wads of cash and million dollar cars for no reason.
edit on 13-11-2012 by BlindBastards because: l

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Please tell me that you do get these are jokes, and there wasn't actually a guy sitting there at some posh get together saying "I'm so rited of these illuminati dinners.."

I think most of us are aware that was a joke, yes. At least, I hope this site isn't full of gullible people or we'll all be in trouble........

edit on 13/11/2012 by LittleFluffyCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Just goes to show you cant buy taste or coolness
If someone wants to look like a wanker in their Pink Bentley or prancing around on a segway,go for it
We all end up buried under the same dirt anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleFluffyCloud

Taken from my instagram, screen capturing the so called illuminatti dinner attending "mrkream".

So, yes there was someone sitting at a posh dinner saying that. Joke, perhaps. But he did say it.
edit on 13-11-2012 by jar11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It`s hard to put into words how little any of this bothers me. It`s their money to waste in whatever way they wish. If a rich man wants to buy his kid a pink Bentley, good for him. I`ve never been a fan of the wealthy, but frankly these pictures don`t bother me at all. And the `walking is for the 99%` one made me chuckle.

If I had the cash to buy my kid hundred thousand dollar + car, I would. I`m not sure I`d ever spend a quarter of a million bucks on campaign, but if indeed somebody did.. then good for them. And whats more, good for whoever sold it to him.

It doesn`t effect the way I live my broke life at all. It`s not my place to dictate how somebody else pisses away their money, nor is it yours.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
They get this wealthy by exploiting the majority, hard working people.

No one get's that wealthy working an honest job.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

reply to post by LittleFluffyCloud

Taken from my instagram, screen capturing the so called illuminatti dinner attending "mrkream".

I do believe that was the caption but I'm assuming the rich themselves make jokes about being Illuminati and such, just for the laughs.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This is most of us, right? A car, maybe two? A roof over our heads. Some of us rent, some own their places. Some live in a quaint suburb on the outskirts of the metropolis. Some live in apartments. 1.5 kids with a good education... Most of us have a PC, access to the Internet, electricity, running water, a good meal every day? We are average. And we have a lot to say about how these rich brat kids spend their money...

I wonder what these people think about the way we live and spend our money...

Perhaps they think "How many families could they feed with the money they spent on that 55" plasma TV?"...

You see it's all about perspective. It's like driving on the highway. Everyone that drives faster than you is a hellfire maniac that is a danger to all other road users. Everyone that drives slower than you is a pathetic slow oxygen thief that should get off the road...
edit on 13-11-2012 by Gemwolf because: Clarity

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join